Long Distance Race

leszek

Hi, how far you send (race) pigeons ? I had a chance to send my pigeons to Poland, I sent 3 cocks , two of them returned after around one week, distance was 1000 miles.

thats a good bird to get home after a 1000 miles of racing. hear is a link to some of the distance races members on hear in scotland race. just click on link.

http://www.snfc.co.uk/Result.aspx

It was a private race, just sent 3 pigeons to Poland (one of my friend was driving there), they rested 2 days in a cage and then back home. Weather wasn't great, very hot + storms, but they made it. Still waiting for 3th one.

• 2 weeks later...

It was a private race, just sent 3 pigeons to Poland (one of my friend was driving there), they rested 2 days in a cage and then back home. Weather wasn't great, very hot + storms, but they made it. Still waiting for 3th one.

Think your at the madam m8 lol

Leszek I dont know if this is a wind up? But it takes a brave pigeon to do that 1000 miles

as a single up you might say ? it also takes someone with a great ability to fly birds of this calabre

so let me be one of the first to congradulate you

on what can only be described as fantastic ?? PS hope you dont mind me asking what are the breeding of the birds ie strain,, great flying by any standards

regards peter

Leszek I dont know if this is a wind up? But it takes a brave pigeon to do that 1000 miles

as a single up you might say ? it also takes someone with a great ability to fly birds of this calabre

so let me be one of the first to congradulate you

on what can only be described as fantastic ?? PS hope you dont mind me asking what are the breeding of the birds ie strain,, great flying by any standards

regards peter

One pigeon is 5 years old, another is 4 , last year they (and one another pigeon which is missing this time) flew 600 from this direction (german-poland border, so they had some training from that direction (they had also a few flights from Belgium and Holland in previous years) .

It took about 8=10 days to come home (I was on holiday so not sure when they returned) so it isn't the world record but still they made me happy.