S.N.F.C Bourges 11Th July 2010Times And Returns

budgie

Guest bigda

Trust you to stick your oar in Danny with something negative, if only you would open your eyes,why not try congratulating the guys who have timed in, I'm sure you would feel better having done it.

yes Dave i can see yer point was not demeaning the birds that have made it, the weather was not in there favor, but racing now days, is not the same

there is not many doos turn up the next day, now

to justify racing we need to eliminate first the problem, i have 8 in the nest to aid our struggle

what is the percentage if you send 8 doos in to a 5,000 bird convoy and 3 of yer birds have feathers missing is that luck or there is 3,000 eaten on the day birds you look at any voting poll and with the

first votes in they are able to say who will be in power later on that night well think bop first as we are feeding more nests now this year to wipe is all out

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes Dave i can see yer point was not demeaning the birds that have made it, the weather was not in there favor, but racing now days, is not the same

there is not many doos turn up the next day, now

to justify racing we need to eliminate first the problem, i have 8 in the nest to aid our struggle

what is the percentage if you send 8 doos in to a 5,000 bird convoy and 3 of yer birds have feathers missing is that luck or there is 3,000 eaten on the day birds you look at any voting poll and with the

first votes in they are able to say who will be in power later on that night well think bop first as we are feeding more nests now this year to wipe is all out

Danny your percentages are worryingly correct m8 , and theres worse to come

Guest Gareth Rankin

Many good performances to write about from this race including the 2 doos in the west with the first one being Jim Meikle who whilst down at the clocks was over the moon at the thought of this section win from 670 miles, ever competitive and well deserved by Big Jim. Second doo was to Young Patrick MacDonald who wins section F with one doo away and for someone who has been in the sport for such a short space of time he is definitely making his mark on the sport with his competitive approach to the game, well done. B)

Congratulations to each and every one of the fanciers that recorded an arrival from this historic race B) B) B) B) B) .

Many good performances to write about from this race including the 2 doos in the west with the first one being Jim Meikle who whilst down at the clocks was over the moon at the thought of this section win from 670 miles, ever competitive and well deserved by Big Jim. Second doo was to Young Patrick MacDonald who wins section F with one doo away and for someone who has been in the sport for such a short space of time he is definitely making his mark on the sport with his competitive approach to the game, well done. B)

Congratulations to each and every one of the fanciers that recorded an arrival from this historic race B) B) B) B) B) .

thats brilliant for that guy patricki read an article on him on the rpra website when i was first starting up

Again very well done to all who timed a gem, especially my wee pal Scott Irving B)

Now the dust has settled and the back patting continues what's everyones thoughts on the race :mellow:

What went wrong, why did it go wrong, I am no way at all discrediting the gallant birds that made it home, far from it but in reality the race was a disasterous flop.

Again very well done to all who timed a gem, especially my wee pal Scott Irving B)

Now the dust has settled and the back patting continues what's everyones thoughts on the race :mellow:

What went wrong, why did it go wrong, I am no way at all discrediting the gallant birds that made it home, far from it but in reality the race was a disasterous flop.

I agree Chris, a disaster with no apparent reason. In the Scottish convoy there must have been some of the most experienced birds in Britain as most birds sent had flown the pond previously and had been round the block a few times. I personally had 5 away, 4 of these had been across water 9 times between them ( not a feather ) wheres the rope :(:D

Guest Gareth Rankin

Don't know Chris, when racing from this distance it is never going to be easy as years gone by have shown us but what we got this time was horendous, would love to say that the distance was too far and we should revert back to having a race under 600 miles but don't believe on this occassion it would have made a great deal if a difference, look at all the English orgs racing down the east coast from France this year and they have been expernxing the same thing as our race from Bourges turned out.

Possibly the Bop is getting as bad in France as it is here in the uk, clashing could be the other option but either way the sport is in serious trouble here in Scotland.

i remeber raeding an article (joe murphy i think) and he noted the number of birds which were on the result more than once from the longest race. they are a special breed and sadly many of them will not have made it from this latest disaster. this already must have an effect on next years entry from wherever it may be

In bygone years i used to ask ma Da, how come he won in the club/fed but couldn't get the same success with the SNFC, he said "different type of doos". He explained it something like this.

When all the birds are racing into the same area they have company almost all of the way home, but national doos had to break from the batch and head for home on their own for 50/100 mls, which is an unnatural act for it, safety in numbers, now i think that with the distances stretching "different doos" is whats needed. with very small numbers being sent so far off, its doos that can more or less single up from 500+ miles we now need for this race. jmo.

In bygone years i used to ask ma Da, how come he won in the club/fed but couldn't get the same success with the SNFC, he said "different type of doos". He explained it something like this.

When all the birds are racing into the same area they have company almost all of the way home, but national doos had to break from the batch and head for home on their own for 50/100 mls, which is an unnatural act for it, safety in numbers, now i think that with the distances stretching "different doos" is whats needed. with very small numbers being sent so far off, its doos that can more or less single up from 500+ miles we now need for this race. jmo.

i got it put to me the exact same way only yesterday

With both this race and SNRPC Tours I am certain that the pigeons entered would have been the correct type of pigeon for the course and also that they would have been well prepared so I doubt if quality of bird was a factor.

Thanks for your thoughts guys, we sent two never saw a feather, one was a 6 year old who has been over a few times and scored at Andrezel last year :angry::(

There is a whole loads of reasons worth putting in the pot. As mentioned the English organisations have been having it hard too this year.

The state of out sport in Scotland is grim with regards to channel racing, I am not one of the greatest supporters of 'eastern' racepoints from the continent. Why not try some races from the Rennes / Nantes line for a year.... it cannot be any worse than it already is :(

With both this race and SNRPC Tours I am certain that the pigeons entered would have been the correct type of pigeon for the course and also that they would have been well prepared so I doubt if quality of bird was a factor.

CAN YOU READ?? I never mentioned quality, i said DIFFERENT DOOS, don'y put words in ma mouth :angry: