Pigeon Racing

jocky

If it calms down around may/June and we’re allowed to race I would suggest to powers at be . To just race old and young together out to about 100 odd mike twice a week because of amount of birds . Saturday and Sunday or Wednesday.

Hopefully all goes well, after the 3 weeks we can allow back out to normal but can’t see it but if it does, think there should be rules in place for how many should be at club marking to put pigeons through and load transporter to have a chance of some sort of racing

As the medical professionals have stated they believe it will peak june july

That means the most deaths it wont disappear the next day ,Thousands will die cant believe the powers to be have not done the sensible thing already and cancelled racing for 2020

The Olympics are off does that not put things into perspective.

Stay safe all

I have a few feral PIGENS ROOSTING AND NEST IN THE STREET AND NIEGHBOURS BACK YARDS HERE about :drinking-coffee-200: . A couple of doors up a new neighbour has a dove cote … lost some to cats but … Any way they all are up and around flying. Good to see. Plus I don't have to spend money to feed them and clean them out lol :emoticon-0127-lipssealed: :emoticon-0127-lipssealed:

Irresponsible reporting.

This virus is a killer. A few days on lockdown won't have that immediate effect. It didn't elsewhere. Lockdown will be effective, but it will take longer than a few days. :)

Andy its a positive story...death rate doesn't lie doesn't say its not going to increase we are on a different trajectory to Italy and Spain also

post-11043-15852183190232_thumb.jpg

It is about time reporters were positive and reported far more often about positive happenings, whilst keeping a balance. The reason I think it is irresponsible is because the people of this country have been woefully slow to comply with the governments suggestions on how to best deal with this virus, to the point where their advice is now an order, and even yet we have those who are flaunting it. This will force marshal law to be used, if the non compliance continues.

Early reports like this will give people the thought that it is being effective right away and I do not think that is the case. These figures will fluctuate daily. Any respite is appreciated and gratefully received, but we must maintain our vigilance.

The youngsters appear to have no idea, nor discipline. Licking toilet seats, food packaging, etc. Our old are vulnerable due to age and health, are our young vulnerable because they are not taking this seriously enough?

This report will fuel their opinion that it is only some sort of little virus that will not make any difference to them. I haven't read it, but I hope it was reported properly and the full risks were not scrimped over, but I doubt that would be the case.

I promised myself I would batten down the hatches and .make no comments till this was well and truly over, if that ever happens. Make no mistake about this situation, we are in the throws of a serious situation. So what if we don't get any racing old or young birds. My only wish is that nobody I know becomes a statistic of the virus.

It's great to get some positive figures, but we need to keep living within the guidelines and deal with "reality " when we get through this. Stay safe my friends, even my enemies LOLemoticon-0179-headbang.gifdrinking-coffee-200.png

IfI survive this I am going to hosta serious barbecue this summer.Everyone is invited, there will be steaks, burgers,sausages and plenty of different kinds of booze even including Buckie for any guests from deepest Lanarkshire.

Good on you Walter

If its anything like your 80th party certainly another occasion full of wonderful memories

Hope your sides were not to sore with laughter last night with the videos I sent

Stay safe my friend

I promised myself I would batten down the hatches and .make no comments till this was well and truly over, if that ever happens. Make no mistake about this situation, we are in the throws of a serious situation. So what if we don't get any racing old or young birds. My only wish is that nobody I know becomes a statistic of the virus.

It's great to get some positive figures, but we need to keep living within the guidelines and deal with "reality " when we get through this. Stay safe my friends, even my enemies LOLemoticon-0179-headbang.gifdrinking-coffee-200.png

Wise words

Stay safe

Might well take you up on that Walter .. Wife, family. kids, and grand kids and friends mates and old uncle tom Cobbley and all. Maybe some will give us bed for a few days. Wouldn't want to have a wasted journey … Long way there and back just for a good nosh up eh! :emoticon-0140-rofl: :emoticon-0140-rofl: :emoticon-0136-giggle::emoticon-0127-lipssealed:

Indeed look for to the well known Scottish welcome! Indeed I suppose asking for a collection for fuel would be an ask to many!

Seriously Walt, do and enjoy mate.

However regards racing. This 12 week lock up etc. is just the beginning I fear. I think it will be a few months more than that. Indeed China once stated that some had caught it again! Those getting over it... will they be carriers? etc.

Edited by Roland

IfI survive this I am going to hosta serious barbecue this summer.Everyone is invited, there will be steaks, burgers,sausages and plenty of different kinds of booze even including Buckie for any guests from deepest Lanarkshire.

ill be there walter strongbow and food you better eye up a cow in that park you will need it :emoticon-0136-giggle: