S.N.F.C Bourges 11Th July 2010Times And Returns

budgie

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

at least they had the sense to lib as one liberation the winds should force them all to coast , weathers good at scarborough with strong winds wsw

Guest Gareth Rankin

With the wind turning west and gusty at times coming into the UK I cant see any doos making it home to Scotland tonight and probably the first doos timed tomorrow will be around 08.00 which will most likely be in the Solway followed very shortly by the lothians, jmo

Wish all members competing the very best.

The belgian birds liberated from Limoges at 6-30 are doing 1400 m/m dont know how to convert to ypm but there's been nothing to hold them back on the continent, I just hope they have been early enough to miss the birds going north into France,Belgium and Holland and give the doos a chance.

The Very Best of Luck Lads.

I think the birds into Scotland will have it very tough, straight west gusts here and right down to Midlands.Think we get a bit hyper when we here a touch of south in it, I agree with Gareth, tomorrow morning for the winner up here. Any doo in race time will earn its perch.

Those Limoges pigeons are doing 1520ypm roughly. Over 50mph anyway but the south west wind is more help to them than it would be to ours maybe trying to hold a straighter south to north route than east to west. Still, ours could do, say, 48mph to Calais if they run with the wind. If they then average 42mph from Calais up the east of england then they could in Yorkshire in under 12 hours. If that works out and they're in Yorkshire at 5.30 I'll be disappointed if there isn't a pigeon in Scotland tonight especially if this wind drops a bit.

If the wind was like it is here the whole way then i'd say it'd be unlikely but as far as i can tell we're having much the worst of the wind so not surprised to hear Kelso was a struggle. We never bothered tossing our Clermont birds today because it was too windy. The forecast is it for it to drop this evening so lets hope it does.

If I was living in Eye Valley I'd definitely be very hopeful but I don't think they have many birds away from down there. If they get to Eyemouth by 21.30 then they have another 60-70 minuts into the wind to get to Elphinstone so would be touch and go if they would scrape into us tonight, east side of Fife is not impossible tonight.

Guest pigeonguy147

Well Done, thats just over 150 miles from here, which means 22:15-22:30 to be on a par.

andy forever the optomist best of luck hope your projected time gets you atimer atb