Snfc Young Bird Times

alex wight

Guest Gareth Rankin

dont no whats been going on lately big man but reading throw the post you have had a go on the young bird nat frome the start frome drug testing them having difrent libs with sections just realy having a go at everything its not like you to take the bait its normaly big bamby whos full of hooks so cam down big man take it easy and enjoy timing a good young bird in i would se the point if you dident like me oooooops

Looks like a new KingBilly since the last time, break must have done you good and perhaps thats what were all needing from time to time.anyway should you no be in Manchester tonight cause havoc like the last time ;):P:lol:

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We moved down the east because of the BOP problem and now we get bad racing down the east becuse of the BOP, now add to this the clashing that goes on from this side of the country and the fact that birds have to deal withthe Pennines especially once we go past the 130 mile stage so in essence we have now given our pigeons 3 probles to deal with rather than the one and hopefully the saucey flavorings that some pigeons now have will make the decission wether it be this year or next year a lot easier to make.

just wait till u get over the sharp then see u will want an other egm 2 change bk try gettin race controlers 2 speak 2 each other that will make a diffrence

Im disappointed in this post Jade, it sounds as if you dont understand how the terrain in Scotland works re. racing pigeons. The further south east you are the easier it is . Just follow the result of any yb national and you will see what I mean. There are people in Eyemouth who train their ybs only and then jump them into the yb National and score in top 30 Open.Ive heard it all before, we in the west dont send them far enough before the national etc etc well I know guys in the west who had them at Newark the week before the national,only 30 miles of difference between these two races, and they failed to time in nat.

Of course I understand the terrain I`ve been in doos probably longer than you. I certainly look older. Apart from the BOP what is different from 30 years ago. The Pennines were always there. The race routes are different but that is the choice of individual federations. The race point for the YB national has been changed more times than I can remember. Leicester is right in the centre of the country so why do the west and Solway doos not come up the west side. BOP you may say I could show you a dozen doos which returned to me injured by BOP this year.

we have it hard down here same as the west, our birds are well schooled before the national (which is a come back race)maybe they should give your ybs a bit of distance instead of the silly 40 odd mile races get them straight into 100+

Ave got tae agree wae the distance stuff. Im no too happy wae the Solway fed racin short races frae inside the Cumbrian fells. I would much rather have a race frae Shap (north of fells) and then jump right out tae leyland or Garstang, the jump would be in the region of 80/90 miles but might give them a better chance of beatin percy.

If the fed gans east then it will be interstin tae see how much better the racin is!

I am a realist and will fly which ever route the members vote for but hope that some consideration is givin tae jumpin the fells rather than just a straight pick between east and west!

I like the west route but the competitor in me says that if the old bord channel races are gan tae be oot east then perhaps my doos better get used tae that line, maybe if we come slightly mare central in France naebody could moan!!!! Na thats stretchin it me thinks :o:o:o

Guest Gareth Rankin

My own club Larkhall is a national minded club that sent 4 birds between 2 members, the west section of the Lanarkshire fed with 170 members only had 6 members competing from Leicester now how do we encourage these men to compete once more, i gave proposals to shorten it and moving it to the west but this was scorned at.

Now please give your honest opinion on how to get more fanciers involved in this area or do we just go for the status quo and let the race in this part of the country die :huh: :huh:

My own club Larkhall is a national minded club that sent 4 birds between 2 members, the west section of the Lanarkshire fed with 170 members only had 6 members competing from Leicester now how do we encourage these men to compete once more, i gave proposals to shorten it and moving it to the west but this was scorned at.

Now please give your honest opinion on how to get more fanciers involved in this area or do we just go for the status quo and let the race in this part of the country die :huh: :huh:

Dont know how we get more members to compete but we certainly wont get them with a negative attitude to the race, you should be leading by example and sending more birds and encouraging your Fed to have longer YB races and the birds would be more up to the task.

Hello Gareth ,do think and it is just a personal opinion, that if lanarkshire were to race the west route even joining up with solway further down that birds would put up better performances from nationals as they would be coming on line ,but it would be at a price mate ,as for yb would have to go in large numbers to influence drag ,as it is just now we also have very slow times just not got the numbers omo . :)

have the young birds race out of galway most times west wind the bravest birds leave the isle first have no hawk to contend with out at sea and coming in from the west to the east there are no hills to get blown behind the velocity will be up and think every member will have there true measurement as there will no be any obstacles in the way, and Percy will not be on that side of the cost when they hit our shores not to the extent they are at moffit and the lakes most members will get 270 mile from there and the north lads will get 300-350 no change there the cost for the ferry would be £800 with 3,000 birds away 30p per bird max

you will need to try something failure to do so will be on every one of yous as guardians of the distance sport

Guest Davy Fleming

Don't think it is a case of having a negative attitude . Bottom line is that you will never get better numbers to a race until you sort the BOP problem. That is it in a nutshell whether you like it or not. Everyone wants to go to races with bigger numbers but come that stage of the season no one has many birds left. END OF. My own Fed adjusted the mileage for Y.B. to help us to have better numbers come yearlings but that has gone now with the losses so back to square one . Seems it doesn't matter where you go it ends up the same result. It is now so serious it is difficult to get them from a toss now.