The 6 Feds Idea On Snfc/snrpc Thread

Guest the driver

Guest the driver

After seeing the east coast domination of both yb nationals is it not about time the 4 feds in the west coast got together to organise a yb race from Stafford for example at least the birds are coming ti the same area and would give members something to aim at

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After seeing the east coast domination of both yb nationals is it not about time the 4 feds in the west coast got together to organise a yb race from Stafford for example at least the birds are coming ti the same area and would give members something to aim at

U mean 5 Feds , Ayrshire,Glasgow,midland, big Lanark, and south Lanark . Yes would be something to look at .

U mean 5 Feds , Ayrshire,Glasgow,midland, big Lanark, and south Lanark . Yes would be something to look at .

This has also been talked about in Ayrshire as well, it was mentioned that Solway could also be includes so that could give you 6 feds, this may well get better supported from Ayrshire than the youngbirds national

Food for thought, The 6 Feds organise a young bird race from Cheltenham the same day as the SNFC hiring Lanarkshire Transporter in fact why not organise a yearling derby from Cheltenham, Then old birds into Sartilly, Rennes, Nantes and Avranches.

Our birds would cross the channel at the Cherburg peninsular hitting the Isle of White and up the west side of the Pennines through Beatock following the M74 due to no East coast birds to take them through the tweed valleys.

We in the West would have truer racing regardless of the wind.

Sorry I am off topic perhaps an administrator could rectify.

Food for thought, The 6 Feds organise a young bird race from Cheltenham the same day as the SNFC hiring Lanarkshire Transporter in fact why not organise a yearling derby from Cheltenham, Then old birds into Sartilly, Rennes, Nantes and Avranches.

Our birds would cross the channel at the Cherburg peninsular hitting the Isle of White and up the west side of the Pennines through Beatock following the M74 due to no East coast birds to take them through the tweed valleys.

we would probably get loads moe birds for the YB race etc because people know they have a chance of winning! id like it to happen.

Wonderful education for our yb's and yearlings our forward thinking president has said this several times we need to go as one more often just needs those in charge of things to get their heads together .

Exellent,The racepoints alone puts the fire back in your belly that is

slowly going out,now were talking sense,lets go for it.

Wonderful education for our yb's and yearlings our forward thinking president has said this several times we need to go as one more often just needs those in charge of things to get their heads together .

think this is a big part of the problem mick to many old foggies still holding grugges whats done is done let the members vote to move on for the good of our sport

Superb post

This thought has been mentioned in the Solway with a positive feel, I'll certainly support it.

Spoke with John Quinn last night and he is trying to get a wee informal meeting up and running with all heads/ presidents. Of each fed ,if n,west fed are interested contact John ,he's on here . The more the merrier .

Yes i have spoken with officials from Ayrshire, Glasgow & Midland so far and hope to be in touch with the Solway and South Lanarkshire before the weekend is out. So far the feedback has been very positive except for the Midland Fed president. However he did suggest opening it up to any of their members who would like to participate, though would not attend any meeting about it. Of course the members could TELL him to come to the meeting, should we get it off the ground, as it's their Fed so with some calm heads and good communication we might get them on board as a Fed and not just individual members.

I would like to point out at this juncture that the members of Lanarkshire have not had our AGM and i DO NOT PRESUME They will go for it, but we (the committee) will put it to them and see how they feel about it.

If they say no then that would put paid to the idea but i am Hopeful, and no more than that, that the members will see the benefits of the larger convoys from the longer Federation races and go for it. We can but try.

Yes i have spoken with officials from Ayrshire, Glasgow & Midland so far and hope to be in touch with the Solway and South Lanarkshire before the weekend is out. So far the feedback has been very positive except for the Midland Fed president. However he did suggest opening it up to any of their members who would like to participate, though would not attend any meeting about it. Of course the members could TELL him to come to the meeting, should we get it off the ground, as it's their Fed so with some calm heads and good communication we might get them on board as a Fed and not just individual members.

I would like to point out at this juncture that the members of Lanarkshire have not had our AGM and i DO NOT PRESUME They will go for it, but we (the committee) will put it to them and see how they feel about it.

If they say no then that would put paid to the idea but i am Hopeful, and no more than that, that the members will see the benefits of the larger convoys from the longer Federation races and go for it. We can but try.

Top marks John,Forward thinking for the future of OUR Sport :emoticon-0137-clapping:

:emoticon-0137-clapping: :emoticon-0137-clapping: :emoticon-0137-clapping: :emoticon-0137-clapping: :emoticon-0137-clapping: :emoticon-0137-clapping: :emoticon-0137-clapping:

Top marks John,Forward thinking for the future of OUR Sport :emoticon-0137-clapping:

Have now spoken with Walter who is interested in the idea and will in turn put it to the members at their meeting.

Remember it's the Members of the Federations who will decide this, one way or the other, so go along to your AGM's and get your proposals and tuppence worth in. emoticon-0157-sun.gif I am just getting a feel for the idea from the other officials at the moment and i must say overall it looks very encouraging so far. atb John.

Well done John and all the other head of Feds. This has been spoken about before, so it is good to see some progress. I understand that this progress may only result in proposals being put to the Feds, but if it reaches that stage then it has gone further than all the previous "gum banging". I would also hope that the Federation Members would accept the proposal and make this happen.