Pigeons Attacked By Birds Of Prey

Guest GAV

Guest lambrechts31

[Hi everyone does anyone have any photo,s of birds of prey attacking racing pigeons, if so could you please post them to me,i am having a debate with a member of the rspb your help would be appreciated thankyou...

Guest lambrechts31

WHAT A DEATH. THAT REALLY SHOCKED ME,CANT IMAGINE WHAT THAT POOR PIGEON WAS GOING THROUGH DISGUSTING I THINK IF THAT WAS ME FILMING THAT I WOULD HAVE BUTTED IN SORRY I DONT CARE IF IT HAD YOUNG TO FEED ..

Guest Gareth Rankin

Videos like this should be used for the benefit of pigeon fanciers and lovers of songbirds.

Play that video on a TV stand in every shopping centre in the uk and im sure that people would stop making donations to the RSPB.

Would have took pleasure shooting sparrow hawk

aye and SHOW THE FECKIN JUDGE THE VIDEO THERES THOUSANDS LIKE THAT ONE EVERY DAY WHY PROTECT THESE KILLERS THEY SHOULD BE LIKE THE FOX TAILES

A TRAP OR NET DOESENT TAKE UP MUCH ROOM AND I CAN TELL YOU THEY DO SHIFT THEM BUT YOU NEED A LOT O FANCIERS CATCHING THEM TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE YOUVE SEEN THE VIDEO START AND REDUCE THEM SPARROWS ITS EASY BUT PERIGANS DIFFERENT STORY ---- BUT SURLY THE UNIONS COULD MAKE A LOT O DIFFERENCE GETTING THAT VIDEO ON PRIME TIME TV TO LET YOUNGSTERS SEE WHAT THIS RSPB IS ALL ABOUT AND THAT LITTLE DOVE TOLD ITS OWN HORRIFIC STORY EATEN ALIVE AND A WAN--R FILMING IT ITS A WEARD OLD WORLD

WHAT A DEATH. THAT REALLY SHOCKED ME,CANT IMAGINE WHAT THAT POOR PIGEON WAS GOING THROUGH DISGUSTING I THINK IF THAT WAS ME FILMING THAT I WOULD HAVE BUTTED IN SORRY I DONT CARE IF IT HAD YOUNG TO FEED ..

watched this cruelty hopin sombody wiz gontae scud it wae good 3by 2 didnae happen :cry-blow:

Guest lambrechts31

sawds law i bring up this topic, and 1 of my youngsters came back this morning after being missing for 2 days with clawed chest, and his nest mate is still missing, devestated, dont know how other fancier cope with hole teams missing ?

sawds law i bring up this topic, and 1 of my youngsters came back this morning after being missing for 2 days with clawed chest, and his nest mate is still missing, devestated, dont know how other fancier cope with hole teams missing ?

that why i never pick favs anymore bound to get a slap of a hawk :emoticon-0179-headbang: :emoticon-0179-headbang:

Don't have the stomach to watch stuff like that, and certainly wouldn't / couldn't film it. I had a sparrowhawk in my garden on top of one of my birds only once, and it flew off before I could introduce it to my right boot. I wouldn't / couldn't stand back and just let it happen.

Don't have the stomach to watch stuff like that, and certainly wouldn't / couldn't film it. I had a sparrowhawk in my garden on top of one of my birds only once, and it flew off before I could introduce it to my right boot. I wouldn't / couldn't stand back and just let it happen.

a lot of the time they will come back too see if there kill is still there ;)

a lot of the time they will come back too see if there kill is still there ;)

No kill here JAM :emoticon-0157-sun: Happened a few years back, was calling OBs in, saw that some were still out so came outside to see where they were - was nothing on roof, then when I looked towards the end of loft I saw an adult female sparrowhawk sitting on top of a yearling hen in the garden. Hen was on it's side and, I thought, dead. Stood frozen for a millisecond then took a step toward them and sparrowhawk flew off. Then the pigeon got up and flew off behind it. Got the 5 birds in shortly after that, but the whole business left me well shaken-up. Nothing like that has happened since.