Snfc Clermont

JohnQuinn

am chuffed my wee dark cock got a good ticket thats 6 now in 2 years, hes scored in every national hes been enterd in. 2 channel and 4 inland :emoticon-0137-clapping: :emoticon-0137-clapping: :emoticon-0137-clapping:

Chuffed for you m8, well done, will be watching for this cock next seasonhttp://forum.pigeonbasics.org/public/style_emoticons/default/emoticon-0137-clapping.gifhttp://forum.pigeonbasics.org/public/style_emoticons/default/emoticon-0137-clapping.gifhttp://forum.pigeonbasics.org/public/style_emoticons/default/emoticon-0137-clapping.gif

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to see a fantastic race for the SNFC from France, just like the races we use to get back in the eighties, long may it continue.

Well done to Stevie Aitchison who is one of the good guys, also to all the section winners including the Hood's silver award winner.

cheers gareth,wee touch of the rankin blood in this doo, ;) say hello to your dad from me and old jock big guy. :) :)

Guest Gareth Rankin

cheers gareth,wee touch of the rankin blood in this doo, ;) say hello to your dad from me and old jock big guy. :) :)

Will pass on your regards to Dad, cheers

Good to see a fantastic race for the SNFC from France, just like the races we use to get back in the eighties, long may it continue.

Well done to Stevie Aitchison who is one of the good guys, also to all the section winners including the Hood's silver award winner.

Canny believe you of all people writing this Gareth.

Hearing of quite a few still missing from the race.

Also the online result has quite a few errors

Some got good returns and some didnt Chris but alot never got a feather. I personally had poor returns 2/6 ( mind ye I wasnt expecting 2 of them )

i sent the best doo in my ducket thought it would be a waste of time sending anymore as none of them would compete with her .i was pasing back and for my back garden on friday night determined i was going to get her and be well up on the result .as it turned out i never got her and was on suicide watch all weekend but sht happens theres always next year .hopefully get a little bit more luck than i did this year :cry-blow: :cry-blow: :cry-blow:

Why Honest Boy, John ??

no great reason del,honest doo really, :) :) he has scored in the fed, midland fed open and clubs (KIRKY REMEMBER THOSE DAYS) :lol: he even won a couple of quid in bonnybridge :lol: :lol:has got 4 nat tickets in his last 5 races,so took a while for him to get the hang of it. :) :) :)

I doubt if 50% are home from what I have heard. Will there be an enquiry into this race? Once again I think many pigeons are not in the UK

Strange race that looks brilliant on paper but no great back up after the first batch.A wee bit like Messac but not nearly as bad.

Hard lines Derek, hope they show up for you and as always an honest answer from you regarding your returns.Sounds like it wasn't that good a race then

This is a pet hate of mine Chris, people saying they have birds home when they havent.They are kidding themselves on. Losers , not only of pigeons but in general.

I often wonder , on a lot of fanciers own admission, why they send birds which they know are not up to the job, ie 500 mile racing. Personally I think it does the convoy of birds no good whatsoever , cani get my head round fanciers sending birds they more or less know they will never see again, just to make there number of entries look good on marking night.

My own opinion is that there will be a lot of birds timed in from Ypres that are now lost from Clermont and yes I know there will be fanciers out there that have birds that have scored from both races and these are very good birds indeed but Ypres is a different ball game to Clermont.

What’s the answer………….not got a clue, but will keep on trying in this sport where there are more low’s than high’s…….

I often wonder , on a lot of fanciers own admission, why they send birds which they know are not up to the job, ie 500 mile racing. Personally I think it does the convoy of birds no good whatsoever , cani get my head round fanciers sending birds they more or less know they will never see again, just to make there number of entries look good on marking night.

My own opinion is that there will be a lot of birds timed in from Ypres that are now lost from Clermont and yes I know there will be fanciers out there that have birds that have scored from both races and these are very good birds indeed but Ypres is a different ball game to Clermont.

What’s the answer………….not got a clue, but will keep on trying in this sport where there are more low’s than high’s…….

Ive never sent a pigeon to a 500 ml race that is not in super condition and health. Most are bred for the job in my loft so it is up to them to prove themselves when they are sent, whether or not they have scored at club/fed level beforehand. Ive had many, many pigeons not ever in the clock until they go to the distance races and you send your birds to these races because there is always a wee gem comes through that you didnt expect.