• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As already quoted

Sartilly 1

Rennes

Nantes

Sartilly 2

Can anyone pleae tell me why this programme was changed to the now current regime

I think Chris,an inland national was put in place of Sartilly1 to encourage people to send more to the Gold Cup as Sartilly was taking birdage away from it.Newbury or equivalent, was meant to be a preparatory race for pigeons going to the Gold Cup but I feel we have lost the place a wee bit. Bring back the tradition of the SNFC LONG DISTANCE RACES asap.

I think Chris,an inland national was put in place of Sartilly1 to encourage people to send more to the Gold Cup as Sartilly was taking birdage away from it.Newbury or equivalent, was meant to be a preparatory race for pigeons going to the Gold Cup but I feel we have lost the place a wee bit. Bring back the tradition of the SNFC LONG DISTANCE RACES asap.

derick the inland races was never taken up at agm it was a race program for foot and mouth bird flue etc but its not a very good heading the perfect SNFC RACE PROGRAME what is a NATIONAL with out birds and sadley with all the medling its becoming a farce ( the faster you go with other organisations to all events the better to mend a very sick club thats heading to a sad end )PS GOLD CUP nearly 9'000 birds to a paultry 1'000 birds and what it will be for 2011 only god knows

The only way to change it is if you attend the meeting and vote in your preferred program. It is the members who decide, not the officials who are left to organise and facilitate the members wishes. Posting these types of threads only serves to discredit the club. jmo ;)

agree m8, officials only do what the members propose and pass at meetings,

Guest Gareth Rankin

Bump, any more ideas folks

The Gold cup race has to be shown priority for 2011 and if this means that Eastbourne and either Clermont or Ypres has to be sacrificed then so be it, the goal for all the SNFC members in the coming year should be to see the birdage moving back up to the 3000 mark but to do this we have to encourage every member in Scotland that they should be sending at least 1 entry, I mean come on how hard can it be for 3500 members in Scotland to enter a pigeon in the main event of the year THE GOLD CUP, I also believe that members in Scotland have not entered in the gold cup in the numbers they used to do as it has been treated as just another race 1 of 7, time for this to stop and give this race the platform that it deserves.

5th June Inland National

19th June 440 miles

9th July THE GOLD CUP RACE 480-520 miles (Feds can duplicate) though a little shorter than years gone by it will encourage feds to make this their premier race of the year.

2nd or 16th July a race from somewhere of the distance of 580 650 miles

I'm positive that with this program that we will see a dramatic increase the GOLD CUP RACE and for that matter all SNFC races.

Although i myself would prefer to see 4 channel races this will not help protect the Gold cup and embarrassment of an entry of 1100 pigeons, remember a fancier in the winter saying to myself that we have to revert back to the 60's were there were only 2 channel races Rennes and Nantes though it sounds a tad drastic after this years entries in the races i fear he might well be right??????? <_< .

sartilly

rennes

nantes

sartilly

great idea but do you guy realize your dues will rise sharply or most probably your birdage costs to pay for that race programme

with no inland national would you be prepared to pay 50 quid or £4-5 per bird??? or maybe both

say both inland nationals pull in say 10,000 profit that pays for the races over the water if you don't have these races

you cut prize money or raise the dues to offset the cost?

The Gold cup race has to be shown priority for 2011 and if this means that Eastbourne and either Clermont or Ypres has to be sacrificed then so be it, the goal for all the SNFC members in the coming year should be to see the birdage moving back up to the 3000 mark but to do this we have to encourage every member in Scotland that they should be sending at least 1 entry, I mean come on how hard can it be for 3500 members in Scotland to enter a pigeon in the main event of the year THE GOLD CUP, I also believe that members in Scotland have not entered in the gold cup in the numbers they used to do as it has been treated as just another race 1 of 7, time for this to stop and give this race the platform that it deserves.

5th June Inland National

19th June 440 miles

9th July THE GOLD CUP RACE 480-520 miles (Feds can duplicate) though a little shorter than years gone by it will encourage feds to make this their premier race of the year.

I'm positive that with this program that we will see a dramatic increase the GOLD CUP RACE and for that matter all SNFC races.

Although i myself would prefer to see 4 channel races this will not help protect the Gold cup and embarrassment of an entry of 1100 pigeons, remember a fancier in the winter saying to myself that we have to revert back to the 60's were there were only 2 channel races Rennes and Nantes though it sounds a tad drastic after this years entries in the races i fear he might well be right???????

sartilly

rennes

nantes

sartilly

great idea but do you guy realize your dues will rise sharply or most probably your birdage costs to pay for that race programme

with no inland national would you be prepared to pay 50 quid or £4-5 per bird??? or maybe both

say both inland nationals pull in say 10,000 profit that pays for the races over the water if you don't have these races

you cut prize money or raise the dues to offset the cost?

100% correct and how many members are going to resign because they only fly the inland races my guess would be about 20 to 30%

remember that the inland races are incorperated into quite a few fed programs

which also encourages membership to the snfc

5th June Inland National

19th June 440 miles

Although i myself would prefer to see 4 channel races this will not help protect the Gold cup and embarrassment of an entry of 1100 pigeons, remember a fancier in the winter saying to myself that we have to revert back to the 60's were there were only 2 channel races Rennes and Nantes though it sounds a tad drastic after this years entries in the races i fear he might well be right??????? <_< .

sounds good gareth, but a lot of guys nowadays are put of as a lot of birds are not capable of competing at 570 mls , and as someone said to me today why send to swell the numbers to make the result look better for the ones that can realistically send birds and exspect to get them . If the gold cup was say ypres i think the transporters would burst at the seams as a lot would find that distance maby a bit more realistic to them and could maby stretch there birds that far .

