My Dad'S New Loft

chrisbonnie

first off a big thank you to the Andy and his assistant from Park Hall Timber products in the UK.

they came over to Dublin last thursday to fit the new loft, as we all know, the weather is shocking at the minute, yet the snow and ice didnt deter the 2 lads, and they arrived on schedule, just like they promised. (thanks be to god as the pigeons where in my shed)

to say Brendan (dad), is happy with the loft would be an understatement, he's overjoyed!!!

its approximately 16ft by 8, plus a further 12ft or so with the l-shape, and 5 sections all together, 4 of them are for the birds, while 1 is a corn store of sorts

so a massive improvement from the 10x8 shed that was being used last season,

here's the pics of our feathered friends new house

cracking loft only thing i would do is paint the the silver T hinges black just to blend in with the framework all the best for 2011 ;)

a few go faster stripes down the side aswell, just to make the birds go that bit quicker to :emoticon-0136-giggle:

ah it was badly needed, there was 12 stock and 20 odd racers the 10x8 shed/loft, it was over crowded and unfair on the birds

at least now with the extra sections he can manage them better,

whether they fly any better to it is another thing though :emoticon-0138-thinking:

I am not a fan of bought in lofts because they do not seem to know how to get the ventilation right. Most of them are built for people not pigeons. I like this one though, it should serve you well. As a personal preference I would not like the pigeons on the roof and I would want to put a stop to that once they are used to the loft.

I am not a fan of bought in lofts because they do not seem to know how to get the ventilation right. Most of them are built for people not pigeons. I like this one though, it should serve you well. As a personal preference I would not like the pigeons on the roof and I would want to put a stop to that once they are used to the loft.

they usually never sit on the loft, but that picture is of them leaving the loft for their first time

its hilarious with pigeons, they're locked up for the close to two weeks, yet we had to hoosh them out of the new loft earlier,

regarding ventilation, not sure if you can see it from the pictures, but under the roof is fully ventilated, and the same at the sides and back.

the best way i describe the ventilation is that you now cant smell the pigeons, does that make sense??

great looking loft try to ignore the ventilation police they had a go at me when i put my new loft pictures up .why not just say great loft good luck why even talk about the colour of the hinges sad .best of luck for 2011 tommyc

they usually never sit on the loft, but that picture is of them leaving the loft for their first time

its hilarious with pigeons, they're locked up for the close to two weeks, yet we had to hoosh them out of the new loft earlier,

regarding ventilation, not sure if you can see it from the pictures, but under the roof is fully ventilated, and the same at the sides and back.

the best way i describe the ventilation is that you now cant smell the pigeons, does that make sense??

• 2 weeks later...