greenlands

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Interesting Andy the police and the armed forces will be immune to coronavirus

Walter, they are talking about prioritising tests for the NHS, I think they would also test the emergency services. They will want to ensure national security and safety. Doubtless, NHS and other service personnel will be affected, but they will attempt to minimise their risk, I would think.

As far a pigeon racing is concerned, it will be considered as unimportant in the grand scheme of things, so if they shut everything down, they will shut down racing as well. RPRA and WHU have issued their guidelines and within one of their statements they said SHU would follow suit along the same similar lines. I assume the guidelines are coming from the government and this is how the unions are interpreting them.

The comment regarding emergency powers has been stated in the news and observing other countries, the UK may follow these actions as well, thus my comment. :)

bit early to make decisions andy we have to wait to see how this hits scotland we have a full month before racing starts going with whats happening abroad we wont be racing but we scots are a hardy breed

RPRA and WHU have delayed the start until end of April. It was intimated that it was expected that the SHU would be releasing a similar statement. If this is the case, I expect it to be released tomorrow at the earliest. Proven correct since the office is now closed and no statement issued today. :)

RPRA and WHU have delayed the start until end of April. It was intimated that it was expected that the SHU would be releasing a similar statement. If this is the case, I expect it to be released tomorrow at the earliest. Proven correct since the office is now closed and no statement issued today. :)

we where informed the office was closed to the public andy we have not be informed its closed now

Tommy, it is 19.30. It is closed and they are at home now. No announcements until tomorrow at the earliest. :)

sorry thot you meant it was closed now. we start alot later with racing andy so we can wait and see how this will pan out ive got all in place for the season with baskets all in the clubs two transporters on the road for the year and been road testing them for the last few weeks ready here if it gets the go ahead tae race

I would assume the SHU officials will be discussing this and hopefully some guidance will be issued. Personally I don’t see the need to postpone racing at present as we are not due to start for 4 weeks. It would be possible to manage race marking with a minimum number of members within the premises. It would be the members choice if they wish to take part. However if the government dictate otherwise then we will have no choice.

I would assume the SHU officials will be discussing this and hopefully some guidance will be issued. Personally I don’t see the need to postpone racing at present as we are not due to start for 4 weeks. It would be possible to manage race marking with a minimum number of members within the premises. It would be the members choice if they wish to take part. However if the government dictate otherwise then we will have no choice.

Exactly David. UNC postponed till middle April, think that's two weeks later than their normal start. RPRA 25th April, bit later than normal for some. WHU start of May, probably similar for them. If SHU follows this probably announce 25th which will be one or two weeks later for some. Having said that, you are correct, in that if the Government say otherwise we shall just have to do as we are told. The current situation is very fluid and I expect there will be a few changes along the way.

In the meantime, keep safe and healthy everyone and do your best to look out for and assist others who may be in a less favourable position that that in which you find yourself. :)

All paperwork has been submitted to rpra regarding licensing for liberation sites /dates etc

All that would have to be changed submitted and in place before racing could resume

No a magic wand job just turn up and let them off

Feds would have to rearrange programs before being resubmitted and approved

Edited by yeboah

a decision should be made now to put back racing 2 to 4 weeks for fed and national racing so we can keep control of the moult young bird racing is not necessary and may even help reduce percy we can wait see how it pans out for youngbirds people need to calm down over 8000 folk a year die from normal flu and more people in scotland have died slipping on ice calm down

Nobody is more committed or competitive than me, when it comes to my beloved pigeons. This coronavirus is real and upwards of 20 thousand people WILL die from it. My concerns and energies are about not contracting the virus, not if we are going to race expletive remove. Keep safe out there. AW THE BEST.drinking-coffee-200.png

I think you will find a lot more than that Flying Fifer. Indeed it has already killed far more than that 20.000. One should be expecting Millions!

Costs will also abound. Many concerns going bankrupt. Government 'Bail outs will have to be paid back with added INTERESTS. Mortgage payments may be suspended for three months due to unforeseen circumstances … Interests ADDED?!

Supermarkets can't afford to 'Not Sale' true, maybe cut down hours of trading? But then many have really stocked up well... so won't be buying to replace for a while.

Yes critical times hard to deal with ARE here.

I have already, and rightly so, had notice of my Hospital attending cancelled.

I am at the age of over 70. Had poisoned, and deceased lunges. Likewise the Liver which also has 'Legions'. and much more! That's life I guess.

But two things are for sure, indeed a certainty. A I need to take care of myself... Wife etc. I can't, and won't be stupid enough to 'Chane getting and spreading to others. What a horrid and barbarian thought. Selfish!!! Unbelievably so. Shameless!

