When is a youngbird not a Youngbird?

Chairman

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rule 70. Not a chance, because the GREY area would be the interpretation of what is termed to be "Ungentlemanly Misconduct" unless the RPRA have a checklist of what is termed as, I am afraid any barrister worth his salt would lick his lips to get stuck in on this case.

We could start another thread and ask each site user to make an entry of what he / she termed as Ungentlemanly Misconduct,

Even the few fanciers of the past that were "signed high" were suspended for Gross Misconduct, would have got that stigma removed in a modern day court of law, an area into which the RPRA has always been retorted the bride and never the groom.

It is not cheating you are flying to all the rules that are set out.

you are only flying the ring not the bird look at RPRA transfer forms they do not ask for the colour of the bird.

on basket on friday the ring number is on the sheet and bird has the same number on its leg the bird can go to the race no need to look at the taped one.

p.s no one can take the tape off the ring to check

I as a club secretary would take that tape off to check what the ring was and I hope that every other marking offocial in any other club would do the same.

I as a club secretary would take that tape off to check what the ring was and I hope that every other marking offocial in any other club would do the same.

got to agree with you there tony it could be anything under it

Rule 70. Not a chance, because the GREY area would be the interpretation of what is termed to be "Ungentlemanly Misconduct" unless the RPRA have a checklist of what is termed as, I am afraid any barrister worth his salt would lick his lips to get stuck in on this case.

We could start another thread and ask each site user to make an entry of what he / she termed as Ungentlemanly Misconduct,

Even the few fanciers of the past that were "signed high" were suspended for Gross Misconduct, would have got that stigma removed in a modern day court of law, an area into which the RPRA has always been retorted the bride and never the groom.

Rule 70 does not say Ungentlemanly Misconduct it says Dishonourable conduct the word Dishonourable covers deceived and deceive and that is what you are doing by hiding the fact the bird it is a young bird in order to race it as an old bird.

So you are breaking rule 70 if you deceive someone into thinking a young bird is an old bird.

Rule 70 does not say Ungentlemanly Misconduct it says Dishonourable conduct the word Dishonourable covers deceived and deceive and that is what you are doing by hiding the fact the bird it is a young bird in order to race it as an old bird.

So you are breaking rule 70 if you deceive someone into thinking a young bird is an old bird.

yup

naedoos if you have a bird double rung with both rings showing their numbers of diffrent years you can refuse to put the bird through if one is taped up you are not allowed to tamper alter or interfear with that taped up ring what is under the tape is none of anyones buisness

oh happy days

You cannot tamper with a bird after it has been raced marked but you can do so before race marking to satisfy yourself that it has entitlement to be race marked.

Well gentlemen I think all aspects of this have been covered, the pro's and the anti's, and the highlighting of the loopholes in the rules, I have therefore taken it upon myself to copy and paste this complete topic in its entirety for further reference. I have already made it my duty to write to the RPRA for clarification of this situation, and I await there response. When I am in receipt of this I will post (word for word) for all to see. If however they quote rules, which many of you say have loopholes in them, I will be quoting posts from this thread so that they can take appropriate action with regard to making changes, in the correct manner, and get the ambiguity removed, so that we are all singing from the same hymn sheet.

This has been a good topic and everyone has conducted themselves in a gentlemanly manner. I would like to thank "Chairman" for highlighting this practice, and bringing it to everyones attention. It would appear that from the responses to this issue, on this forum, that the vast majority are against this practice and so would assume that if and when propositions, to amend/add rules regarding this issue, are submitted to the RPRA they should be carried with flying colours by the membership.

i have been watching this thread with interest over the last couple of days and surely by taping a ring up a member is hiding something, thus being decietful. Now whos to say that the covered ring belongs to the said fancier, so in my eyes any marking committee has they right to ask the fancier to remove the tape, that way it is not tampering and if the fancier refuses then he has something to hide thus being deceitful , if the rules state that young birds cannot race with old birds then it should not be allowed to be sent.

i have been watching this thread with interest over the last couple of days and surely by taping a ring up a member is hiding something, thus being decietful. Now whos to say that the covered ring belongs to the said fancier, so in my eyes any marking committee has they right to ask the fancier to remove the tape, that way it is not tampering and if the fancier refuses then he has something to hide thus being deceitful , if the rules state that young birds cannot race with old birds then it should not be allowed to be sent.

Totally agree with u gooner,like i said earlier no basketing member should let in throught,

unless rules states different

ive been watching with intrest and its been a good debate

i agree you should only have the one ring on a bird

what are your comments on this one

quite similar but quite legal too

if you ring a bird in january with an old ring to compete in old bird races (only the one ring)

it would be this years young bird but raceing as an oldbird

it could be raceing at 4 monhts old

ive been watching with intrest and its been a good debate

i agree you should only have the one ring on a bird

what are your comments on this one

quite similar but quite legal too

if you ring a bird in january with an old ring to compete in old bird races (only the one ring)

it would be this years young bird but raceing as an oldbird

it could be raceing at 4 monhts old

it is legal ,this would be the owners choice, it may be a silly one.

when this is done u put them in the last 2 short drop back races. :) :)

im fine bob that was a good debate yesterday up to a point may still carry on today with out the abuse no need for it realy

oh happy days

No I agree mate. I have always conducted myself in a dignified manner and allowed freedom of speech by all parties.

well you pop off to bed breakaway

pigeonscout the rule you quote is that a club rule fed rule ihu rule shu rule whu rule or rpra rule naedoos qouted rule 96 must of missed rule 70a but never mind im just a bit surprised that rule 70a was not put forward sooner as there are some guys on here with a lot of knoledge and hold good postions in clubs and feds plus over 1500 hits on thread and the only person to come up with an rpra rule book is an irishman living in irleland so thats over 1400 fanciers living in england who dont have an rpra rule book amazing makes you think dosnt it

ps hotrod need not reply

oh happy days