Snfc

tiger

Personally a think the SNFC is fooked, and observing the other national club in Scotland I think its run better and has better racing and its only fault is its small membership which stops it going farward, all to do with people trying new ideas, not looking for arguments. every one is entitled to their opinion. :animatedpigeons:

Ye agree Stuart that the SNRPC are looking to move forward. BUT, national?,all parts of the country? Maybees naw eh?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Gold Cup is worth thousands of pounds and is Priceless to the SNFC and its members, and if I we luck enough to win it 3 times and had the chance to keep it, I would donate it straight back to the National as I think most true SNFC fanciers would, so safe guarding the Gold Cup is the best decision ever made, JMO.

I was luck enough to be talking to John Duthie at the dance and he was holding the famous cup and I wouldn't touch it, I will only touch it when I have earned it, absolute respect for the Gold Cup, the romance of the Gold Cup race is what it's all about, I hope to touch it one day, but well done to John for winning it Twice and good luck going for the treble, a genuine fancier and a great man.

Roll on next year.

not disputing is worth at all, but when it was donated it was stated win it 3 times and you keep it, surely a big nat like the one you blow a pigs head on, should be able to replace it every 3 years lol

If memory serves me correctly was the original stipulation for the Gold Cup not that Rennes had to be won twice by the same fancier before the cup became the property of the winner. Was that not the case when Shillinglaw & Wyllie should have been the owner however one of them had dropped out the partnership on the second occasion.

Not sure of the history, I'm sure there was an occasion when it nearly could have been kept by the winner, but a new Gold Cup every time it is won 3 times, in one hand great, but the history of the original Gold Cup is special and I prefer the original Gold Cup every time.

If memory serves me correctly was the original stipulation for the Gold Cup not that Rennes had to be won twice by the same fancier before the cup became the property of the winner. Was that not the case when Shillinglaw & Wyllie should have been the owner however one of them had dropped out the partnership on the second occasion.

Naw, the same doo expletive remove, Blue Blitz, 1st and 2nd open

Naw, the same doo expletive remove, Blue Blitz, 1st and 2nd open

Off topic a bit-I've always found it interesting that far more people seem to remember Blue Blitz over Sky Queen which was 2nd and 1st the seasons Blue Blitz was 1st and 2nd.

Maybe it's the catchier name? I don't know :emoticon-0136-giggle:

If ye check your book Peter, Shillinglaw and Wylie was still the name of the partnership when it was won the second time in 1982

Off topic a bit-I've always found it interesting that far more people seem to remember Blue Blitz over Sky Queen which was 2nd and 1st the seasons Blue Blitz was 1st and 2nd.

If ye check your book Peter, Shillinglaw and Wylie was still the name of the partnership when it was won the second time in 1982

sky queen was 1st open and he was 2nd open the next year with a other pigeon i think it was 2208 but cant remember its number for sure

billy gardiner lockerbie in the year he won rennes he also won the y/b/n also was 2nd open nantes only 4 national races that year 2x1st and a 2nd open and 17th open beauvais

sky queen was 1st open and he was 2nd open the next year with a other pigeon i think it was 2208 but cant remember its number for sure

I stand corrected and I'll have to have a word wi the auld bugger that's been telling me a lot ae nonsense :emoticon-0136-giggle: He thought Sky Queen was 2nd in 64 and 1st in 65

Fechan Lass was 1st and 3rd around the same time as well I've been lead to believe. Does this sound aboot right?

Yes Lewis the name was kept but I think Mr Wyllie had died the previous year late 1981 and the SHU rules at the time decreed deceased partners were not allowed to be registered for membership and the SNFC flies under those rules which was the get out of jail clause.

I stand corrected and I'll have to have a word wi the auld bugger that's been telling me a lot ae nonsense :emoticon-0136-giggle: He thought Sky Queen was 2nd in 64 and 1st in 65

Fechan Lass was 1st and 3rd around the same time as well I've been lead to believe. Does this sound aboot right?

yes l horsburgh of ecclefechan was 1st and 3rd with fechan lass

Yes Lewis the name was kept but I think Mr Wyllie had died the previous year late 1981 and the SHU rules at the time decreed deceased partners were not allowed to be registered for membership and the SNFC flies under those rules which was the get out of jail clause.

I've an old magazine with a write up on the partnership somewhere, I'll need to look it out. Cannae mind for sure but think the 82 winner was a red cock named 'Liddle Supreme'

yes l horsburgh of ecclefechan was 1st and 3rd with fechan lass

Some pigeon

I've an old friend who handled the hen and alongside 'Moonlight Mannequin' he told me she was the most outstanding doo he'd ever seen. Class in a glass

If ye check your book Peter, Shillinglaw and Wylie was still the name of the partnership when it was won the second time in 1

??????, get yer facts right lads :egyptian:

If ye check your book Peter, Shillinglaw and Wylie was still the name of the partnership when it was won the second time in 1

Aye it would seem far more people remember Blue Blitz because it actually was 1st and 2nd :emoticon-0140-rofl:

Noticed the flying icon ! Are you on the bevvy Derek ?.

I've an old magazine with a write up on the partnership somewhere, I'll need to look it out. Cannae mind for sure but think the 82 winner was a red cock named 'Liddle Supreme'

Some pigeon

I've an old friend who handled the hen and alongside 'Moonlight Mannequin' he told me she was the most outstanding doo he'd ever seen. Class in a glass

sky queen was 25th open rennes the year before she won rennes

Jack Wylie was still alive and clocked his 2nd gold cup winner it was the lady mrs shillinglaw that had passed away

Jack also timed dickie harkness gold cup winner as Dickie was poorly and housebound

Jack let me handle the mealy cock which was one of the finest birds I have handled to this day

Jack also timed one of Dickie 's as his own arrived but still went ahead with the timing with no regard for himself being second one of the all time greats a True Gentleman

Jack Wylie was still alive and clocked his 2nd gold cup winner it was the lady mrs shillinglaw that had passed away

Jack also timed dickie harkness gold cup winner as Dickie was poorly and housebound

Jack let me handle the mealy cock which was one of the finest birds I have handled to this day

Jack also timed one of Dickie 's as his own arrived but still went ahead with the timing with no regard for himself being second one of the all time greats a True Gentleman

Absolutely top man. Got me in a head lock and rubbed the hair aff my heed EVERY time we met ( I was just a boy LOL) Think it was the late 90s before Jack passed away Mick? top gentleman and doo man

I stand corrected as I could only remember one of the partnership had passed away and I should have recalled that it was a lady fancier.