Not my choice, but i think going bye the numbers that go to the inland nationals most folk think they have a wee chance up to 400mls and will have a go , but stretch over 500 a lot wouldnt even attempt it

the numbers have dropped for various reasons.

1. The membership has dropped steadily

2. There are too many national races and the prestige of winning a national is no longer the same

3. there are more so called sprint/middle distance birds around and therefore the long distance element has gradually been bred out of the birds

4. it may be me but the weather seems much more unpredictable now

5. Raptors

Any more??

it seems strange when the number of fanciers is dropping that ever more races are added. it used to be that many feds had there own channel race separate from the national which gave you 5 channel races in the 70s and 80s.

the inland races are obviously money makers but if it was to increase entries in the gold cup by dropping one or both i would not mind paying an increased fee and i dont just mean a £2 increase. something like £40 is not unreasonable or even £50 and 2 free entries to the gold cup. if you get 2 free members may send another 2 as well

the numbers have dropped for various reasons.

1. The membership has dropped steadily

2. There are too many national races and the prestige of winning a national is no longer the same

3. there are more so called sprint/middle distance birds around and therefore the long distance element has gradually been bred out of the birds

4. it may be me but the weather seems much more unpredictable now

5. Raptors

Any more??

it seems strange when the number of fanciers is dropping that ever more races are added. it used to be that many feds had there own channel race separate from the national which gave you 5 channel races in the 70s and 80s.

the inland races are obviously money makers but if it was to increase entries in the gold cup by dropping one or both i would not mind paying an increased fee and i dont just mean a £2 increase. something like £40 is not unreasonable or even £50 and 2 free entries to the gold cup. if you get 2 free members may send another 2 as well

For me and this might look a little drastic. One Inland nat Eastbourne as its a good distance for an inland nat it also has great support from the members.Next the gold cup where feds can duplicate from Reims again the distance is ideal for long distance pigeons, and for those members that want a real long one whats wrong with Bourges.Ok this year was a very difficult one but it was the same for all organisations racing from france on that particular day.

I think you have got to pay attention to what the general membership wants, and as the 2 inland nationals are very well patronised, there is obviously a demand for them & they are here to stay. I also think we got the distances for the two main events, the Gold Cup and the longest race, right this year, which gave everyone in the club a race with a minimum distance of 500 and 600 miles respectively to fly. I wouldn't want any reduction in that mileage, because I believe the club was originally set up to fly birds into Scotland from these distances. But we must move with the times and we now have members who would like to fly 300/400 miles too; there's no reason we can't cater for both. What we need to look at as a club is how to get our birds to the races at a price we can afford. We need more joint convoying.

I think you have got to pay attention to what the general membership wants, and as the 2 inland nationals are very well patronised, there is obviously a demand for them & they are here to stay. I also think we got the distances for the two main events, the Gold Cup and the longest race, right this year, which gave everyone in the club a race with a minimum distance of 500 and 600 miles respectively to fly. I wouldn't want any reduction in that mileage, because I believe the club was originally set up to fly birds into Scotland from these distances. But we must move with the times and we now have members who would like to fly 300/400 miles too; there's no reason we can't cater for both. What we need to look at as a club is how to get our birds to the races at a price we can afford. We need more joint convoying.

you are missing the point here , as you say its a demand for inland nats and its the members that vote correct ,

by having the inland national the national has opened up to a load of members who are not interested in 500ml plus channell racing at all.

they like the middle distance racing and it shows by the entries ,

they are all members and entitled to vote but the thing is they are now out numbering the guys that want to go to the channel races .

these guys may go to the agm and vote for another inland national ??

and you may eventually find that there votes are a lot more than the distance minded fanciers in the near future , having the inland nats has brought in a lot off none distance minded fanciers which the tradition of the snfc was not about, it was to promote cross channel racing .

the way its going as most feds dont have there own coast race

the first uns will be leicester and the gold cup will be bovingdon .

Tail could be waggin the dug shortly :(:(

i would like to see a rule that you can only be a member of one national and not two then it would force them to make there mind up instead of being able to go to both

I don,t think this will ever happen, I would like to see us back to having only one National instead of the current situation where we have 2http://forum.pigeonbasics.org/public/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif

i would like to see a rule that you can only be a member of one national and not two then it would force them to make there mind up instead of being able to go to both

And why would that be ??freedom of choice race where and when you like when it suits you or you feel inclined to go .

Its my birds why not go to both if you wish . 2 races on one day

no different from having a combine race and a national race on same day i would say .

And why would that be ??freedom of choice race where and when you like when it suits you or you feel inclined to go .

Its my birds why not go to both if you wish . 2 races on one day

no different from having a combine race and a national race on same day i would say .

i heard there was not a lot of money to be won in the other national so the members send there best to the s.n.f.c to win money and send the others to the less well supported nat to try and win a national and sell young ones on as from a national winner