Looks Like We Are Getting

walterboswell59

I don't think we will be far enough down the road to even consider a channel race...that's if we get racing.... what I wouldn't want to do is rush down the road jst to put them across the water

i would george and if the feds are not down far enough ill take them myself thats what i keep them for m8

i would george and if the feds are not down far enough ill take them myself thats what i keep them for m8

You will have plenty to accompany you Walter, So you will not be going yourself, Nothing like a decent jump to get them thinking,, unlike the bleeding hearts who have a headache jumping them 50 miles. Jeez I start mine off at 160 mile with little or no training..

Distance birds normally only get 3/4 races before the big one so could be ok , not so sure it will happen but hope so .

correct colin and if need be the SNFC could move all national channel races back one month just as the feds are doing

if need be drop the inland races or just have one plenty of options depending on when or if lockdown is lifted but just like the feds SNFC should have a plan B JMO

Totally understand mate but the fed shouldn't be rushing down for the 10 or 20 fanciers that go 500 plus.... i send myself btw I'm jst thinking of the whole fed

You will have plenty to accompany you Walter, So you will not be going yourself, Nothing like a decent jump to get them thinking,, unlike the bleeding hearts who have a headache jumping them 50 miles. Jeez I start mine off at 160 mile with little or no training..

That’s why uve hardly any left Pmfsl sending unfit pigeons to 160 mile behave

You know, I hear, see, the arguments, points thought and folks saying 'Why can't we have just 4 doing the marking in one room etc.'.

Well obviously that would be very short lived and done. Further, speaking to a keen fisherman, a couple of doors away, whom told that they can't go fishing if is no one else it there, or 100's of yards away'. So what chance do we believe our case could be allowed!

Further even games behind closed doors are still trying.

It is a banned right along the line. No up and downs, or corners in that line will be permitted. For the very good reason(s) where does one draw the line! Certainly not for any sport. Golly it would open the flood gates, and course desent every where. So, sorry to say lads, all and any such schemes and thoughts will never be allowed until very much later.

Edited by Roland

folks snfc may have plans to race from france ...but dont forget ...france might have something to say about that ......race the feds and clubs to coast and wait the decisions to made within next month

regards

Mick

I do think that we must be careful and not cause any respite from the public. Ok. We won't be seen personally taking a sensible, and an agreeable stance in this sad concern of COVID 19. But mark my words well, If see, reported as being silly and uncalled for in any action or even looks like going out of the guidelines of the government do's and don't do's, then we will do our 'Fancy' a great disservice. One long that is remembered and will crop up every time a 'Pigeon' mentioned. Then to be embellished memories, true or false, will abound.

One only has to look at past remarks regards the feral... 'flying Rat's' etc. A stupid untruth that 'Joe Public' in ignorance, yet spouts even today. Thinking it makes them smart and suitable for a laugh. Somewhat undeserved true, but easily believe!

We neither want or let, any other whimsical happening. Because the pointed finger will paint a sorrowful picture of not only pigeons but pigeon keeper, we must be responsible for our actions. Remembering that it won't just be 'You' taking flak, but the whole of the sport and Pigeon keepers, regardless of what kind of pigeons are sought or kept.

When in a supermarket as a provision counter, it was brought home to me very clearly that customers won't notice how clean and well kept is the food counter! Yet! a little bit of bacon, ham, a mark etc. out of place is noticed by nigh al

1588849820[/url]' post='1226098']

I do think that we must be careful and not cause any respite from the public. Ok. We won't be seen personally taking a sensible, and an agreeable stance in this sad concern of COVID 19. But mark my words well, If see, reported as being silly and uncalled for in any action or even looks like going out of the guidelines of the government do's and don't do's, then we will do our 'Fancy' a great disservice. One long that is remembered and will crop up every time a 'Pigeon' mentioned. Then to be embellished memories, true or false, will abound.

One only has to look at past remarks regards the feral... 'flying Rat's' etc. A stupid untruth that 'Joe Public' in ignorance, yet spouts even today. Thinking it makes them smart and suitable for a laugh. Somewhat undeserved true, but easily believe!

We neither want or let, any other whimsical happening. Because the pointed finger will paint a sorrowful picture of not only pigeons but pigeon keeper, we must be responsible for our actions. Remembering that it won't just be 'You' taking flak, but the whole of the sport and Pigeon keepers, regardless of what kind of pigeons are sought or kept.

When in a supermarket as a provision counter, it was brought home to me very clearly that customers won't notice how clean and well kept is the food counter! Yet! a little bit of bacon, ham, a mark etc. out of place is noticed by nigh al

The general public in Scotland regard pigeon fanciers at best mildly eccentric or at worst nut cases.Mostlythey look on our racing with a sort of puzzlement and benign approval so all in all we have a fairly good relationship with non fanciers.

All this can change if people decide that fanciers are not observing the lockdown or social distancing and in these circumstances it would take us years to recover if ever.

I am sure that the Scottish Homing Union are aware of this danger and will provide leadership.

So screw the nut guys.