Snfc Ypres

jonl6280

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good stuff Stu, plenty of crack fanciers struggling.

My old silver hen was a tad lucky today ,she landed at 10.40 ,never moved on top of the loft , I looked up and a hen Percy was about50 ft above her looking down at her , she never moved for 15 mins when Percy went away she was in like a bullet . Apart from that all are home safe and sound , now for clermont .

2/3 and you say their not good enough :emoticon-0138-thinking: :emoticon-0138-thinking:

I did not say they were not good enough

What I said was on the night "just not good enough" meaning me flying pigeons on a whole.....plus two pigeons returning the next morning in my book is not good enough for the simple reason I wont make the result.....so if in your book you think thats good enough good luck to you

Ps how is your returns?

Guest Gareth Rankin

Last one back today with a hole in it's side with tail feathers missing.

Begs the question of how many BOP's are actually out there. Had a look this evening and 50% of the racing pigeons left in the loft have had a hawk attack at some point in the season. These are the ones that have escaped, so I wonder how many of the ones that are not home didn't escape the hawk.

The future looks bleak.

Got my second yearling hen about 10pm. Ma brother timed it in but canny tell me when or what it was!!

That's 2 fae 3, with a 2yr old Ck still out.

Aye Gareth hawks are busy right enough, the 2yr old Ck missing on the shift was waiting on me yesterday morning, secondary feathers missing. Plenty life in him too just left wondering when he got hit and did it deny him a ticket??? emoticon-0179-headbang.gif

The wee second day doos are very reluctant to work the hills as they are such easy prey at this time of year with the juveniles being trained hence as many injuries we just never know how close a good doo could have been on the shift

Last one back today with a hole in it's side with tail feathers missing.

Begs the question of how many BOP's are actually out there. Had a look this evening and 50% of the racing pigeons left in the loft have had a hawk attack at some point in the season. These are the ones that have escaped, so I wonder how many of the ones that are not home didn't escape the hawk.

The future looks bleak.

Hard days Gareth! Well done on getting them however - a bit of experience!

The wee second day doos are very reluctant to work the hills as they are such easy prey at this time of year with the juveniles being trained hence as many injuries we just never know how close a good doo could have been on the shift

Aye Michael and still the y,b racing to come , think we all need to think about how to combat this , stop y,b racing for a few years maybe ?