Fraserburgh Open Race

willjohnstone

After a holdover yesterday is the weather any better this morning.Ayrshire n/road convoyed by NRCC.

low cloud and cold in aberdeen 40 miles south of fraserburgh

exactly the same as yesterday

ive just downloaded the weather forecast from metnet4g web site for fraserburgh and reads like this

between 9am & 3pm

scattered broken cloud and sunshine

light to moderate breeze easterly 3 to 9 mph

humidity 72%

thunder: none

precipitation: none

temp:11*

air pressure: 1020 hpa

john

animatedpigeons.gif

NRCC Sorry to report this that hundreds of your birds are flying in large batches and have not cleared the race point ?????

sh1t Walter!!! Why did they let ours go 30 minutes later. Our convoy of 65 will be swallowed up when theirs decide to go.

Keep us informed when they do finally clear.

sh1t Walter!!! Why did they let ours go 30 minutes later. Our convoy of 65 will be swallowed up when theirs decide to go.

Keep us informed when they do finally clear.

Was at liberation. There were no NRCC birds visable in sky when Ayrshire birds were libbed but just after they were libbed a batch of about 100 nrcc birds appeared high up ! these did not put off the Ayrshire birds and they cleared out of sight in no time

Was at liberation. There were no NRCC birds visable in sky when Ayrshire birds were libbed but just after they were libbed a batch of about 100 nrcc birds appeared high up ! these did not put off the Ayrshire birds and they cleared out of sight in no time

Thanks, that's a relief.

Many a true word spoke in jest, got my first one today:emoticon-0127-lipssealed:

Yes Tony, I heard you had a bad race. I had 2 from 4 for clocks and a 3rd one when I arrived home. An NRCC bird had came in with my 3rd one. When I made contact with the fella he said it was a stiff one. I believe your birds go out to sea when flying south, so perhaps they hit some haar. Our birds fly inland, so maybe that's why we had a better race.

Hope you get the rest, if you are still waiting for some.