Drug Tests

philg50

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my exact point how the hell can anyone buying a product continiously look for all this on labels

i cant even say half the words

we would all have to get secretary

surely its down the the companies that are selling to make sure the product is fit for racing pigeons and rules

or maybe the products that are ok should carry a label approved by such and such a board for british pigeon racing

theres one thing for sure wont be easy to do test for all these individual product

and if so it would cost a fortune

i kmow on working sites they test randomly for ap to 8 drugs and that cost a fortune

sure is a mine field

no easy solution

my exact point how the hell can anyone buying a product continiously look for all this on labels

i cant even say half the words

we would all have to get secretary

surely its down the the companies that are selling to make sure the product is fit for racing pigeons and rules

or maybe the products that are ok should carry a label approved by such and such a board for british pigeon racing

theres one thing for sure wont be easy to do test for all these individual product

and if so it would cost a fortune

i kmow on working sites they test randomly for ap to 8 drugs and that cost a fortune

sure is a mine field

no easy solution

Just as I say how can anyone police that it's a joke and any of the cheats see that they will know that plus that list might just let them know a few more now

Your right Frank,thats the message that I have tried to get over since this topic started,too many times have I seen various rules passed at club level that were unworkable and just fell by the wayside after a short period of time.One thing that I did notice when reading through the SANPO documents were birds competing from a"One Loft Race"being treated can be given banned substances as it would be deemed fair because all were treated and would therefore be on equal terms....interesting,why dont we just open it right up and let members give their birds anything that they want ? Before I get lambasted for even mentioning such a thing,I dont for a minute believe it would make a difference as to who are winning at present and who are the also rans.....JBC/..

Think you are right here

To give a 'performance enhancing' substance to a pigeon that isn't immaculately bred, 100% fit, healthy and motivated would be futile.

As for 'doping' and some fanciers perceptions of it. I doubt that it's even possible in pigeon racing - especially from national races in recent times where the birds can be in the baskets for anything between two days to a week.

I must say that I did not realize that any drug that masks pain is a banned substance....here is a senario for one to ponder

one of your birds is attacked by a bop,not to serious but blood is drawn,first thing you do is clean up the wound,perhaps spread on some antiseptic substance,perhaps you take it to vet who because he will probably not have a clue but he will give,at a cost an antibiotic.......BANG goes your banned substance free pigeon,how can you control such things.....you cant most of us would give a injured bird any substance if it relieved the pain.....

Think you are right here

To give a 'performance enhancing' substance to a pigeon that isn't immaculately bred, 100% fit, healthy and motivated would be futile.

As for 'doping' and some fanciers perceptions of it. I doubt that it's even possible in pigeon racing - especially from national races in recent times where the birds can be in the baskets for anything between two days to a week.

Lewis

You changed your mind since Blackpool.

I must say that I did not realize that any drug that masks pain is a banned substance....here is a senario for one to ponder

one of your birds is attacked by a bop,not to serious but blood is drawn,first thing you do is clean up the wound,perhaps spread on some antiseptic substance,perhaps you take it to vet who because he will probably not have a clue but he will give,at a cost an antibiotic.......BANG goes your banned substance free pigeon,how can you control such things.....you cant most of us would give a injured bird any substance if it relieved the pain.....

this is a stupid comment , why would you be sending a bird thats badly injured enough to warrant v treatment by a vet to a race the following week . Any treatments would be well gone by the time you got the bird back into race condition which wouldnt be 7 days latter . The list is to stop birds being sent to the races full of it!!! not to stop birds from getting the required medical attention .

this is a stupid comment , why would you be sending a bird thats badly injured enough to warrant v treatment by a vet to a race the following week . Any treatments would be well gone by the time you got the bird back into race condition which wouldnt be 7 days latter . The list is to stop birds being sent to the races full of it!!! not to stop birds from getting the required medical attention .

sorry I am not a toxicologist so therefore I cannot say how long traces of various substances would remain in the blood stream,but if you read tambla 51 post he stated his whole loft was tested.......

Think you are right here

Exactly Lewis I will give you the most enhancement drug used in the pigeon sport and would virtually guarantee that every fancier trying with birds has is using it it's called HEMP. Seed but it's release to the bird is over 24 hrs so no good above say 200 Mls different oils have a different release time so can be used for som longer races but I don't know of any that would last say 3/4 days so are these a banned substance. NO why

sorry I am not a toxicologist so therefore I cannot say how long traces of various substances would remain in the blood stream,but if you read tambla 51 post he stated his whole loft was tested.......

neither am i but you would not be sending a bird to a race thats injured so wouldnt matter what the vet gave it . I know what you trying to say that circumstances could dictate what a birds had or dosent have , but most birds injured bad enough will be out of the race team for a while