New |Server Upgrade

Henrik

Seems to have killed the Forum stone dead, not much of interest anymore, can get weather updates on the BBC, and say Good morning to folk when I see them, thats about the sum of the topics on here just now. Maybe should go back to the Old Format of the Site as it was much easier to use

1 hour ago, Henrik said:

Seems to have killed the Forum stone dead, not much of interest anymore, can get weather updates on the BBC, and say Good morning to folk when I see them, thats about the sum of the topics on here just now. Maybe should go back to the Old Format of the Site as it was much easier to use

As stated on a couple of occasions already, we had no option but to change server, as the old server was no longer operating,  so the the 2 options open to Basics was 1. Move to a new server,  which unfortunately resulted in the format changes.

Or 2. Close down Basics totally. 

We opted for option 1, which I agree has had a negative affect to the site, this is out of our control.

However if the site does not improve, it's future will be reviewed.  

The administration team do a lot of work in the background to try and improve the site.

55 minutes ago, sapper756 said:

As stated on a couple of occasions already, we had no option but to change server, as the old server was no longer operating,  so the the 2 options open to Basics was 1. Move to a new server,  which unfortunately resulted in the format changes.

Or 2. Close down Basics totally. 

We opted for option 1, which I agree has had a negative affect to the site, this is out of our control.

However if the site does not improve, it's future will be reviewed.  

The administration team do a lot of work in the background to try and improve the site.

Why was it not possible to have the old format on the new server? That to me would have been the best outcome, just seems such a shame that what was the best forum on the web has come down to what we have now, hopefully something can be done to restore it to its former glory. And I know you all will be working to this end so dont take this as a critisim of the work you are doing

32 minutes ago, Henrik said:

Why was it not possible to have the old format on the new server? That to me would have been the best outcome, just seems such a shame that what was the best forum on the web has come down to what we have now, hopefully something can be done to restore it to its former glory. And I know you all will be working to this end so dont take this as a critisim of the work you are doing

No criticism taken, believe me the Administration Team share yours and many more members frustration. But the old format on the new server was not an option. 

Onwards and upwards,  hopefully.

1 hour ago, sapper756 said:

No criticism taken, believe me the Administration Team share yours and many more members frustration. But the old format on the new server was not an option. 

Onwards and upwards,  hopefully.

Aye fingers crossed Brian

dont know if its possable to filter out   all  the guests when looking to see who is on  site , as a nightmare  going through all  the  pages ,  and  all  friends have  been  removed from  profiles ,    so need to  find them other ways to  message  them ,  cheers  dave 

• 2 weeks later...

Lots of moans and whinging eh!

Oh, sorry! It's only to be expected, after all it is a Pigeon site.

If only they put their' whining to good use and stand up and be counted in regards improving the very fundemental basis of our so call sport and put as much energy in trying to improve that!

But then that never happens year after year, so it will stay the same.

Why moan at the ones trying to bring together a decent site,and  a way forward for a betterment via decent and honest fanciers eh

Why not whinge and moan at the the Ruling bodies, whilst from club to national level they take the pee and our money!

Strewth!

Edited by Roland

5 hours ago, Roland said:

Lots of moans and whinging eh!

Oh, sorry! It's only to be expected, after all it is a Pigeon site.

If only they put their' whining to good use and stand up and be counted in regards improving the very fundemental basis of our so call sport and put as much energy in trying to improve that!

But then that never happens year after year, so it will stay the same.

Why moan at the ones trying to bring together a decent site,and  a way forward for a betterment via decent and honest fanciers eh

Why not whinge and moan at the the Ruling bodies, whilst from club to national level they take the pee and our money!

Strewth!

good post