B. School kids will infect many Grand Parents! Fact. They will carry or be carriers. Hence I am nigh in lock down.

Yes I have some horrid thoughts' regard the government handling and the spread and why. But then Life and needless costs eradicated will make many richer.

Edited by Roland

1584534427[/url]' post='1222095']

I think you will find a lot more than that Flying Fifer. Indeed it has already killed far more than that 20.000. One should be expecting Millions!

Costs will also abound. Many concerns going bankrupt. Government 'Bail outs will have to be paid back with added INTERESTS. Mortgage payments may be suspended for three months due to unforeseen circumstances … Interests ADDED?!

Supermarkets can't afford to 'Not Sale' true, maybe cut down hours of trading? But then many have really stocked up well... so won't be buying to replace for a while.

I am at the age of over 70. Had poisoned, and deceased lunges. Likewise the Liver which also has 'Legions'. and much more! That's life I guess.

But two things are for sure, indeed a certainty. A I need to take care of myself... Wife etc. I can't, and won't be stupid enough to 'Chane getting and spreading to others. What a horrid and barbarian thought. Selfish!!! Unbelievably so. Shameless!

B. School kids will infect many Grand Parents! Fact. They will carry or be carriers. Hence I am nigh in lock down.

Yes I have some horrid thoughts' regard the government handling and the spread and why. But then Life and needless costs eradicated will make many richer.

Who said PrivateFrazerwas died.

Just read it... and as thought.

In guidance issued after the chancellor pledged mortgage support for households affected by the coronavirus, UK Finance, the trade body for the major banks, set out how households can apply.

There will be a fast-track system for approval, but not everyone will be granted a payment holiday. The unpaid interest will still be recovered later, …

Mind folks who don't want/ need a 'Loan' from the government will obviously say 'Quite Right Too'! Maybe so, maybe not, but IT will happen.

So who will in reality pick up the TAB?

Why it will be passed onto the Shoppers/ buyer / users etc. Many then will say 'Quite Right Too'! So the bill will be passed on to us inevitably!

Maybe a soothsayer Walter, or a realist. But fact is, one has to accept … No the Ostrich doesn't bury its head in the sand... It just looks that way.

Me! Well I'd be a fool, a rather silly person, NOT to accept and take stock. Ok it may well be It won't help … But ! won't die from 'Lack of Trying lol .. No not a lack of TRYING to die lol :drinking-coffee-200:

Edited by Roland

Mind Walter, 'Is the Cup half empty, or half full'?

Here's another one showing that the main 'Bail Out' is to ensure the wealthy and rich concerns! Not the so-called 9 to 5 as so many are!

Quote 'The government faces anger after leaving renters and zero-hour workers out of a £350bn coronavirus crisis package - despite Boris Johnson vowing to support the whole economy.

MPs, trade bodies and unions have called for more support sooner than planned, as the UK's death toll reached 71 and Brits are encouraged to remain at home wherever possible - putting many jobs at risk.

The measures, revealed yesterday by Chancellor Rishi Sunak and Prime Minister Boris Johnson, include mortgage payment freezes for those in financial difficulty, £330bn in loans and £20bn in other support for businesses.

But many critics believe the rescue package has ignored renters, the self-employed and the redundant, as well as those in insecure jobs. End of quote.

So the worker will have to pay again eh. Yes! we/they must look after the more affluent... not the every day worker eh! A soothsayer of realism?

Edited by Roland

a decision should be made now to put back racing 2 to 4 weeks for fed and national racing so we can keep control of the moult young bird racing is not necessary and may even help reduce percy we can wait see how it pans out for youngbirds people need to calm down over 8000 folk a year die from normal flu and more people in scotland have died slipping on ice calm down

thumbs-up-sign_1f44d.png

Very good Roland, apologies for the facetious rejoinder.As a committed republican and Scottish Nationalist I have no quarrel with your comments..But as this isa pigeon site and my only access to social media I should saythatI could despair at the attitude of some of my fellow fanciers It is becoming increasingly clear that while lives are at risk it up to us all to take sensible precautions especially the elderly (I am 87 years old).Surely it is now becoming almost certain that there will be no old bird racing this year.A situation which I profoundly regret.

Having considered advice from the Scottish Government, the SHU can confirm their thought that the Corona virus will get worse before it gets better.

We therefore advise all members and organisations that pigeon racing will be postponed until 1st May 2020

The advice also indicates that gatherings should not take place therefore pigeon sales, breeder buyers events etc should not go ahead until further notice

The SHU will endeavour to keep fanciers abreast of current information and recomendations from the Scottish Office.

Sorry Roland, my figure of 20 thousand was for the UK only. AW THE BEST