When is a youngbird not a Youngbird?

Chairman

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you lose a bird and sometime in the future someone reports it or i should say the ring

what would happen in this case-   someone uses your ring on one of their birds

and loses it

are you not duty bound to take the bird back by its ring no

even though you know by contact with the reportee that the bird is not yours

but the ring is

say it was a blue but is now a mealy

how would you stand ??

Guest Freebird

Surely if a bird is double rung with contradicting year of birth then it should not be allowed to race at all until the fraudulent ring is removed i.e the oldest, as you can't put a 2009 ring on an old bird.

It is not cheating you are flying to all the rules that are set out.

you are only flying the ring not the bird look at RPRA transfer forms they do not ask for the colour of the bird.

on basket on friday the ring number is on the sheet and bird has the same number on its leg the bird can go to the race no need to look at the taped one.

p.s no one can take the tape off the ring to check

you are only flying the ring not the bird look at RPRA transfer forms they do not ask for the colour of the bird.

on basket on friday the ring number is on the sheet and bird has the same number on its leg the bird can go to the race no need to look at the taped one.

You are still racing that young bird by deception = cheating

Yes,, okay then the answer to why some fanciers do it, Its all down to MONEY I shall do a simple equation for all of us to understand,

MORE WINS = MORE SALES = MORE MONEY. And the answer to "Are these youngbirds any good when it comes time to compete with other young birds" well they are unbeatable insomuch as these young birds are now 6 - 7 months old, have been raced up to the coast 200+ miles and are fully motivated to be raced on either a nest posistion, celibacy or widowhood, whilst the rest of the competing youngsters are just learning the ropes and more than likely coming back to the perch.

Its not fair, It should'nt be tolerated and the rules can only be changed by you, the member, there is an alternative though, lets all go on the OSTRICH SYNDROME bury our heads in the sand, it may not happen in our clubs? but then again when or if it does it too late to do anything about it. FOOD FOR THOUGHT GUYS???

pigeonscout you are making this hard to explain you can only put 2 rings on when its in the nest 1 ring the year its born lets say 2009 then you put an old ring on the other leg any old ring will do like 2005 2006 2007 or 2008 ok dont go chopping their legs off

oh happy days

I know you cannot put a new ring on an old bird and that is why I ask (what if you could) would that also be ok with you.

some of you guys take the biscuit you come on a thred half way through and start talking crap start at the top read it and then make a coment this word cheating keeps coming up its not cheating theres no rule to say you cant do it

oh happy days

There's also no rules you say you give a seat on a bus or train to an old passenger either, it's just called common courtesy, there's also no rule to say if you find an ulocked car you are allowed to drive it away, that's called stealing. Come on guys, stop kidding yourselves on and use a bit of common sense, send your young birds as far and as often as you want but as trainers, I'm sure no one will have any objections.

Don't be foolish enough to think no one has the right to touch the ring that is taped up, in your rules, rule 96 states "Should a bird carry more than one ring, both rings must be registered to one loft number and must be from the country of origin" If I were your basket convener I would be entitled to check the ring taped up and not let it in the basket if it was a young bird.

Even if you insisted that it be allowed, it would be simple to get the remaining club members birds race marked while the bogus ring number was verified, and who knows it would maybe even be too late to get them verified before the transporter had to leave ;)

There's also no rules you say you give a seat on a bus or train to an old passenger either, it's just called common courtesy, there's also no rule to say if you find an ulocked car you are allowed to drive it away, that's called stealing. Come on guys, stop kidding yourselves on and use a bit of common sense, send your young birds as far and as often as you want but as trainers, I'm sure no one will have any objections.

Don't be foolish enough to think no one has the right to touch the ring that is taped up, in your rules, rule 96 states "Should a bird carry more than one ring, both rings must be registered to one loft number and must be from the country of origin" If I were your basket convener I would be entitled to check the ring taped up and not let it in the basket if it was a young bird.

Even if you insisted that it be allowed, it would be simple to get the remaining club members birds race marked while the bogus ring number was verified, and who knows it would maybe even be too late to get them verified before the transporter had to leave ;)

i dont understand

i beg to differ ,the basket commitee can check the ring(s) on all birds when basketing said bird

naedoos if you have a bird double rung with both rings showing their numbers of diffrent years you can refuse to put the bird through if one is taped up you are not allowed to tamper alter or interfear with that taped up ring what is under the tape is none of anyones buisness

oh happy days

naedoos if you have a bird double rung with both rings showing their numbers of diffrent years you can refuse to put the bird through if one is taped up you are not allowed to tamper alter or interfear with that taped up ring what is under the tape is none of anyones buisness

oh happy days

read your rules joe, It would have to be checked to ensure it was registered to the same loft number

oh very happy days ;)

oh happy days

just to confirm, which rpra rule are you quoting here joe?