Who'S Training Today?

sapper756

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we trained today , as we arrived at release point another was leaving with baskets in the car ,shredded paper all along the lay-bye ,turned back into the village to see a transit with several baskets in it .we were 4 short at home ,and 4 strays on the roof ,all 4 of ours worked home later on . :emoticon-0137-clapping:

been to leicester today let go at 12 30 taken 72 an got 15 bk that was going bk to barnsley the first 1 come bk at 3.50

hope they turn up for you m8. :partick-thistle-Crest: barnsley to leicester must be 70 miles,a fair old training toss for 70 birds early in their racing life :) :) :o

Mine had Newhouse 12 miles, beat me home.Took them to Philpston 25 miles today.All home and brought about 100 with them, lol.Incidently, this was 1st toss for a few ybs today .I always like to give them something to think about when training, so jump them into longer tosses.They do it no probs .

Mine had Newhouse 12 miles, beat me home.Took them to Philpston 25 miles today.All home and brought about 100 with them, lol.Incidently, this was 1st toss for a few ybs today .I always like to give them something to think about when training, so jump them into longer tosses.They do it no probs .

Mines done the same today brought a batch with them home. Time for me to move up the miles I think

No training for me today, had them out early morning and got a good hour and half, with a little help from Mrs sparrow hawkhttp://forum.pigeonbasics.org/public/style_emoticons/default/emoticon-0138-thinking.gif will get them out again at tea timehttp://forum.pigeonbasics.org/public/style_emoticons/default/animatedpigeons.gif

All home again still at 16mls not worried as delboy says they will jump easily

Alf I'm considering staying at 15 mls were I'm training from they are coming well it must be doing there confidence the world of good, they have had a few shake ups on the way but started with 40 I still have 37 for racing and one that's injured

Just back up fae the loft the noo and 1 of my wanderers was sitting on the front of my yb loft a bit thin but none the worse for her few days away so am back up tae 53 :emoticon-0167-beer:

Alf I'm considering staying at 15 mls were I'm training from they are coming well it must be doing there confidence the world of good, they have had a few shake ups on the way but started with 40 I still have 37 for racing and one that's injured

Geo to be honest i dont toss them much further than 25mls usually before the 1st race unless it is in a training van with a bit of cover :animatedpigeons:

Heading of to 20 mls again shortly had them at same spot yesterday all home although one hen had an injured leg half a wing and tail from a peregrine strike and a hole underneath from a tallon wound yet she still arrived with the first batch hardy wee buggers .

Heading of to 20 mls again shortly had them at same spot yesterday all home although one hen had an injured leg half a wing and tail from a peregrine strike and a hole underneath from a tallon wound yet she still arrived with the first batch hardy wee buggers .

good mike. :partick-thistle-Crest:

Had them at Elsrickle this morning 22 mls all home when i got back to the loft...funny thing happened today never seen it before but i lib'd alongside the Hamilton trailer and they split into 2 batches and both batches actually flew into eachother and a bird dropped out the sky like a stone about 200yds away from me i actually thought it was percy at 1st but never seen a thing apart from the doo falling out the sky