Worst Weather Ever

sapper756

As the old bird season comes close to an end, it would be interesting to hear fanciers views on the weather that the birds had to deal with this season, was this the worst weather fanciers have ever experienced?

If this terrible weather does not begin to improve soon, what effect will this have on our young bird season?

http://img.whynotgif.com/weather/weather-43.gifhttp://img.whynotgif.com/weather/weather-43.gif

Newbury/Cheltenham was a strange weekend!!!

I got sunburn waiting for them but the wind was outragous and turned into a stinker for most!!!

Very strange!!!

Especially when the Gold cup was pishing doon and blowin a gale and the race was quite good???

Newbury/Cheltenham was a strange weekend!!!

Was that a East wind Steve ??

The bad yins always are Lindsay!!!

It was warm tho and I remember agreeing with Blackdog that we would get a better race cos the temp was higher!!!!

Warm East winds for some reason are not the same as they were years ago,you could guarantee 60mph in this area,now you get dehydration which leads to disorientation and heavy losses,plus again in this area the final 30 mile or so is a head wind and the birds are tree top high another recipe for disaster,ie.wires etc.

Our Fed cancelled last week and decided to knock a Stafford race off,this would not have been my choice,I would have knocked Marlborough on the head.

We race our first this weekend or should I say some will weather permitting,ringing Saturday morning.

with the weather the way it is its a nightmare for any race controller but his job isna helped by the rigidity of our race programs.we could be more flexible in our approach when we know its gonna be pissin doon at the weekend and wed thurs really good why not fly then.i know this approach brings its own problems but i would advocate it for the ybs to give them the best possible start

with the weather the way it is its a nightmare for any race controller but his job isna helped by the rigidity of our race programs.we could be more flexible in our approach when we know its gonna be pissin doon at the weekend and wed thurs really good why not fly then.i know this approach brings its own problems but i would advocate it for the ybs to give them the best possible start

Good progressive thinking

I agree with the post about the rigidity of the race programmes, they are not cast in stone and should be altered as conditions determine.The Solway Fed. has accepted this by delaying the start of the young bird programme by one week so as to allow fanciers more time to train younsters as training so far has been difficult if not impossible in this atrocious weather.

not shown mine basket and wont until weather improves , once you start them got to keep them going but weather way it is can't get them started :(