snfc

snfc

LIGHTNING FAST BEFORE THESE INLAND CRAP STARTED IT WAS ONLY WATER RACES AND I CAN TELL YOU THERE WERE UP TO 8;000 BIRDS GOING TO THE GOLD CUP SINCE THIS ALTERED ITS GONE DOWN HILL NEXT YEAR STRUGGLING TO GET 1;000 BIRDS THERE IS PLENTY CLUB AND FED RACES FOR NEW STARTS AND YES WE ALL HAD TO DO THE SAME TILL WE HAD A TEAM THAT COULD COMPETE IN THE SNFC ONCE THE GREATEST CLUB ANYWHERE A COUPLE OF YPRES SURLY THATS A GOOD DISTANCE TO GET STARTED INTO NATIONAL RACING ITS ABOUT THE SAME DISTANCE AS EASTBORNE SO NO EXCUSE WHATSOEVER BUT IN MY BOOK NATIONALS IS TO GET THE BEST OUT OF OUR BIRDS MY GOD ITS NOT LONG AGO ON THIS SITE THERE WERE FANCIERS SAYING IF THE WIND IS NOT THE RIGHT DIRECTION THEY WERE GOING TO KEEP THERE BIRDS AT HOME WHAT ARE WE GOING TO GET NEXT NO WONDER THERE LOOSING THERE HOMING ABILITY  ;D ;D ;D ;D

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LIGHTNING FAST BEFORE THESE INLAND CRAP STARTED IT WAS ONLY WATER RACES AND I CAN TELL YOU THERE WERE UP TO 8;000 BIRDS GOING TO THE GOLD CUP SINCE THIS ALTERED ITS GONE DOWN HILL NEXT YEAR STRUGGLING TO GET 1;000 BIRDS THERE IS PLENTY CLUB AND FED RACES FOR NEW STARTS AND YES WE ALL HAD TO DO THE SAME TILL WE HAD A TEAM THAT COULD COMPETE IN THE SNFC ONCE THE GREATEST CLUB ANYWHERE A COUPLE OF YPRES SURLY THATS A GOOD DISTANCE TO GET STARTED INTO NATIONAL RACING ITS ABOUT THE SAME DISTANCE AS EASTBORNE SO NO EXCUSE WHATSOEVER BUT IN MY BOOK NATIONALS IS TO GET THE BEST OUT OF OUR BIRDS MY GOD ITS NOT LONG AGO ON THIS SITE THERE WERE FANCIERS SAYING IF THE WIND IS NOT THE RIGHT DIRECTION THEY WERE GOING TO KEEP THERE BIRDS AT HOME WHAT ARE WE GOING TO GET NEXT NO WONDER THERE LOOSING THERE HOMING ABILITY  ;D ;D ;D ;D

well said walter  i might stick some of my yearlings across if any left  ;) ;) and yes it was the best club at one time  :) :)

You have left you caps lock on ;D ;D ;D

Eastbourne last year people were struggling to get birds back from ;D never mind the channel ;D ;D

Lightning Fast

dont wast your time lad, these cavemen would have you running to the toon square with your rubber in your hand ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

always could afford a clock so could my club mates  in coxslodge must be different in other clubs in Newcastle  and the unc

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

all depends,  if they  got them back from the pawn shop in time ;D

well said walter  i might stick some of my yearlings across if any left  ;) ;) and yes it was the best club at one time  :) :)

well alan there was a few yearlings  timed up to 511 miles on the day last year and the same the year before a few  yearlings ltimed on day there  is a lot of eddie the eagles in these races not worth there perch in some lofts

(puke)(puke)(puke)

Guest stevie-b

we flew against bigger birdages when we flew with the combine biradges of over 10,000 sometimes that was not mickey mouse neither is the inland national its a way of bringing in needed income to the sport the nationals cannot survive with only long distance races and draconian rules time for change id say

Last season the Gold Cup race was followed by two channel races (Andrezel & Ypres) 7 days later, which can only have a big effect on the main race entries, surely it would make sense to drop one of the inland races, Newbury for instance and fly Ypres that week.

we flew against bigger birdages when we flew with the combine biradges of over 10,000 sometimes that was not mickey mouse neither is the inland national its a way of bringing in needed income to the sport the nationals cannot survive with only long distance races and draconian rules time for change id say

I agree my fed race on the same day as the two inland Nats, from the same distance and there will be only be 200-400 birds at these races, I can fly in the Nat with birdage upto 5000

much better racing, not just nat racing that needs a change so does fed racing ;)

weve managed since racing started the only thing that has changed more crap going into the transporters and that is a fact if your desprate to have a mickey mouse race have a training toss and make it the toss--s cup i will donate it  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Guest Gareth Rankin
Last season the Gold Cup race was followed by two channel races (Andrezel & Ypres) 7 days later, which can only have a big effect on the main race entries, surely it would make sense to drop one of the inland races, Newbury for instance and fly Ypres that week.

Would have to agree with you Rebus on having a Ypres early June, one other problem is that the races are too close together and perhaps the SNFC should adopt what most of the other National/Classic clubs in the UK do and that is to have at least 2 weeks between races.

weve managed since racing started the only thing that has changed more crap going into the transporters and that is a fact if your desprate to have a mickey mouse race have a training toss and make it the toss--s cup i will donate it  ;D ;D ;D ;D

you trying to say the lanarkshire  is flying with  tossers now,  and you are  taking the candy of them, to suit your own end.  tossers are we now  eh

Would have to agree with you Rebus on having a Ypres early June, one other problem is that the races are too close together and perhaps the SNFC should adopt what most of the other National/Classic clubs in the UK do and that is to have at least 2 weeks between races.

This is what we do in the up north combine ;) 2 weeks between each National :)

Nowt wrong with eastbourne as a inland nat its a good test for the ylgs also gives members a middle distance type race but i think one inland nat or derby is enough. SCRAP newbury.

Nowt wrong with eastbourne as a inland nat its a good test for the ylgs also gives members a middle distance type race but i think one inland nat or derby is enough. SCRAP newbury.

now your talking  mate tell your comittee,  and when the gold cup was the main race for 8,000 birds thats is when it justifyed the prize money, no £3,000 now and only  450 birds  there  yer game is about up  bigda as it is ;D

you trying to say the lanarkshire  is flying with  tossers now,  and you are  taking the candy of them, to suit your own end.  tossers are we now  eh

sorry bigda but i am sorry if your a *expletive removed* but i just could not get a better heading [ but it is a complement the distance between 1st and last drop 170 miles in a inland race ] that is my heading the toss--s cup and madpup i can tell you ive slept in worse places down in the newcastle area in the sixties  >:( >:( >:(a cave man would have been a very proud      [ man friday]   ;D ;D ;D ;D

I LIKED THE OLD FORMAT BETTER    NO INLAND NATIONALS

SARTILLY   RENNES (NANTES OR  NIORT)    SARTILLY 2

BUT IN THE EQUIVELENT OF THE  RACE POINTS NOW USED.

I THINK THE INLAND RACES SHOULD BE LEFT TO FEDS AND COMBINES FOR THERE OPENS

JMO

well alan there was a few yearlings  timed up to 511 miles on the day last year and the same the year before a few  yearlings ltimed on day there  is a lot of eddie the eagles in these races not worth there perch in some lofts

(puke)(puke)(puke)

i would put my distance famillys that are being timed in at 550 mls plus on the day as yearlings   but thats there not here  might have a go nothing ventured nothing gained  if i got them spot on  ;) ;) ;) ;)