Lankarkshire Times And Expecations Today.

budgie

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no dout the wind was a big factor but i now think also we are not getting a true race from anywhere due to the bop problem many youngbirds are now hiding as soon as bop appears or turning away and might now be wasted for racing as there confidence is gone i agree with frank in that the birds are being hit every few miles from the race point all the way home we watched it happen two weeks ago while waiting on the fed trainers to go over before letting our latebreds up the fed birds were hit three times once at coalburn once at lesmahagow and once at blackwood some birds hit the deck the others kept splitting into smaller and smaller baches some dived into the trees for cover all in the space of about 6 or 8 miles and was told they also got hit that day at elvanfoot soon as they were libbed how can you get a true race when this is happening the birds have no chance we have to stop crying about it and get off our backsides and do something to sort it now soon as racing stops bop will hit anything that moves if everyone does there bit we will help solve a big part of the problem the guys with lofts in rural areas can have a big impact as they have a much better chance to help instead of locking there birds up for the winter they know what needs done as you will be hit first soon as the racing is over only an odd one comes down as far as us in the central belt but as the food source stops with racing they will have to hunt more and more down here the guys up country need to get the finger out to not just the odd one or two that are trying to help come on guys dont let them kill our sport help us ps instead of locking up lock out

Edited by walterboswell59

Guest Gareth Rankin

:emoticon-0138-thinking: Were all aswell getting show doos based on your 10mph, 90% of races will have gusting winds over 10mph

Well increase it to MAX 15 get out of the West Pennie Route and start using the Fed Transporter to Cater for all.

???

25/37 only 1 this morning, time yet for a few more

Got 1 about 10 this morning that's me 4 from 8 totally gutted the 4 am waiting on have had at least 6 races each and never slept out 1 has won 2 races can't understand it at all even a strong wind out of all the races we've had the second you could say was easy but the rest have been much the same velocity wise could it be 1 too many ????

no dout the wind was a big factor but i now think also we are not getting a true race from anywhere due to the bop problem many youngbirds are now hiding as soon as bop appears or turning away and might now be wasted for racing as there confidence is gone i agree with frank in that the birds are being hit every few miles from the race point all the way home we watched it happen two weeks ago while waiting on the fed trainers to go over before letting our latebreds up the fed birds were hit three times once at coalburn once at lesmahagow and once at blackwood some birds hit the deck the others kept splitting into smaller and smaller baches some dived into the trees for cover all in the space of about 6 or 8 miles and was told they also got hit that day at elvanfoot soon as they were libbed how can you get a true race when this is happening the birds have no chance we have to stop crying about it and get off our backsides and do something to sort it now soon as racing stops bop will hit anything that moves if everyone does there bit we will help solve a big part of the problem the guys with lofts in rural areas can have a big impact as they have a much better chance to help instead of locking there birds up for the winter they know what needs done as you will be hit first soon as the racing is over only an odd one comes down as far as us in the central belt but as the food source stops with racing they will have to hunt more and more down here the guys up country need to get the finger out to not just the odd one or two that are trying to help come on guys dont let them kill our sport help us ps instead of locking up lock out

I agree, as I said in another thread Walter, ONE DAY SORTS IT if everyone played the game.

The prevailing West wind(Gusting between24/30mph) killed off the race. In future we should have something in place for youngsters ANYTHING ABOVE 10 mph Due West for youngsters should be held -over.

The late Andy Durning instructed me when race controlling that never liberate Y/B if the wind is above 20mph and 30mph for O/B.

It needs the hierarchy to sort it Walter, its easily done but with the sense pigeon fanciers have got, then its a bit harder!! ps. just got my 26th doo.

Don't know why you think this Derek, with forums like this and social media sites anyone can organise anything if they have the will to do it. The hierarchy are busy running everything else the fanciers want done.

Don't know why you think this Derek, with forums like this and social media sites anyone can organise anything if they have the will to do it. The hierarchy are busy running everything else the fanciers want done.

John, ye don't need to tell me about running things and running after every cant, I did it for years, but as the saying goes''if ye want something done, ask a busy man'' .Anyway,my idea will never take off or happen because there are too many contrary fkers in the pigeon sport to try and sort things. I said to one top pigeon fancier about this and he said ye cant do that, ye cant put stuff on pigeons if the fancier doesn't want it.I said, then the fancier doesn't send to the race.He said, ye cant stop them sending.I said, ye take the race out the averages.He said, ye cant do that. CONTRARY AS FEK. It does my head in that just one day would put us almost back to where pigeon racing used to be in the 70s 80s. :emoticon-0179-headbang:

John, ye don't need to tell me about running things and running after every cant, I did it for years, but as the saying goes''if ye want something done, ask a busy man'' .Anyway,my idea will never take off or happen because there are too many contrary fkers in the pigeon sport to try and sort things. I said to one top pigeon fancier about this and he said ye cant do that, ye cant put stuff on pigeons if the fancier doesn't want it.I said, then the fancier doesn't send to the race.He said, ye cant stop them sending.I said, ye take the race out the averages.He said, ye cant do that. CONTRARY AS FEK. It does my head in that just one day would put us almost back to where pigeon racing used to be in the 70s 80s. :emoticon-0179-headbang:

Your spot on Del , I was in a group conversation last year at Blackpool including 2 rpra officials and straight away they both said they would not support any kind of revenge against bop !! ,

I have no late breds but will gladly breed my first round for a mass liberation in the new year or before .

Your spot on Del , I was in a group conversation last year at Blackpool including 2 rpra officials and straight away they both said they would not support any kind of revenge against bop !! ,

I have no late breds but will gladly breed my first round for a mass liberation in the new year or before .

Ave got a loft full of late bred birds that unfortunately slipped their rings in the nest ye can have as many as ye want Colin. !!!

John, is Uttoxeter still on next week. I canny get a hold of big G to ask him and I tried to pm ye but yer box is full.

eek

when some if not a lot don't send to Ypres etc we all don't say is Ypres off next week can we got to lockarbriggs next week instead.

stick to the vote. and get on with it.

its not budgies we race

eek

when some if not a lot don't send to Ypres etc we all don't say is Ypres off next week can we got to lockarbriggs next week instead.

stick to the vote. and get on with it.

its not budgies we race

HAHAH expletive remove I had 37 at yer race yesterday and im not in yer fed lol.I will send to Uttox too and the yb National and any other *expletive removed* race that comes up lol.

HAHAH expletive remove I had 37 at yer race yesterday and im not in yer fed lol.I will send to Uttox too and the yb National and any other *expletive removed* race that comes up lol.

You would be better sending to the SNRPC YBN instead of Uttoxerter then the SNFC YBN the following week,2 races rather than one mate