Training

shasha

Barry I started from new roundabout on A7 just near Gorebridge (1.5 mile), Only because I have a couple hens raced as young birds but never raced last year.

I'd say I wasted my time and should have just took them about 15/20 miles. I'd not worry but just take them when not too cold mate. Long season and hammering birds in north cold winds I'd not recommend.

ok thank.

as long as your birds have been doing an hour at home and you dont go to far 25 miles max after a few at 12 or miles you will not have a problem shasha been training december and january for a few years now with latebreds that are only going four or five races then stopped bit of sunshine and good viz and wind not to strong i dont bother about temp and if there fit it dont bother them a 30 min fly is nothing to a pigeon imo

Edited by walterboswell59

Well have you ever taken your birds 10 mile just to get home and the birds are sitting on your roof well after this carry on i have come to the conclusion ,they know where they stay ,if they are flying well at home and are fit 20 mile 1st toss and 3-4 at that and then into first race 60 mls if they cant home from there they are rubbish .

as long as your birds have been doing an hour at home and you dont go to far 25 miles max after a few at 12 or miles you will not have a problem shasha been training december and january for a few years now with latebreds that are only going four or five races then stopped bit of sunshine and good viz and wind not to strong i dont bother about temp and if there fit it dont bother them a 30 min fly is nothing to a pigeon imo

Thanks walter

Barry I started from new roundabout on A7 just near Gorebridge (1.5 mile), Only because I have a couple hens raced as young birds but never raced last year.

I'd say I wasted my time and should have just took them about 15/20 miles. I'd not worry but just take them when not too cold mate. Long season and hammering birds in north cold winds I'd not recommend.

Ok mate cheers

Chees guys :animatedpigeons:

Well have you ever taken your birds 10 mile just to get home and the birds are sitting on your roof well after this carry on i have come to the conclusion ,they know where they stay ,if they are flying well at home and are fit 20 mile 1st toss and 3-4 at that and then into first race 60 mls if they cant home from there they are rubbish .

Agree 100%,if they are unable to get home say its last years ybs and have had no training or racing and been on open hole all the time if they don't know where their loft is after that they are duffers,first and foremost they are homing pigeons,i have not trained or raced ybs for a long time now and they hold their own against birds that were trained and raced hard as ybs,again its only my opinion,the main reason I stopped racing ybs was to find out if it was the best way to stop getting yb sickness plus the rest of the stuff doing the rounds,it works stress free for my ybs and me I love it and so does the ybs.OMO.

Agree 100%,if they are unable to get home say its last years ybs and have had no training or racing and been on open hole all the time if they don't know where their loft is after that they are duffers,first and foremost they are homing pigeons,i have not trained or raced ybs for a long time now and they hold their own against birds that were trained and raced hard as ybs,again its only my opinion,the main reason I stopped racing ybs was to find out if it was the best way to stop getting yb sickness plus the rest of the stuff doing the rounds,it works stress free for my ybs and me I love it and so does the ybs.OMO.

I don't race my YB's and most don't have any training either. They seem to race fairly well as yearlings although I am not hard on them. :)

I don't win races though. :D :D :D