Geraldy Trailer

tiger

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the SHU have the money, then investing in something like this is the only way to go imo... How much a year do they spend on haulage? would it not be beneficial for the books to pay for a driver only?

looks the biz

Mick

Would you not need to hire a tractor unit to pull it.

Plating / Road Tax / insurance are these things all free.

Would you not need to hire a tractor unit to pull it.

Plating / Road Tax / insurance are these things all free.

I must be missing something ..i thought the cab in front pulls it.

As for plating / insurance etc ...tis all part in parcel of owning and driving your own vehicle and would have to be in place each year before a driver is hired.

And as i said if the money is there why wouldnt they want their own transport, unless hiring others works out cheaper.

atb

Mick

I must be missing something ..i thought the cab in front pulls it.

As for plating / insurance etc ...tis all part in parcel of owning and driving your own vehicle and would have to be in place each year before a driver is hired.

And as i said if the money is there why wouldnt they want their own transport, unless hiring others works out cheaper.

atb

Mick

The advert doesnt mention anything about the lorry , it says trailer for sale . As for running a transporter i no whats unvolved.

Imo to have a transporter that size when the birdage for Channel races is no more than 2200 it would be Financial sucicide.

But what would i no .

The advert doesnt mention anything about the lorry , it says trailer for sale . As for running a transporter i no whats unvolved.

Imo to have a transporter that size when the birdage for Channel races is no more than 2200 it would be Financial sucicide.

But what would i no .

Another pitfall is haulier company's will willingly hire you a cab/driver for the weekend but invariably will want their cab back for the Monday for business as usual. This of course can lead to pigeons being liberated in unfavourable conditions.

The best transport the SNFC ever used was Catteralls. How many pigeons does the trailer carry? Apart from the inland races the highest birdage is under 2000. What is the point in buying a transporter for 6 races a year. Folk say hire it out to feds. To which fed?? IMO the SNFC should hire the best available providing the cost is acceptable. The best available just now I would say are Lanarkshire and Almond Valley.

The idea of the national buying a transporter has been kicking about for years and IMO not a good idea,the transportation of the national birds should be distributed fairly between any federations who wish to put themselves forward at an ideal time of the year when fed transporters are usually lying idle. :partick-thistle-Crest:

The idea of the national buying a transporter has been kicking about for years and IMO not a good idea,the transportation of the national birds should be distributed fairly between any federations who wish to put themselves forward at an ideal time of the year when fed transporters are usually lying idle. :partick-thistle-Crest:

Totally agree with that m8 but feds have put their. Selfs forward for this and not been successful so the the money the snfc have in the bank they should get their own and show how it should be done or if that's not a good idea maybe they should just give it to a worthy cause !!! Ie too the rspb ??

i understand now Alec.. thank you

does the hire go to a Scottish Feds for bidding only or the cheapest UK?

Mick

i understand now Alec.. thank you

does the hire go to a Scottish Feds for bidding only or the cheapest UK?

Mick

Mick I think that in previous years some federations have missed out on the chance to have their transporter put forward and obviously fairness is paramount,also on the talk of costs the transporter must meet the standards expected of the membership which would be top of the list. :partick-thistle-Crest:

Mick I think that in previous years some federations have missed out on the chance to have their transporter put forward and obviously fairness is paramount,also on the talk of costs the transporter must meet the standards expected of the membership which would be top of the list. :partick-thistle-Crest:

Alec, as it should be standards then cost.

But when u say feds have missed out, does that mean the transport contract went outside of Scotland?

cheers

Mick

There was a tender from an 'outside Scotland' organisation for 2013, there were also tenders from Scottish Federations which couldn't be taken up due to an AGM Decision a couple of years ago that SNFC was only to use wicker baskets. The 'money in the bank' was originally £150,000 intended to buy a new transporter, a sub-committee report a couple of years ago decided against it finding it was cheaper to hire transportation.

If you read the President's Foreword on p29 of the 2013 year book, the erosion of that £150,000 (now £80,000 opening balance 2013) through financing continuous annual losses of £10K per annum, simply put means the club spends more than it earns and the 'money in the bank' it once had is being squandered supporting these losses (£17k in 2012), instead of modernising the club for the benefit of the pigeons and the members.

And when you are looking at transporter accommodation, remember that our basket limit is 50% approx - so whatever that Geraldy trailer holds, half it for the SNFC's Convoy. So its 3 of 'ours' instead of 1 of 'them' that went to Maidstone in 2013, and not one of 'our 3' could in any way be identified with the Club, the SNFC is invisible on the road.

There was a tender from an 'outside Scotland' organisation for 2013, there were also tenders from Scottish Federations which couldn't be taken up due to an AGM Decision a couple of years ago that SNFC was only to use wicker baskets. The 'money in the bank' was originally £150,000 intended to buy a new transporter, a sub-committee report a couple of years ago decided against it finding it was cheaper to hire transportation.

If you read the President's Foreword on p29 of the 2013 year book, the erosion of that £150,000 (now £80,000 opening balance 2013) through financing continuous annual losses of £10K per annum, simply put means the club spends more than it earns and the 'money in the bank' it once had is being squandered supporting these losses (£17k in 2012), instead of modernising the club for the benefit of the pigeons and the members.

And when you are looking at transporter accommodation, remember that our basket limit is 50% approx - so whatever that Geraldy trailer holds, half it for the SNFC's Convoy. So its 3 of 'ours' instead of 1 of 'them' that went to Maidstone in 2013, and not one of 'our 3' could in any way be identified with the Club, the SNFC is invisible on the road.

so is that case geraldy wont get considered ?