Today's Times And Returns

Darnaway

We are still 18/27 not a feather since 20:30 last night, one reported 17 miles west of the lib site not flown down? think percy must have got in early.

if the pigeons took 5/10 mins to clear then it's ideal for Percy to have a strike, hope yous get some more home. One bad race fks your season!!!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if the pigeons took 5/10 mins to clear then it's ideal for Percy to have a strike, hope yous get some more home. One bad race fks your season!!!

the bulk of your birds left within mins may 150 birds would not clear for about 10 mins

No so much a Disaster then?? :emoticon-0136-giggle: :emoticon-0136-giggle:

The returns looked poor to start with but i would class some of the returns as good ,theres a few like this .

We are still 18/27 not a feather since 20:30 last night, one reported 17 miles west of the lib site not flown down.

Not sure of your weather but we had some heavy downpours in Co down on Sunday.

Blue pied Andrew you posted " Glasgow absolutely shafted again " earlier on now you tell us 38 home from 39 sent by club great. in politics this would be a massive u turn I think.

Retuns in my club are good johno. Loads of people lost up to 50% of there pigeons.My best pal has 33% losses. the thing is its pigeon racing not politics. Saying that politics ruin the pigeon game. FACT.

Retuns in my club are good johno. Loads of people lost up to 50% of there pigeons.My best pal has 33% losses. the thing is its pigeon racing not politics. Saying that politics ruin the pigeon game. FACT.

My Glasgow returns race 1.39/39, race 2. 21/21, race 3. 48/57, race 4. 37/42, race 5. 50/53 race 6. 25/26 total sent 238 total lost 18, this equates to 7.5 % losses, that's good racing in my book.also 7/7 Lanarkshire Wetherby

Edited by Delboy

blue pied " shafted again " " disaster " no mention of politics there. why do people not wait to see the outcome of a race before ploughing in with comments like these. I am all for having your say but continually haranging people who are trying their best does nobody any favours. you start by using numbers and end by using per centages which also confuses the issue. Delboy has 99% returns. You have 100% returns. your club as awhole has over 95% returns. no politics in that. These per centages are facts.

My Glasgow returns race 1.39/39, race 2. 21/21, race 3. 48/57, race 4. 37/42, race 5. 50/53 race 6. 25/26 total sent 238 total lost 18, this equates to 7.5 % losses, that's good racing in my book.

Did you start the season with 238 pigeons?? I myself have also lost 18 racing 1 training from 58 so have lost 31% which in my book is hard going

There are lies, damn lies and statistics. :D :D :D

Aye Andy, and there are plenty of liars in this game m8 but I can guarantee ye, im not one of them.Thats the beauty of ETS, folk see your returns in black n white.

Edited by Delboy

I had 36/46 training. Dropped 10, 78% returns.

30/36 racing. Dropped 6, 83% returns.

30/46 overall. Dropped 16, 65% returns.

Sent 75 racing. Dropped 6, 92% returns.

Sent 225 racing and training. Dropped 16, 93% returns.

End result is since starting the season, I've dropped 16 pigeons, I have 30 left to race and it is still enjoyable. :)

Aye Andy, and there are plenty of liars in this game m8 but I can guarantee ye, im not one of them.Thats the beauty of ETS, folk see your returns in black n white.

Didn't mean you were Derek. What I was referring to was the way statistics can manipulate a situation. It all depends on how you look at it.

You can't ask who is winning a cricket match at half time, because that is a football question and is not relevant to cricket.

The main thing is to enjoy our leisure time. :)

Didn't mean you were Derek. What I was referring to was the way statistics can manipulate a situation. It all depends on how you look at it.

You can't ask who is winning a cricket match at half time, because that is a football question and is not relevant to cricket.

The main thing is to enjoy our leisure time. :)

Your right Andy, enjoy the doos.

kelso ..7 down one back moday

kelso 2..full returns n one from ist kelso

otterburn.. full returns

sedgefield ..lost one

thirsk.. two down

wetherby..6 down

started with 35 16 down but birds been to every race so its been tough racing return ways for me

just to add 6 birds lost were latebreads most of the others went down as ybs or into lofts as soon as question was asked of them,so not too suprised they were first to go

still got the ones i was hoping to have when wee go out a bit but not enough birds togo to the nationals with..but ive had not too bad a season and the main thing is im enjoying the racing

otterburn.. full returns

sedgefield ..lost one

thirsk.. two down

wetherby..6 down

started with 35 16 down but birds been to every race so its been tough racing return ways for me

just to add 6 birds lost were latebreads most of the others went down as ybs or into lofts as soon as question was asked of them,so not too suprised they were first to go

still got the ones i was hoping to have when wee go out a bit but not enough birds togo to the nationals with..but ive had not too bad a season and the main thing is im enjoying the racing

otterburn.. full returns

sedgefield ..lost one

thirsk.. two down

wetherby..6 down

otterburn.. full returns

sedgefield ..lost one

thirsk.. two down

wetherby..6 down

otterburn.. full returns

sedgefield ..lost one

thirsk.. two down

wetherby..6 down

otterburn.. full returns

sedgefield ..lost one

thirsk.. two down

wetherby..6 down

I think this is the most informative way of reporting. Giving the racepoint and losses / returns or returns / send. The only information missing is the distance. It may also be helpful to give the overall convoy amount, liberation time and if multiple liberations, which slot they were libbed on (ie 1st lib / 4).

This is the information that would allow conclusions to be drawn. First lib hit and poor returns, the rest away well no hit, etc. :)

Some strange figures coming out . If you put up your total started and take away what you have lost up untill now thats the percentage .

10 birds loose 5 50% 20 birds loose 5 25% . Have also noticed some parts of the country fair better than others most weeks reading posts on Chat and hear .

Some strange figures coming out . If you put up your total started and take away what you have lost up untill now thats the percentage .

10 birds loose 5 50% 20 birds loose 5 25% . Have also noticed some parts of the country fair better than others most weeks reading posts on Chat and hear .

Quite correct, but some of the other figures give you an attrition rate.

20 birds lose 5 25%, but at what rate were they lost and at what racepoints? Did the convoy size have anything to help / hinder? Likewise the liberation time. These are the facts that would assist when coming to any conclusions.

The dedicated thread probably gives more information and may assist in coming to conclusions. :)