Snfc Ypres

jonl6280

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hard days Gareth! Well done on getting them however - a bit of experience!

I have lost count of the birds this year returning with wing and tail flights missing, not to mention the ones that get injured also, and most fanciers have the same story to tell, it is getting tougher out there for the birds and it's no pleasure cruise for us either, I don't know the answer, but for years we have been going on about Raptor attacks, but now I think it is genuinely having a major affect on the racing and the returns.

Unfortunately the count down is on for our sport I think. :emoticon-0138-thinking:

I have lost count of the birds this year returning with wing and tail flights missing, not to mention the ones that get injured also, and most fanciers have the same story to tell, it is getting tougher out there for the birds and it's no pleasure cruise for us either, I don't know the answer, but for years we have been going on about Raptor attacks, but now I think it is genuinely having a major affect on the racing and the returns.

Unfortunately the count down is on for our sport I think. :emoticon-0138-thinking:

yes its nearing the end its been going on for a long time now as a few times ive just wanted rid of the birds as when your getting 5 birds home hawked at every race you soon get sick of it , it started of not to bad at first this year but every winner ive had this year has in the end been caught with percy albeit all have hommed weeks latter some well chewed up . They are the lucky ones theres tons of top doos not being so lucky , 5 and 6 years some were saying i couldnt have that amount of doos hit all the time , well now they all fkn no now whats happening as there wont be many who aint had there good uns back ripped up . Every batch of doos released is like the percies going to the super market for the dinner easy picking and they know where to find it , we are actually just feeding the fkn bassas now .Its not a case of will i get hit its a case of how many will i loose . :emoticon-0179-headbang: :emoticon-0179-headbang:

yes its nearing the end its been going on for a long time now as a few times ive just wanted rid of the birds as when your getting 5 birds home hawked at every race you soon get sick of it , it started of not to bad at first this year but every winner ive had this year has in the end been caught with percy albeit all have hommed weeks latter some well chewed up . They are the lucky ones theres tons of top doos not being so lucky , 5 and 6 years some were saying i couldnt have that amount of doos hit all the time , well now they all fkn no now whats happening as there wont be many who aint had there good uns back ripped up . Every batch of doos released is like the percies going to the super market for the dinner easy picking and they know where to find it , we are actually just feeding the fkn bassas now .Its not a case of will i get hit its a case of how many will i loose . :emoticon-0179-headbang: :emoticon-0179-headbang:

Agree with you rab 100% , but he youngsters at about to start , why do we race our youngsters when Percy has its young out hunting ,or is it the other way round ,they have the young out hunting when food is plenty full , Fkn crazy , I know fanciers wont do it but , we could start by not racing youngsters for a few years ,the fkrs would starve . Yes we will never stop racing old birds until its untainable .but why not try something to save our great sport ,the other is breaking the law

• 1 month later...