Lanarkshire Agm Next Week 16Th Oct

Guest bigda

Wind will pay a large part of the percentage that will tackle the Pennines, east wind and the pigeons will be very high and should not pose too much of a concern for them, any other wind i.e the prevailing westerly wind then the pigeons will run north along side them, but a pigeons natural instinct is to fly direct from A-B and therefore a sizeable part of the convoy will attempt to tackle the valleys/gullys of the Pennines which must be to the detriment whilst having to fly low through/across them.JMO

When you look at certain race sites that Lanarkshire use such as Newark, the pigeons when flying from A-B have to conquer the Pennines for a good part of the journey and even then they still come up through the hills at beattock/moffatt area which many of the anti-west fanciers want to avoid.JMO

Coming that way they go straight through Larkhall, ye slipped up their big man :P:P:D:D:D

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we know that you will not see any north sea libs in your time gareth your one that would be first to stop it but may have to give it a chance the way the bop are distroying the sport but as its been repeated many times on this site its the way of life same old story the pied piper at agm;s ( the blind leading the blind ) :unsure: ( change is not on agenda keep sending them into bop country we cant send our birds over water even though theres no bop ;););)

I THINK THIS WILL DEFO BE THE MOST IMPORTANT RACE PROGRAMME MEETING THAT LANARKSHIRE HAVE HAD AS THERE IS NOW A CHOICE WERE TO SEND YOUR PIGEONS AS TRAINERS WITHOUT HAVING TO FALL FOUL OF THE DRACONION 2 FED RULE THAT LANARKSHIRE FED HAS SO LETS HOPE IT ALL GO'S WELL :blink::unsure::unsure:

derek theyres members in midland fed who have hardly dropped a bird m hilley for a start ;);)

Martins a good doo man m8, in fed racing I learned from the late great Jack McGougan, you must try and get the the bad doos back. What he meant was, the first few races there should be almost 100% returns. This never happens nowadays in Scotland because of BOP, especially down the west.

so all in the east, now want to fly west, i take this is for fed positions rather than the welfare of the birds, and should it happen hope they keep good records of the losses as to give as proof if its any better or not

so all in the east, now want to fly west, i take this is for fed positions rather than the welfare of the birds, and should it happen hope they keep good records of the losses as to give as proof if its any better or not

bigda im at my pigeons 24/7 and i dont give a hoot about fed positions the safety of my birds always comes first it doesnt matter what side u race from as ive already said bop on both sides and ask boys in duns chirnside st abbs and eyemouth they will tell u the same ;););)

bigda im at my pigeons 24/7 and i don't give a hoot about fed positions the safety of my birds always comes first it doesn't matter what side u race from as Ive already said bop on both sides and ask boys in duns chirnside st abbs and eyemouth they will tell u the same

yes but 3 years ago down the west at one race there where only 65 doos home from it in total from a liberation of 2,675 birds it was that bad that the whole of the fed called an emergency meeting has that slipped there minds now yes maybe the Midlands had good races this year but there race points where mostly this side of the border, now bigda takes note of these phenomenas ask them in the midlands what happened at there open race from the west and how many birds made it home

now to surprise you all we have midlands fanciers this year in our club and they say this is the first time in five years he was able to kill birds after they raced with the lanarkshire as he normally had to hold on to birds that relay should have been binned , in the midlands name can be supplied if asked

yes but 3 years ago down the west at one race there where only 65 doos home from it in total from a liberation of 2,675 birds it was that bad that the whole of the fed called an emergency meeting has that slipped there minds now yes maybe the Midlands had good races this year but there race points where mostly this side of the border, now bigda takes note of these phenomenas ask them in the midlands what happened at there open race from the west and how many birds made it home

now to surprise you all we have midlands fanciers this year in our club and they say this is the first time in five years he was able to kill birds after they raced with the lanarkshire as he normally had to hold on to birds that relay should have been binned , in the midlands name can be supplied if asked

MY MATE WAS SAYING LAST NIGHT HE WAS GOING TO VOTE TO GO WEST AND I REMINDED HIM ABOUT THE EMERGENCY MEETING WE HAD TO CALL BECAUSE OF THE OLD BIRD LOSSES AND HE COULDNAE REMEMBER IT :o:o FUNNY THING DOO MEN WHEN IT COMES TO VOTES AND REMEMBERING BAD RACES :unsure::blink::blink::blink::blink:

ask lanarkshire boys how many they lost this year down the east ie the consett racepoint ;););)

ask lanarkshire boys how many they lost this year down the east ie the consett racepoint

yes the silly thing about the loses, at consett was we still went back for another boot in the balls now that added to our overall loses aint that the truth

thinking of going west, just dont take my word for it its the word from the rspb

In BritainIn Britain, there has been a recovery of populations since the crash of the 1960s. This has been greatly assisted by conservation and protection work led by the Royal Society for the Protection of Birds. Peregrines now breed in many mountainous and coastal areas, especially in the west and north, and nest in some urban areas, capitalizing on the urban pigeon populations for food.[78] and if you click on the number 78 will lead you there

bigda im at my pigeons 24/7 and i dont give a hoot about fed positions the safety of my birds always comes first it doesnt matter what side u race from as ive already said bop on both sides and ask boys in duns chirnside st abbs and eyemouth they will tell u the same ;););)

here are you tellin me that yous did not take a hit on the west side , just wait till yous go down west , then it will an other egm ? ;);)

yes the silly thing about the loses, at consett was we still went back for another boot in the balls now that added to our overall loses aint that the truth

Hi

Quite correct, really disappointed in Jim Hannah

after 1 fecking disaster going back for more

Cheers

Homer 49