Aniseed Powder

PigeonDetective

Although aniseed oil or powder will help your birds to trap, to me it is a cop out on your part. Pigeons should be properly trained to trap confidently because it is an essential part of their lives as racers.

Although aniseed oil or powder will help your birds to trap, to me it is a cop out on your part. Pigeons should be properly trained to trap confidently because it is an essential part of their lives as racers.

i agree somewhat with owen but you can get your birds in a routine that they get a treat when entering the loft so you don't have to let them out two hungry, and leave them out the same amount of time every time so as they are not just sat about waiting for a treat ,then after so long when when they are trapping how you like when you like wean them of it slowly till they a trapping purely by rountine.

All the best Mark

• 2 weeks later...

If they are trapping well dont confuse them anymore stick with it ass lojg as they know whats coming if they dont trapvlock them out

If they are trapping well dont confuse them anymore stick with it ass lojg as they know whats coming if they dont trapvlock them out

JAM, why do you think they are such a risk, and what are the affects on pigeons with I believe the fungus?

sorry Wiley just seen this now the only peanuts I would use are red skin or crack them from the shells as regards the fungus i can't auctally say if it causes big damage or not only what im reading apart from that feeding so many peanuts wouldn't be good when racing depending on your feeding program even though peanuts have a high fat content which is great for energy they also have a high protein content and protein can hinder the storage of fats