Snfc Clermont Birdage

sapper756

position wise an improvment on the westerly ones but losses just the same as most :(

Do you think that its the overfly increase or better flyin conditions in the east?. Do you think that your club/fed prog has made a difference.

I canny believe that there are many less BOP(F****rs)on the east. I also canny believe that clashing can be any less as there must be north roaders gan up and doon. I realise that its a national club and it has to be for all members but think that a compromise in the race prog should be considered.

Cheers steven

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i think one reason they went east was because most feds now race an easterly route. i think if there is any west in the wind many of the birds dont cross into england but go up into belgium and holland etc. i find there are always birds "on time" on a decent day then they just stop and very few ever turn up. if all the birds reached the mainland i would expect at least 75 - 80% returns within a few days

i think one reason they went east was because most feds now race an easterly route. i think if there is any west in the wind many of the birds dont cross into england but go up into belgium and holland etc. i find there are always birds "on time" on a decent day then they just stop and very few ever turn up. if all the birds reached the mainland i would expect at least 75 - 80% returns within a few days

West in the wind will be most weekends durin the summer is it no?

The amount of anti-south feeling from some quarters and individuals within the SNFC memebership at that time was quite pathetic, childish and beggared beyond belief which ultimately resulted in changing to the east, of course many will deny this ever existed as the truth hurts.

well chris have raced in the scottish national flying club for 35 years and think your opening statement is totally untrue,great flyers in all areas,geography will always dictate but it never deters the real national fanciers,i think you are showing little respect to your fellow national clubmates. <_< <_< :)

The amount of anti-south feeling from some quarters and individuals within the SNFC memebership at that time was quite pathetic, childish and beggared beyond belief which ultimately resulted in changing to the east, of course many will deny this ever existed as the truth hurts.

well if it is correct chris it never worked as the boys in the south are still winning even from out east race points

I've not been in the club that long, but 2 years ago? there was a motion to go back to Rennes etc., and the reason given (and accepted by the meeting) for the earlier change to more easterly race points was that it gave all Sections a fairer chance of being in top 20 Open. Now that's the politics but for me the thing that swung it at that AGM was the folk who convoy the birds saying that all of these easterly racepoints are within 2 hours drive of the port; the westerly racepoints involved a drive right accross France (think 7/8 hours? was mentioned) and so the welfare of birds in transit also came into play in the decision to stay easterly.

Perhaps the birdage drop is down tae a number o different factors, Losses,distance,inland nats and easterly lib points but I for one will still be sendin my best doos to the gold cup. Easier options from 400mile area are really hard to find for the back garden fancier sendin ones and twos to each water race. The SNFC is still the place tae be for me and although there may be probs we have tae get roon am sure we will and carry on. Best o luck to all who have sent.

Cheers steven

you are dead right chris as someone who will be racing in the west after flying in the east with my brother, the AGM is very over powered by the west guys now, it used to be the other way round ! the last agm someone asked why we keep changing our nat race points and it got no explenation execpt we had a bad race from a,b,or c, why are we racing from ypres ? because a top table member almost insisted we do ! where are the other orginisations from down south who were going to be joining this remembrence race ??? go back to the old programme of years gone by sartily,rennes,nantes,sartilly,

you will still get your sore uns but that is what the SNFC was created for .

well chris have raced in the scottish national flying club for 35 years and think your opening statement is totally untrue,great flyers in all areas,geography will always dictate but it never deters the real national fanciers,i think you are showing little respect to your fellow national clubmates. <_< <_< :)

I agree there is great flyers in all corners of this great club.

For you to say I show little respect to fellow national members is a load of tripe, national racing is my life, what I hate is animosity directed at some one due to where they live geographically, I have experienced this which only makes me stronger ;);):P

i think you will find most feds on the east side were racing the east route before the snfc. the west feds changed later to try to avoid the bop. if rennes was still available i dont think the gold cup would have been from anywhere else. it went to messac in 2000 cos rennes was no longer available then liege in 2001 cos of f & m. that race showed how spread the leading positions could be and is possibly the reason we are where we are today.

you are dead right chris as someone who will be racing in the west after flying in the east with my brother, the AGM is very over powered by the west guys now, it used to be the other way round ! the last agm someone asked why we keep changing our nat race points and it got no explenation execpt we had a bad race from a,b,or c, why are we racing from ypres ? because a top table member almost insisted we do ! where are the other orginisations from down south who were going to be joining this remembrence race ??? go back to the old programme of years gone by sartily,rennes,nantes,sartilly,

you will still get your sore uns but that is what the SNFC was created for .

Well said mate ;):D

I know when i go to the SNFC races these days, there is a possibility of finishing on the first page of the result, and taking open pool money, if the club moves back to the west i will have lost this opportunity, as previous years have proved.

I can't reconcile myself with the notion, other sections of the club wish to deny me and the rest in the west this FAIRER line of flight.

The expectations in the south and east of the country have had to be reviewed, due to the impact of the change in race points and reduced birdages, so you want things reverted to "the good old days" without a thought of taking this expectation from me??? Shame on you's!!

I know when i go to the SNFC races these days, there is a possibility of finishing on the first page of the result, and taking open pool money, if the club moves back to the west i will have lost this opportunity, as previous years have proved.

I can't reconcile myself with the notion, other sections of the club wish to deny me and the rest in the west this FAIRER line of flight.

The expectations in the south and east of the country have had to be reviewed, due to the impact of the change in race points and reduced birdages, so you want things reverted to "the good old days" without a thought of taking this expectation from me??? Shame on you's!!

Well Said John.

Do you think that its the overfly increase or better flyin conditions in the east?. Do you think that your club/fed prog has made a difference.

I canny believe that there are many less BOP on the east. I also canny believe that clashing can be any less as there must be north roaders gan up and doon. I realise that its a national club and it has to be for all members but think that a compromise in the race prog should be considered.

Cheers steven

one of the problems weve had for a long time now with bop is they wont come up past the solway moffatt beatock nith valley etc .

on racing on the west side the birds were comming back from the east and north not going up the traditional routes in any great numbers .

not much fun when you toss your birds at lockerbie 61 miles say and they arrive 3-4 hrs latter from the north east going up the east coast and cutting back in along the forth , not flow 61 mile but 161mls unfortunatlly , given there choice most birds wont come up the

straight route anymore and offten wont do it at training .

flying on the east side counteracts this a bit as there on that side anyway , but i have hardly ever seen one of my birds home from anyraces from a southerly direction for over 10 years .

north east seems to be the way to look out now :(:(:(

And that is also the winning birds :(

Also i would add im not anti west as wold much rather race straight down the old route dumfreis greetna penrith lancaster etc myself as it would be more advantageous to me personnaly than racing east ,but as its really a know go area now due to bop at the moment this is not really possible , and also on saying that the eastside is gettin as bad with bop strikes at training and racing now aswell but would still say is a lot safer for the birds heading out to sea than been stuck in the valleys at moffat etc with no where to go too.

now if percy were to dissapear i would love to go down the old route and yes sartilly rennes nantes sartilly 2 and no inland nationals :D:D And Chriss no way am i anti south section as there has been brilliant performances put up there in the past and present , Bourgees comes to mind 123 :P

S.N.F.C RACE from Clermont - Birdage Breakdown-Section A-153,B-184,C-382,D-84,E-182,F-17,G-98,- http://forum.pigeonbasics.org/public/style_emoticons/default/wink.gifTotal-1100 http://forum.pigeonbasics.org/public/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif

GOOD LUCK LADS/LASSIES