Newcastle United

Tony C

Newcastle have parted company with Chris Hughton and are looking to appoint a new boss with 'more managerial experience'.

Despite the well-respected Hughton leading the Magpies back into the Premier League at the first time of asking, his services have now been dispensed with following Sunday's 3-1 defeat at West Brom.

The Tyneside club are currently sat in 11th place in the table and enjoyed a 5-1 derby romp against bitter local rivals Sunderland this term, stunned Arsenal at Emirates Stadium and held champions Chelsea on home turf.

http://img.skysports.com/10/11/218x298/Hughton-Chris_2521818.jpgHughton: Newcastle exit

Absolutely ridiculous, they was talking about this some weeks back even after they had a number of terrific wins. I felt he was doing an excellent job, i think he would have kept Newcastle well up, Shame but least he has proved himself as the front man, im sure he will get a better job, if Harry does become the England manager in 2012, id Welcome Chris back to the lane, he didn't disappoint as a player and never disappointed as Assistant Manager to Martin Jol!!

:spurs:

Shockingly disgraceful

Nothing Mike Ashley does is surprising though the guy is a bloody volcano that erupts and screws things up non stop.

Chris Hughton has done a fantastic job with very limited resources and brought out the best in players that really should at best be Championship level.

The problem is whilst we keep dipping money into pockets for tickets, shirts etc the clown will stay there milking the club for every penny he can!

O'Neill or Martin Jol to take over - More likely to get Peter Taylor or Gary Megson :cry-blow::mad::(

Guest The main Mahon

Another idiotic decision from the deluded Mike Ashley.

Newcastle really do have ideas above their station.

Hughton was doing a very good job and I reckon Newcastle would have finished around mid table this season, which is good considering their squad.

I would PMSL if Newcastle now drop like a stone down the league, it is what Ashley deserves (not the fans).

I'm sure the Newcastle fans must be as bewildered as the rest of us at this decision.

The Ajax manager has just left by mutual consent...............You don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to see who will be getting the job ;-)

Newcastle record takes some believing regards managers.

The best that they can / could realistically hope for is a place in Europe.

Bobby Robson done that, and more... and got the sack!

Obviously Martin O'Niel is tailor made for such a club.

But as his track record proves he has a mpral side and is a very loyal person to his bosses... Don't think he'd be interest in Newcasle as their sacking / loyalty recond stiks to high heavon.

http://img.skysports.com/10/12/218x298/Alan-Pardew1_2538340.jpgPardew:IY IS BELIEVSD Alan Pardew is the leading candidate to succeed Chris Hughton as manager of Newcastle United. Tipped for Newcastle

Edited by sapper756

Pardew:IY IS BELIEVSD Alan Pardew is the leading candidate to succeed Chris Hughton as manager of Newcastle United. Tipped for Newcastle

I was surprised when Southampton sacked him, from rumours heard I don't think it was football related