The 6 Feds Idea On Snfc/snrpc Thread

Guest the driver

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so f eck the Solway ?

must say thats the lamest exscuse ive seen yet john , straight up the 74 fae the solway bang on the line of flight for a good doo in the national

just canny be gid enough :animatedpigeons: :animatedpigeons:

The guys flew in slamannan club and after it folded joined avonbridge but are still entitled to fly in west section

Hugh Menzies, Slamannan was 3rd? west section YBN. He flies in Avonbridge club and NW Fed.

Another point to note is that the furthest east loft in the Northwest federation is further west than the furthest east in both the South and West Regions.

Didn't realise the whole o the north west fed was flying further west than west section member lewis

yes don't want them breaking up the convoy 50mls early

I would hazard a guess that the convoy would not be intact by the time they hit the solway and as we all know only the winners are at the front after a few hundred miles or as Andy quite rightly states the 2%

I for one would just love to have my birds tested against a large convoy with no interest whatsoever racing for anyone's money would be more than happy just being part of it ,Time we all took a good hard look at where the doo game is heading without petty bickering amongst ourselves ,No offence intended towards anyone .jmho

I would hazard a guess that the convoy would not be intact by the time they hit the solway and as we all know only the winners are at the front after a few hundred miles or as Andy quite rightly states the 2%

I for one would just love to have my birds tested against a large convoy with no interest whatsoever racing for anyone's money would be more than happy just being part of it ,Time we all took a good hard look at where the doo game is heading without petty bickering amongst ourselves ,No offence intended towards anyone .jmho

Excellent post Mike.

correct andy

I wonder how the Lanarkshire boys would feel if all the other feds got together and left them out the proposed amal

is it because they think Solway would scoop up the major prizes by being first drop

well guess what, if they don't include Solway they are 1st drop

mmmm the mind boggles

maybe so but the difference is theres not 5o or 60 miles between us and the rest of the feds most are within a 20 mile radius which is a big difference in a long or hard race

maybe so but the difference is theres not 5o or 60 miles between us and the rest of the feds most are within a 20 mile radius which is a big difference in a long or hard race

Walter, too many people thinking Amalgamation / Combine instead of thinking joint convoying for the sake of the pigeons and the future.

Davy i dont think it would bother a lot off them they have good birdage

and are having good racing at the moment and a lot of them like to go on there own with no other feds influencing the race . Im not even sure they would vote for it anyway at the AGM as John Quin has already stated . :emoticon-0167-beer:They can get 1000s of birds at there open (duplication races ) anyway so prob still dont need any others .

correct rab

Davy i dont think it would bother a lot off them they have good birdage

and are having good racing at the moment and a lot of them like to go on there own with no other feds influencing the race . Im not even sure they would vote for it anyway at the AGM as John Quin has already stated . :emoticon-0167-beer:They can get 1000s of birds at there open (duplication races ) anyway so prob still dont need any others .

Shouldn't stop the talking and good of John to co-ordinate it. Even if Lanarkshire didn't go for it, the others possibly would, so it could still be a goer. Joint convoying would save a fair amount of costs for a fair amount of fanciers.

Walter, too many people thinking Amalgamation / Combine instead of thinking joint convoying for the sake of the pigeons and the future.

my interest is my pigeons coming up the road with birds that are racing into my area and not being draged away to the east coast by wind and east coast birds and giving them overfly so no chance to win i want a level playing field which is very hard in pigeon racing as allways someone has advantage of position so a west section race is fairer for us in the west and i dont care who convoys them it makes sence for these west sect birds to be libbed together imo

Spot on, it should be joint convoying only, from approx 250 mls to the coast for OB,s and then for possibly a couple of YB races at around 180 and 230 mls, any competitive flying for pools or prizes can remain within the confines of each individual Federation, that way it cuts out all the crap about about positional advantage, drag etc, if guys then want sectional or open competition they can get this within their own organisation or with the SNFC / SNRPC where I would also drop the inland OB nationals and go back to the old format of 4 channel races only and let the Feds as part of a convoying ONLY Amal cater for inland racing to the coast. JMO

Me personally I would welcome both solway and the nor west fed to come along the more the merrier ., think about it

Possibly 5/6000 birds at the coast all flying into the west all in a straight line not dog legging ?

that is why i wanted someone to put up a map to point out where other feds are stuart if there on line id let them in and i take the point that solway would fly 50 60 miles short but there also on the line of flight which is not affecting drag imo

Our club Agm is next week al out it to the members see if they want to put a motion to the fed for joint convoying over 250 miles for Chapelhall club and am I rite in saying that all Feds would have there own race and when the fed results come out the best velocity is the winner it could work the top twenty because it would then be easier to start up with also the race controller team would be one member for each fed

Some of the guys that flew when that was the route remarked recently that Tinto was the break point. 'Someone' who lived at Symington had noted that the Lanarkshire birds would fly on west side of Tinto, while the NW birds broke away and flew on east side of it.

I'm not so sure about that as I was in Larkhall for a time in the 70's and remember my youngsters being lifted from the garden by race birds going over - one of them was reported in Grangemouth.

Fk this getting rid of nationals, some folk , that's all they've got

Fully understand your point of view on this and simpathise with your own situation Del but especially regards the first Nat I would like to see this dropped, or moved to a later date as I think it is having a negative effect on the gold cup race