Stray Centre Youngsters

sapper756

Now that we are well into the young bird racing, and reading the many posts about the massive young bird losses, how many youngsters have members had returned via the stray centre?

What are the views on youngsters returning this way? are they any use for future racing?

Thanks folkshttp://forum.pigeonbasics.org/public/style_emoticons/default/animatedpigeons.gif

Ive heard that the strays centre isnt the cleanest place and the birds are in baskets for a long time i know i wont send anyones pigeons via the strays centre i will report every one and unless the fancier says put it to the strays centre or release it then i will im willing to help anyone as ive had many losses myself and none of my birds have been reported or even returned back yet :animatedpigeons:

i got 1 back in the stray basket 2 weeks ago, gave it 2 training tosses and it was 1st club 2nd fed last saturday. i had a pied cock in 2002 it came back 3 times in the stray basket. i stopped it till the last race the fife fed open put it in and it was 2nd club 6th fed. guess what it wasnt pooled, he went on to get 4 national deplomas over the channel 520 plus miles, i think they are exceptions. give them a chance you never know

Prefer it when they work back, even if they've had a helping hand getting here.

I lost a YB training before racing began; got it back in the stray basket the Sunday after our first race. Nothing wrong with it, so gave it a few days to settle back in, took it 25 miles with my other birds, and not seen it since. :angry:

Prefer it when they work back, even if they've had a helping hand getting here.

I lost a YB training before racing began; got it back in the stray basket the Sunday after our first race. Nothing wrong with it, so gave it a few days to settle back in, took it 25 miles with my other birds, and not seen it since. :angry:

they are a waste of space < bin for me >

Ive heard that the strays centre isnt the cleanest place and the birds are in baskets for a long time i know i wont send anyones pigeons via the strays centre i will report every one and unless the fancier says put it to the strays centre or release it then i will im willing to help anyone as ive had many losses myself and none of my birds have been reported or even returned back yet :animatedpigeons:

Hi I run the SHU stray centre I can asure you the birds are looked after. they are fed and watered twice a day and they are cleaned out frequently. You are more than welcome to visit the stray centre any time you like and inspect it.

Hi I run the SHU stray centre I can asure you the birds are looked after. they are fed and watered twice a day and they are cleaned out frequently. You are more than welcome to visit the stray centre any time you like and inspect it.

well done m8. and welcome to the site, and you can use it to keep us up to date if you want or any information on strays,

the sport needs people like you Davie, you do a great job m8http://forum.pigeonbasics.org/public/style_emoticons/default/animatedpigeons.gif

after the 'bleaching' our fed had last week which now seems certain was a result of clashing, i would welcome any my youngsters back, imo they all deserve a second chance coz last week they didnt stand a chance!!! :mad::mad::mad:

true, most of them wont make they grade... but how many well schooled pigeons that dont make mistakes make the grade anyway... 2%??? :emoticon-0138-thinking::emoticon-0138-thinking:

i can assure you the stray center birds are well looked after i went in on friday night on the off chance when passing i had three strays all the baskets were clean and birds well fed and watered some go in ,in a state and davie gives they ones special attention to try and build them back up :emoticon-0137-clapping: :emoticon-0137-clapping:

i can assure you the stray center birds are well looked after i went in on friday night on the off chance when passing i had three strays all the baskets were clean and birds well fed and watered some go in ,in a state and davie gives they ones special attention to try and build them back up :emoticon-0137-clapping: :emoticon-0137-clapping:

Well done CHARLIE, I KNOW THE RUNNING ABOUT YE DONE M8 TO HELP FOLK, WELL DONE