Snfc Liberation Site

OF ONE SKIN

thought this post was about the lib site at basinstoke which is more important than talking about transporters .no good taking the best transporters if the lib site is not suitable . so if you look at the pictures on google earth street view you will see that there trees .buildings fences that are all potencial hazards remember it will be atleast 2 transporter trying to liberate at that site

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thought this post was about the lib site at basinstoke which is more important than talking about transporters .no good taking the best transporters if the lib [/b]site is not suitable . so if you look at the pictures on google earth street view you will see that there trees .buildings fences that are all potencial hazards remember it will be atleast 2 transporter trying to liberate at that site

What a crazy statement.The transportation is the most important thing in national racing.Im sure the convoyers wouldnt liberate in any area not suitable.

What a crazy statement.The transportation is the most important thing in national racing.Im sure the convoyers wouldnt liberate in any area not suitable.

Derek,

Had a very good observation of the Basingstoke site and was very surprised that it is an official RPRA liberation site No 4198 as I would not liberate any more than 500 birds there at any one time plus their is a car wash facility in the midst of it as it is also a car park with nothing to stop anyone parking up beside the transporter. In other words it is totally unacceptable.

Derek,

Had a very good observation of the Basingstoke site and was very surprised that it is an official RPRA liberation site No 4198 as I would not liberate any more than 500 birds there at any one time plus their is a car wash facility in the midst of it as it is also a car park with nothing to stop anyone parking up beside the transporter. In other words it is totally unacceptable.

its a rpra liberation site. and im sure the snfc will make sure its ok for the pigeons.

and i agree with wee ecky post 100%

thankyou peter for taking a look as you say not suitable to liberate possibly 4000 birds just because it is an rpra site does.nt mean that they are all suitable for large liberations

.Im sure the convoyers wouldnt liberate in any area not suitable.

The SNFC Convoyer is aware of the position at Basingstoke. It is unsuitable for artics, and only one vehicle liberates at a time. It is an RPRA lib site - the code is 4198. Lies 13 miles SE of Newbury, approx 270m to the Solway.

Guest Gareth Rankin

Looks like the committee have decided to try and stay on the same of flight that was passed at the AGM. There are very few lib sites within close proximity of Newbury so its easy to understand why they have decided on Basingstoke.

The site itself is not the best for 5000 pigeons, which could be convoyed with a total length of vehicles totaling nearly 30 meters.

There are 2 different parts to the car park, one at 80 meters x 20 meters and the other one at 60 meters x 45 meters. Time will tell but lets hope we get of to a Successful first race which is all important for the channel races later on in the season.

Its good to move away from Newbury as it sits in a hole, there have a few years where it has been shut out and yet 10 miles away and its ok.

post-665-13633383517334_thumb.png

post-665-13633389377372_thumb.png

gareth the site is not suitable as IB says only one transporter can liberate at a time so how are they going to liberate 2 transporters just not suitable have a good look a ground view and you will see better that it is not suitable I dont think any organisations use it that I know off

See that there is a RITA ORA concert on the 8/6/13 at Newbury race course :emoticon-0127-lipssealed: :emoticon-0127-lipssealed:Can any national committee member let the members if this is the reason we moved?

Derek, as a National Committee member I,ll tell you why we moved, Because Newbury Racecourse told us we could not have the facilities for a race that day, nothing to do with any hidden agenda,s or anything else. If you think you could maybe do a better job fone Andy and we,ll get you on the Committee again as we need someone from the Lanarkshire area too run the marking station.

Derek, as a National Committee member I,ll tell you why we moved, Because Newbury Racecourse told us we could not have the facilities for a race that day, nothing to do with any hidden agenda,s or anything else. If you think you could maybe do a better job fone Andy and we,ll get you on the Committee again as we need someone from the Lanarkshire area too run the marking station.

BUMP

Bobby, that didnt fully answer my question.Why can Newbury not accomodate the SNFC ?I just want transparency but everything is cloak and dagger stuff.We are all members of the SNFC and deserve to know exactly whats going on, as some folk outside the committee seem to.Also, where do you read me saying I could do a better job, I know whats involved in running a marking station and I appreciate its a thankless job.Im entitled to my opinion Bobby, the same as you or anyone else.

Bobby, that didnt fully answer my question.Why can Newbury not accomodate the SNFC ?I just want transparency but everything is cloak and dagger stuff.We are all members of the SNFC and deserve to know exactly whats going on, as some folk outside the committee seem to.Also, where do you read me saying I could do a better job, I know whats involved in running a marking station and I appreciate its a thankless job.Im entitled to my opinion Bobby, the same as you or anyone else.

We were told there was a race meeting that day and you cannot have the Lib site on a race day, take it the concert is at night after the racing so that doesnt really affect us.