Pb On Site Sales Facility

Ian McKay

60 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Doesn't the site already have a couple of ways of selling/buying for its' members ?

Yes Paul but it is a manual system and you need to spend a lot of time checking and replying and you always get someone with nasty comments which are not conjusive to good harmony

The new system would be fully automatic and seller operated(I hope)all you would do is join up once done (once only) it would be a case of put up the birds and go

I think we could still operate Gold members and operate charity sale

A decision on this would be made once the system is up and running

I constantly look at other site and see PB members selling and have asked them why and the answer has made me think we need a new system or fall behind

Ian

Great idea, ide rather buy from top fanciers on here than rip off merchants in Homing World and Private Auctions.

Nice one Fred

I personally like the site for what it is. I can see feather merchants & trumpet blowers joining just to shift their wares. Perhaps a way to deter these sorts is to allow them to use this facility after xxx amount of posts.

This site 'Pigeonbasics' by nature of its name attracts a lot of new starters who could easily be suckered into buying pigeons that doesn't comply with what it says on the tin and feel a little protection wouldn't go amiss.

From a seller point of view, if it cost less than the £30 gold membership it would attract ppl but if ye were selling say, 12 doos at £50 a head and the site got 10% of the money that's double the Gold membership fee.

My apologies if I am misinterpreting the gist of the function.

I personally like the site for what it is. I can see feather merchants & trumpet blowers joining just to shift their wares. Perhaps a way to deter these sorts is to allow them to use this facility after xxx amount of posts.

This site 'Pigeonbasics' by nature of its name attracts a lot of new starters who could easily be suckered into buying pigeons that doesn't comply with what it says on the tin and feel a little protection wouldn't go amiss.

I think you are right Tony a measure of control is definitely required

Good post Tony, theirs members joined pb only for one reason, to sell their birds. Some post now and again to try and look as if they want to take part but these guys usually contribute very little to basics and to the sport in general, just take, take, take.