Geraldy Trailer

tiger

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best transport the SNFC ever used was Catteralls. How many pigeons does the trailer carry? Apart from the inland races the highest birdage is under 2000. What is the point in buying a transporter for 6 races a year. Folk say hire it out to feds. To which fed?? IMO the SNFC should hire the best available providing the cost is acceptable. The best available just now I would say are Lanarkshire and Almond Valley.

As far as am concerned the best transporter that has been used in previous season was the North West Federation Transporter. There are pros and cons for all transporters , personally i would rather see Scottish Feds benifiting from the SNFC for the use of the lorries.

The idea of the national buying a transporter has been kicking about for years and IMO not a good idea,the transportation of the national birds should be distributed fairly between any federations who wish to put themselves forward at an ideal time of the year when fed transporters are usually lying idle. :partick-thistle-Crest:

Mick I think that in previous years some federations have missed out on the chance to have their transporter put forward and obviously fairness is paramount,also on the talk of costs the transporter must meet the standards expected of the membership which would be top of the list. :partick-thistle-Crest:

John, fully agree with both of your posts , IMO it would not be a good idea for the SNFC to purchase a transporter, the best transporters that are available currently within the Scottish Feds should be hired and used but the ( must travel in wicker basket ) rule would have to be addressed

John, fully agree with both of your posts , IMO it would not be a good idea for the SNFC to purchase a transporter, the best transporters that are available currently within the Scottish Feds should be hired and used but the ( must travel in wicker basket ) rule would have to be addressed

That was never passed Davie, its more f kin propaganda from certain officials. The vote was taken to use a Geraldy/Traditional transporter for the GOLD CUP only that year, nothing more. Alot of underhanded crap to make sure certain transporters were used imo.

That was never passed Davie, its more f kin propaganda from certain officials. The vote was taken to use a Geraldy/Traditional transporter for the GOLD CUP only that year, nothing more. Alot of underhanded crap to make sure certain transporters were used imo.

Aye and I will bet it did not involve the Doc.

Del, I think you are right, I've just had a read through the 2013 book and unless I'm missing something then I can find no reference to birds must travel in wicker baskets , IMO if it's not in the rule book then it's not a rule.

IB would appreciate your view on this.

Del, I think you are right, I've just had a read through the 2013 book and unless I'm missing something then I can find no reference to birds must travel in wicker baskets , IMO if it's not in the rule book then it's not a rule.

IB would appreciate your view on this.

Davie, its a fact that the members were hoodwinked here m8.

i am glad they have chosen to use wicker basket, and there is only the one truck big enough to take the national birds for inland races. if you have no ambition its good enough for you. £80,000 soon to be £30,000 then nothing your loss Fifes gainlaugh.giflaugh.gif

and while you are at it why no make the secretaries job part time, with a bit extra paylaugh.gif