Lanarkshire Agm Next Week 16Th Oct

Guest bigda

You mention Wetherby yb race 09 Andy, well for me it was a perfect day for flying pigeons and what happened was freakish. Imo, I think a jet has went through the birds and frazzled most of them as I got 2 back this year with their feathers all burnt. I ended up with 13/26, not great but not that bad compared to most. The returns in this race came down to one thing, LUCK. I think talking about east and west again is crazy unless the west route was cleared of Bop. Yes, there are Bop everywhere but the pigeons cant get away from them down the A74 because of the hills and valleys.

wise words delboy ;)

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here are you tellin me that yous did not take a hit on the west side , just wait till yous go down west , then it will an other egm ? ;);)

john we lost 7 out of 36 at worcester nothing early doors with old birds dropped about 36 young birds between club and national now up 2 14/23 out young bird national ;);):P:D

Guest Gareth Rankin

derek a member of our club sent with almond valley this year with old birds and lost more with them than he done down the west fact ;););)

Could quite believe it Novo as there is only one pitfall down the west compared to that of the east which has three, e.g. BOP, Pennines and the possibility of clashing.

derek a member of our club sent with almond valley this year with old birds and lost more with them than he done down the west fact ;););)

dont want to hijack the thread but i feel i have to enter a post ,we (renfrewshire fed) were one of the last if not the last to leave the old west route to follow all other feds to the eastern race points ,that last year i hardly lost any old birds and won quite a lot ,yet when we switched i lost most of my experienced old bird team that had won and won well down the west WHY ?

dont want to hijack the thread but i feel i have to enter a post ,we (renfrewshire fed) were one of the last if not the last to leave the old west route to follow all other feds to the eastern race points ,that last year i hardly lost any old birds and won quite a lot ,yet when we switched i lost most of my experienced old bird team that had won and won well down the west WHY ?

Solway fed still west but romoured that east might be on the cards. Our president, Walter Swanston, is trying something new by asking the clubs wot they feel rather than a committee decision. This may involve a lot of arguement but I think Walter has made a bold decision and hopefully this very democratic way will get the result that the majority want.

Could quite believe it Novo as there is only one pitfall down the west compared to that of the east which has three, e.g. BOP, Pennines and the possibility of clashing.

youve left yer brain in a taxi :(:(

Guest Gareth Rankin

You ve lost it

:angry::(<_<

Delboy can you then tell me what clashing goes on down the west side of the Pennines??

Also, is it your opinion that the Pennines once we get past 100 miles plays no importance at gaining a successful race flying back to this part of the country, i could count in one hand how many straight forward races that we have had in the last couple of years from the east side of the Pennines past 100 miles, have also noticed that even members of this forum who race with different feds up the east coast classify this area as the Bermuda triangle.

Worth noting that of all the race sites that Lanarkshire have used in the last 11 years while flying down the east, there has only been one site that has served the fed well and that has been Otterburn 80 miles, all the others have been chopped and changed, why???? yes we blame this and blame that but it's down to the 3 points that i have stated in my previous post, lets not forget about the discussion that has taken place on all the airports both commercial and RAF that are plagued down that side of the country.

Have also spoken to a couple of guys who have flown with the Midland fed this year and there returns have been equal too and if not better than to those of the Forth and Clyde and Lanarkshire, you have slated going back down the west which is based on your own personal experiences when flying with the Midland fed up to the year 2008, that was the days when they liberated and got slaughtered from Crawford and Lockerbie which was very unfair to liberate pigeons amongst the hills, now with better selection of race sites they have had as good as racing as Lanarkshire and Forth and Clyde and at the same time do not cower from the traditional path to this part of the country.JMO

Time to get back to the traditional route and assist a path for the doos were possible. Cant run away anymore

andy 1 of the best seasons lanarkshire had in nationals u were going down the west and changed for young birds

Super Novo one off our best seasons was 2008 . By the time the Old Bird Racing was finished they started to Panic and blamed everbody and thier Granny.If pigeons are Healthy and good enough they will come through.With regards to the Midland Fed i have been informed that only a couple of Fanciers have manged to complete the season over the last 5 years.

:angry::(<_<

Delboy can you then tell me what clashing goes on down the west side of the Pennines??

Also, is it your opinion that the Pennines once we get past 100 miles plays no importance at gaining a successful race flying back to this part of the country, i could count in one hand how many straight forward races that we have had in the last couple of years from the east side of the Pennines past 100 miles, have also noticed that even members of this forum who race with different feds up the east coast classify this area as the Bermuda triangle.

Worth noting that of all the race sites that Lanarkshire have used in the last 11 years while flying down the east, there has only been one site that has served the fed well and that has been Otterburn 80 miles, all the others have been chopped and changed, why???? yes we blame this and blame that but it's down to the 3 points that i have stated in my previous post, lets not forget about the discussion that has taken place on all the airports both commercial and RAF that are plagued down that side of the country.

Have also spoken to a couple of guys who have flown with the Midland fed this year and there returns have been equal too and if not better than to those of the Forth and Clyde and Lanarkshire, you have slated going back down the west which is based on your own personal experiences when flying with the Midland fed up to the year 2008, that was the days when they liberated and got slaughtered from Crawford and Lockerbie which was very unfair to liberate pigeons amongst the hills, now with better selection of race sites they have had as good as racing as Lanarkshire and Forth and Clyde and at the same time do not cower from the traditional path to this part of the country.JMO

Time to get back to the traditional route and assist a path for the doos were possible. Cant run away anymore

All 3 points you make are very true BUT the one downside going down the west route overshadows the 3 hazzards on the east. Its easily sorted if we all got our finger out but this will never happen because pigeon men want everything done for them. I say,stick to the east coast, you are better with the devil you know until a certain amount of work has been done to clear the west route. Over the last couple of years, some top fanciers from the Midland fed have not been heard from at national level. The west route cant be helping them, can it ?

All 3 points you make are very true BUT the one downside going down the west route overshadows the 3 hazzards on the east. Its easily sorted if we all got our finger out but this will never happen because pigeon men want everything done for them. I say,stick to the east coast, you are better with the devil you know until a certain amount of work has been done to clear the west route. Over the last couple of years, some top fanciers from the Midland fed have not been heard from at national level. The west route cant be helping them, can it ?

unfortunatly with the saturation levels with percys its a bit like pissing against the wind now del , it would take a mass concerted effort from every fancier , but as norm it is left to the few :(:( WITH PERSONAL EXSPERIENCE YOU CANT OFTEN EVEN GET A GOOD TRAINING TOOS IN AMONGST THE HILLS DOWN THE 74 , MUCH BETTER FROM THE EAST AT LEAST THE BIRDS ARE NOT HEMMED IN AND CAN MAKE THERE ESCAPE B)B)