When is a youngbird not a Youngbird?

Chairman

Guest strapper

if this bird was bred and rung  in 2008 then its classed as an old bird..some are bred early then rung with old rings(the time we get rings...and bird rung with 2009 ring, would dictate that this bird was rung in 2009 and classed as a youngbird.),..rules need to change to make this clear, what id be worried about if a club member is doing this.......why?

if he is trying to use a loop hole in the law then he is trying to gain something by it,thus i believe  its ungentlemanly conduct on his part.

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

take a look in RPRA rule book and tell me where this cant be done

oh happy dys

You take a look in the RPRA rule book and tell me where it says it CAN be done, more to the point. OH HAPPY DAYS !!

Guest Hjaltland

Why bother with year classes in racing then, why not just give each bird a numbered ring - no year number - and then race everything together regardless of age?

Guest Hjaltland
chairman you tell your mate to carry on this is not some thing new its been going on for years these guys are moaning about it because they did not think of it so wake up and smell the coffee boys

And so.. how do these yb's do in the ob races? pardon my ignorance.

strapper put it in with the hens race as old bird then when you race as young bird it will p*ss all over other young birds because its had the expiriance of racing and more than likley its already been to some of the race points ITS CALLED THE EDGE

oh happy days

Guest strapper

the welsh north road allows racing youngbirds in the old bird programme but not till right at the tail end of the season, in a few short races ,maybe 1-2...just b4 youngbirds start.

bob just because the rule book does not say it can be done does not meen you cant do it the point i am making

oh happy days

Are you advocating this practice then Joe?? Would you do it?? It is wrong and I will lobby the RPRA to make this distinction in it's rule book, if it is the last contribution I make to this wonderful hobby, where ALL is meant to be fair and just. The man is obviously out to gain an advantage over his club mates and it should NOT be allowed. As far as I am aware, the only time a 'ring' should be covered is if it is a name and address ring on a bird that is being showed, so that the ownership of the bird is not known to gain an unfair advantage. OK some judges know birds, but if they are fair judges they should be judging the bird NOT the ring.

Guest strapper
strapper put it in with the hens race as old bird then when you race as young bird it will p*ss all over other young birds because its had the expiriance of racing and more than likley its already been to some of the race points ITS CALLED THE EDGE

oh happy days

hi joe ,then if thats the case ...although not mentioned in the rule book as you say....then its seeking a loophole to gain an advantage...if this person needs this edge to try to win then it comes down to morals. im not saying its against the rules because if it isnt in the rules then he,s allowed to use that loophole.

its only my opinion but i think its only gonna bring about arguments in the club...and the state of racing is in today it doesnt need any amunition to fire.

chairman you tell your mate to carry on this is not some thing new its been going on for years these guys are moaning about it because they did not think of it so wake up and smell the coffee boys

oh happy days

I've smelled the coffee for as many years as you Joe, but I race my birds according to the rules as they were meant to be portrayed. Not like bad losers who are hell bent on interpreting the rules to suit themselves and gain an advantage. Come on mate, you are making yourself out to be someone who advocates the bending of rules, when I am sure you are not.

Guest strapper
Do you think that racing yb's in ob races affects losses in any way?

if they have been trained i dont think so, what ive witnessed is that when youngbirds are mixed in with oldbirds then it turns out to be a funny race, in the way that the oldbirds return spooked or later.then expected......this i believe is because the youngbirds are for the 1st time mixed with bigger birdage and circles the lib site longer then the oldbirds would have if not mixed.

hi strpper all im saying is it goes on right or wrong if thats what people do to get an edge fine its not braking any rules some race well in old birds some dont but the point is it gives them the addvantage when the young birds start no rules broken i cant see a problem its forward thinking

oh happy days

a mate of mine (not got meny} did this 10 15 years ago all you do is tape up the 2009 ring for old birds and then put them in as hens then tape up the old ring and race as young birds AND ITS LEGAL

oh happy days

IF this happened it doesn,t say much for the officials of the club.

bob you do as you please all im saying is its been going on for years and not illegal and addvantage = edge in my book no rules broken

oh happy days

Well I will make it my duty to investigate this with the RPRA and ALL the other Unions and bring it to their attention and if need be fight this malpractice and get a rule implemented.

Guest strapper
hi strpper all im saying is it goes on right or wrong if thats what people do to get an edge fine its not braking any rules some race well in old birds some dont but the point is it gives them the addvantage when the young birds start no rules broken i cant see a problem its forward thinking

oh happy days

joe i fully understand where your coming from but we all should start at a even keel and anything other than that in my honest opinion is not all starting from the starting line.

to gain any credit in winning there has to be a line that all start from, otherwise there is room for debate that the win was unfair...thus discrediting the fancier.

i would rather in my opinion lose to someone that has started on the same line as myself,but if this person wants to do this and the club members are happy about it then so be it,i would just hope that the fed/national would think the same....paul.

There is nothing in the rules to prevent this.

Members in my club wanted the old bird season to be anyage racing, this was put to the fed who again agreed there was nothing to stop them if they so wish but the fed didn't want it. If the club wants to they can make there races anyage and have an old and young bird result, oldbirds only being forwarded to the fed etc to please all members who wish to race any age birds.

I would also sugest that youngbirds are basketed seperatly and not in with old birds, cocks or hens!

Phil

pigeonman they only read the ring thats visable  srapper you breed a bird early 2009 put a 2009 ring on one leg put a2008 ring on other cover 2009 ring with tape race as 2008 bird when young bird season comes round tape up 2008 ring race as 2009 young bird

oh happy days

Guest strapper

i think this is a good debate and has stayed socialble,there needs to be more threads like this as we are all in the same boat so no need for hassle as we see in some threads.lol..well done guys for debating in a peaceful manner.