Scottish Fanciers Self Destructing

That is why we as members of the solway federation have voted at our agm that this season 2013 we will race from the south coast giving members a chance to get there yearlings to 300 plus miles without being dragged all over ,sure for the fanciers who send all there yearlings to the nationals by all means that is there choice alone but by the vote at the agm it carried well .

This has been reported on the Ayrshire website and is being viewed with interest. Hopefully an arrangement will be arrived at between both feds.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peter im only saying my thoughts, hope no offence is taken. Race horses trained here, they will race the same courses throughout there lives and have jockeys to guide them.

our pigeons need training, mostly to get them on a line and keep fit. They either have homing instinct or they dont.

just my thoughts

Mick

This is the point Mick, the birds are not getting a line, but are being dragged all over the place. The longer they are out there the more chance that BOP are going to have them.

The trouble lies with having too many federations, breakaways that have their own agendas and make joint convoying for coastal racing an impossibility.All because they don't want to go with such and such.Some areas have members racing in as many as four organsisations where there used to be just one.

The small feds have become reliant on the likes of the SNFC to give them coast racing as many of the members will refuse to fly against members across the road from them.

Very disturbung and I know many of them like to think its for a good cause they are breaking away,but the deep routed issue is they want to win races.Not sure if its arrogance on their part or naivety but they are happier to win in a mickey mouse organisation rather than finish 2nd or even last in strong competetion. They are only kidding themselves and those in a similar mind set.

Part of this self destruct nature Peter has highlighted is not just through too many organisations but the in fighting amongst them.

Too many people believe everything they hear.They are influenced by a minority who take pleasure in circulating empty rumours and things they want to believe.

If adjacent organisations were to group together there would be no need for inland nationals and fanciers could enjoy coastal racing on a much leveler playing field.

Lewis At least someboady is on the correct wave band people wanting ta think they have better birds and they are not out o site o the loft in collecting a national trophy

I thought and still think that the Solway/Lanarkshire joint race was a great idea Steven bur as you will probably know there is a quite noisy opposition to the concept from some prominent fanciers in the Solway

Perhaps these prominent fanciers along with many others were aggrieved and disappointed with the fact that the idea of the young bird race was discussed on here and literaly signed sealed and delivered without them knowing about

Well maybe you`re right Chris but it did not happen as you describe.However having my fingers burnt on that one it may be some time before I participate on discussions on pigeon websites again.I would rather be shot for doing something than doing nothing.Its getting too hot for me in this paticular kitchen

Well maybe you`re right Chris but it did not happen as you describe.However having my fingers burnt on that one it may be some time before I participate on discussions on pigeon websites again.I would rather be shot for doing something than doing nothing.Its getting too hot for me in this paticular kitchen

Walter if you want to have yer say on here pal just you say it...At the end of the day you are only telling it like you see it anyway....

[='novo10' date=12 January 2013 - 18:33 PM' timestamp='1358015598' post='805246]

ur at it again the west routes the best

it might be best for some but it aint best for the doos novo its called consideration, mate ask any fancier in the lanarkshire this was not done to win races, and for by the wee macs have proved that. they win no mater the side they fly

yes true but not as often

Scottish football is in the doldrums. Its broken and needs fixing so what do the people who run the game do ? Well they dont ask the punters who go through the turnstiles for sure and to me this is the attitude of our Federation officials who are placed to run our sport by us and in all of my personal experience our leaders dont want to listen to the fanciers who elected them. At Fed Committee meetings its my club has more members than yours so you will not be telling us what you want. Combine meetings its all about point scoring and much the same, Our transporter is better than yours so we are taking ours or we have to hire our vehicle and if we dont use them they will not supply us next week. All Federation officials are at it which is why we are on a downward spiral cause its broken and needs fixed.

Transporters going down the road half empty or half full whichever way you want to look at it is disastrous and pushes prices up SO what are we prepared to do about it because we need a plan and it has to be implemented at the earliest opportunity.

Football suporters we are told stay away from games which are meaningless and pointless. What have we been doing for years ? exactly the same. Can anyone explain to me why we send birds to 150, 180, 200, 230,250 miles after all they are totally meaningless races as far as I am concerned.

Food for Thought = Federation races at 100 miles alternate weeks. Combine races every second week starting 150 miles so the Federation is basicaly a training vehicle at 100 miles and the Combine can run a full transporter down the road to a race programme. Oh yes you can please yourself about SNFC inland races but the Combines should look after themselves and go to the coast with all birds on the transporters returning to a local area.

As far as I am concerned all fanciers are getting what they want whether sprint, distance or schooling and I am of the opinion that losses will be reduced as birds wont be getting dragged all over the U.K.

This is the method employed by the GGDC and races are organised by the BICC extremely successfuly.

Scottish football is in the doldrums. Its broken and needs fixing so what do the people who run the game do ? Well they dont ask the punters who go through the turnstiles for sure and to me this is the attitude of our Federation officials who are placed to run our sport by us and in all of my personal experience our leaders dont want to listen to the fanciers who elected them. At Fed Committee meetings its my club has more members than yours so you will not be telling us what you want. Combine meetings its all about point scoring and much the same, Our transporter is better than yours so we are taking ours or we have to hire our vehicle and if we dont use them they will not supply us next week. All Federation officials are at it which is why we are on a downward spiral cause its broken and needs fixed.

Transporters going down the road half empty or half full whichever way you want to look at it is disastrous and pushes prices up SO what are we prepared to do about it because we need a plan and it has to be implemented at the earliest opportunity.

Football suporters we are told stay away from games which are meaningless and pointless. What have we been doing for years ? exactly the same. Can anyone explain to me why we send birds to 150, 180, 200, 230,250 miles after all they are totally meaningless races as far as I am concerned.

Food for Thought = Federation races at 100 miles alternate weeks. Combine races every second week starting 150 miles so the Federation is basicaly a training vehicle at 100 miles and the Combine can run a full transporter down the road to a race programme. Oh yes you can please yourself about SNFC inland races but the Combines should look after themselves and go to the coast with all birds on the transporters returning to a local area.

As far as I am concerned all fanciers are getting what they want whether sprint, distance or schooling and I am of the opinion that losses will be reduced as birds wont be getting dragged all over the U.K.

This is the method employed by the GGDC and races are organised by the BICC extremely successfuly.

good post Peter , your better on the drink , have another hawf :emoticon-0167-beer:

Like the idea of it with the one consideration. I have heard it spoken of as a no go area across the country, around the border area and south for about 50 miles. As long as the 100 mile races were not in this area, it could work. Sprinters get fortnightly 100 mile races and Middle Distance is catered for by the Combine. The Distance fanciers use this to train their younger birds and the Nationals are there for the real test. 500 mile + distance birds would start to re-appear.