Question For The Distance Men

walterboswell59

The eleventh flight appears for one of two reasons; either two feathers growing from one follicle or an extra follicle. The extra follicle will increase wing length and thus alter the leverage. This could be the only problem, however nature has a knack of balancing these things.

I think the most important things to breed into our distance candidates are the un-seen traits; those traits that the likes of Derek has in his loft of birds. A desire to home, to do so quickly and to appear through all difficulties. How do we find those traits? Send them, then improve ourselves! :)

The eleventh flight appears for one of two reasons; either two feathers growing from one follicle or an extra follicle. The extra follicle will increase wing length and thus alter the leverage. This could be the only problem, however nature has a knack of balancing these things.

I think the most important things to breed into our distance candidates are the un-seen traits; those traits that the likes of Derek has in his loft of birds. A desire to home, to do so quickly and to appear through all difficulties. How do we find those traits? Send them, then improve ourselves! :)

Good post

Best pigeon I ever owned had a terrible dropped tail feather.I know folk that would've killed it for that as its a sign of weakness, BOLL..KS, this pigeon won everywhere she went including the coveted A.R.Bowes trophy for 1st west sect Gold cup, she is responsible for 60 SNFC diplomas. WRONG TRAIT, we know fk all about pigeons and the sooner folk realise that the quicker they move up the ladder imo.

Excellent,just hope some know alls who have done fk all take note.

guys i was trying to ascertain if a pigeon with eleven flights in one wing only would be at a disadvantage in a long hard race balance wise

The late Bobby Carruthers gave me a baby in 2000 which was sent twice to Alencon 2005 2007 both times making the prize list. She had eleven flights on one wing and could score in fast and slow races.

The other thing about eleven flighted pigeons is that they will probably be in the minority, so there will be less of them scoring at the distance. It is hard enough to have a common or garden ten flighted pigeon score at the distance, but there will be more of them do it just simply due to statistics. remember Budgie's 2% rule then apply it to the eleven flighted pigeons. :)