Snfc Young Bird Times

alex wight

Guest Gareth Rankin

Fly from wherever you like they will still come out the east, and shorter races are not the answer these boys who lead the field in the nationals were flying from 310 miles a couple of weeks ago, stop making excuses and get on with it.

Get on with what ! the status Quo, boy what a bright future the young bird national then has.

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a thing wrong with YB Nat. as it is we have to accept that each region has its own race and changing race points wont make any differance UNLESS we go further 300-350 miles and then it would even things out a bit. I have flown yb nationals into the west for 40 years and it is no differant now (appart from the preditor problem)than it was then.

Not a thing wrong with YB Nat. as it is we have to accept that each region has its own race and changing race points wont make any differance UNLESS we go further 300-350 miles and then it would even things out a bit. I have flown yb nationals into the west for 40 years and it is no differant now (appart from the preditor problem)than it was then.

More than you.

Young birds have far too many problems to deal with now compared to 20 years ago so i would have to agree with you Wullie, perhaps a shorter race and from over on the west would be more suitable, this would also stop the dog legging that young birds have to endure from the young bird national from Leicester in the prevailing westerly winds, this dog legging adds a hell of a time onto tired young birds flying into the west of Scotland.

Race around Telford or Stafford 220 miles??? or Flatten the Pennines ;)

Do as you say and the south guys will only be flying just over 100 miles which would be a joke for a national race. I think the west lads are on a hiding before the start because of their defeatist attitude i e " we`ve nae chance"

As others have said I think your yb programme is not geared to the national in that you dont get enough distance before the race. as for going east why do yous all train east to west then moan cos your birds dog leg. also if they were timing in edinburgh at 1.20 on Sunday why does it take 1.5 - 2 hours for birds to get 40 miles west.

Do as you say and the south guys will only be flying just over 100 miles which would be a joke for a national race. I think the west lads are on a hiding before the start because of their defeatist attitude i e " we`ve nae chance"

As others have said I think your yb programme is not geared to the national in that you dont get enough distance before the race. as for going east why do yous all train east to west then moan cos your birds dog leg. also if they were timing in edinburgh at 1.20 on Sunday why does it take 1.5 - 2 hours for birds to get 40 miles west.

Im disappointed in this post Jade, it sounds as if you dont understand how the terrain in Scotland works re. racing pigeons. The further south east you are the easier it is . Just follow the result of any yb national and you will see what I mean. There are people in Eyemouth who train their ybs only and then jump them into the yb National and score in top 30 Open.Ive heard it all before, we in the west dont send them far enough before the national etc etc well I know guys in the west who had them at Newark the week before the national,only 30 miles of difference between these two races, and they failed to time in nat.

Guest KING BILLY

Im disappointed in this post Jade, it sounds as if you dont understand how the terrain in Scotland works re. racing pigeons. The further south east you are the easier it is . Just follow the result of any yb national and you will see what I mean. There are people in Eyemouth who train their ybs only and then jump them into the yb National and score in top 30 Open.Ive heard it all before, we in the west dont send them far enough before the national etc etc well I know guys in the west who had them at Newark the week before the national,only 30 miles of difference between these two races, and they failed to time in nat.

your wright big man i was that soldier i had 4 out of newark the week before and sent the first 2 back to lecster and failed to time to me it was not peparation it was doos on the day that failed but am not complaining about the race and i wish all the pep who has timed in all the best i will do better the next time i hope

The future of the young bird national for the South section is very bleak.

Just about everyone I spoke to on Sunday said that's their last go of it.

Alternative racing is being planned for that weekend next year ;)

The south section used to read up in the 80s, every fancier emptied there dookits into the yb national.The Solway won almost every position in top 30 Open regularly.

your wright big man i was that soldier i had 4 out of newark the week before and sent the first 2 back to lecster and failed to time to me it was not peparation it was doos on the day that failed but am not complaining about the race and i wish all the pep who has timed in all the best i will do better the next time i hope

Your not the only one Tam

Guest KING BILLY

dont no whats been going on lately big man but reading throw the post you have had a go on the young bird nat frome the start frome drug testing them having difrent libs with sections just realy having a go at everything its not like you to take the bait its normaly big bamby whos full of hooks so cam down big man take it easy and enjoy timing a good young bird in i would se the point if you dident like me oooooops

dont no whats been going on lately big man but reading throw the post you have had a go on the young bird nat frome the start frome drug testing them having difrent libs with sections just realy having a go at everything its not like you to take the bait its normaly big bamby whos full of hooks so cam down big man take it easy and enjoy timing a good young bird in i would se the point if you dident like me oooooops

Im crabbit its as simple as that :D:D