What Do You Use?

Guest Dublin lofts

NONE

NONE AND

NONE

i WILL GET THE BIRDS CHECKED IN A COUPLE OF WEEKS AND I WILL TREET IF I NEED TO :emoticon-0167-beer:

ALF were do you get your birds checked m8 and wat it cost,

Guest Dublin lofts

I TRY TO CHANGE IT MOST YEARS PAT THIS YEAR I AM HOPING TO USE JOHN WATERS AGAIN MATE I HAVE ALWAYS FOUND HIM VERY HELPFUL AND ALWAYS VERY TRUTHFUL :emoticon-0167-beer:

OK ALF,CAN YOU PM ME HIS INFO M8

NONE

NONE AND

NONE

same here alan they get nowt but i do like to give them the one spot on the back o the neck before pairing

can you tell me why one spot and nout else?

no treatments here other than worms,,,but why one spot for worms?

Mick

Guest geordiejen

i coxied them all last week,then i will worm them early january.hopefully i can get most of the birds to lay there eggs then i will canker them when they are on eggs.i dont have any problems with any of these ailments but as we all know the young have no immune system and whilst all adults can harbour these things and some cocci and canker is beneficial to the squabs in small dozes you can never be sure how much of what the adults have.a small point in getting your birds checked before breeding can be a false check as all these ailments cannot be guaranteed to come up in the droppings check.firstly worm eggs are laid by the adult but not constantly,cocci eggs are laid in the morning droppings but not every day and canker can only be diagnosed by a crop flush.i got a droppings test done last year and it came back clear.low ande behold the birds had a dose of infectous guitar.i will spellit that way cos i canny spell it the proper way.has anyone had good results from a droppings test?

i coxied them all last week,then i will worm them early january.hopefully i can get most of the birds to lay there eggs then i will canker them when they are on eggs.i dont have any problems with any of these ailments but as we all know the young have no immune system and whilst all adults can harbour these things and some cocci and canker is beneficial to the squabs in small dozes you can never be sure how much of what the adults have.a small point in getting your birds checked before breeding can be a false check as all these ailments cannot be guaranteed to come up in the droppings check.firstly worm eggs are laid by the adult but not constantly,cocci eggs are laid in the morning droppings but not every day and canker can only be diagnosed by a crop flush.i got a droppings test done last year and it came back clear.low ande behold the birds had a dose of infectous guitar.i will spellit that way cos i canny spell it the proper way.has anyone had good results from a droppings test?

Yes Geordie have had good tests come back , but I collect the mornings droppings and take a bird in to be tested so everything fresh :) I'd rather test than give treatments unnecessarily , young birds don't have any immunity that's correct and should be given that from the parents , I can't see how treating the parents actually helps the young birds at all in fact I think it sets them back as parents stripped of vital antibodies in there milk . There are no treatments in nature the birds cope with the stress daily life brings no big queues by feral's at the vets waiting for there junkie fix , birds that are healthy and don't need propping up with meds are always going to breed the healthiest young birds , nature ensures the breeds survival by design and evolution , if your a bird in the wild and your ailing your dead just that in a loft situation a good fancier will speed the end result up .

I get their droppings tested once - at this time of year. Rather than blind treatment I want to know exactly what I've got and what I ain't. Haven't needed to treat for anything the last 2 years. When they did need treated, the vet supplied the meds. I think the cost for that was around £12, plus £12.50 for the test.

I reckon that the less treatments you give the birds the better. It is just the same as human medicine because any treatment has side affects and if your not very careful you will need to treat the treatment. However, I always check my birds with the microscope and I will deal with what I find. I will leave a small amount of cocci untreated but I will not tolerate worms or canker at all. I never have repiritory or yeast these days so I don't have to worry about either of those. The one thing that I am very strict about is the paramixo vaccination. My old birds are treated before they are paired or raced and my youngsters are treated twice.

I reckon that the less treatments you give the birds the better. It is just the same as human medicine because any treatment has side affects and if your not very careful you will need to treat the treatment. However, I always check my birds with the microscope and I will deal with what I find. I will leave a small amount of cocci untreated but I will not tolerate worms or canker at all. I never have repiritory or yeast these days so I don't have to worry about either of those. The one thing that I am very strict about is the paramixo vaccination. My old birds are treated before they are paired or raced and my youngsters are treated twice.

What about Paratyphoid owen?

I never treat for paratyphoid

and really don't see the need to inless you have it

I remember few years ago sat in a winter show and the famous preace bros were sat there they have won 13 welsh nationals and they said when you start treating or jabbing for paratyphoid its time to start again there words ya asking for trouble when you start this

ive never done it never had any issues by not doing it