Tic Beans Weevil Holes

eastcoaster

No brainer, I would take them back and get a refund rather than exchanging them as I'm sure they're not the only bags infested at the supplier.

Interesting. I wonder if someone can answer my question as its ages since I used beans. Does the hole mean that the weevil has found a way out and that some of the beans without holes contain weevil ?

Bought 2bags of beans today and found weevil holes in some !

Would you feed them to birds or take them back to supplier .

we had the same bother last year with the guy who we get our beans from he stopped getting them from his supplier,we get our,s from knoxs now,a van goes down once a month,from stirling, :drinking-coffee-200:

I would have thought every fancier would have known the reason behind the hole in a bean for goodness sake. for all you guys that feed beans the facts are. A bean plant grows and forms a flower which developes into a bean pod, meanwhile along comes a beetle which lays an egg within the flower which developes into a pod and is enveloped within a growing bean. As the egg hatches into a weevil it is already encaptured within the bean and its only way out is by eating its escape hence the hole. :huh: :huh: :huh:

Mind another thought ... I like most would take them back and get a refund ... However, a thought here. If the grub is still in the bean, would it be good nutrition / protein for the bird?

I remember reading a very good article from a renowned Vet saying if a pigeon homes, or a stray completely flown out. a small worm down the throat works wonders and replenishes very quickly ... B)

I would have thought every fancier would have known the reason behind the hole in a bean for goodness sake. for all you guys that feed beans the facts are. A bean plant grows and forms a flower which developes into a bean pod, meanwhile along comes a beetle which lays an egg within the flower which developes into a pod and is enveloped within a growing bean. As the egg hatches into a weevil it is already encaptured within the bean and its only way out is by eating its escape hence the hole. :huh: :huh: :huh:

This reminds me of when I worked in the corned beef mine, roof caved in and I had to eat my way out :lol: :lol: