Saturday 1St May What Goes?

Guest TAMMY_1

How comes ayrshire gan wae oot east Novice? Hills , Hawks or just better racin?

In 2009 we started the youngbird program with a disaster from Lockerbie (this was a mainly west/centre route) ----reason for first bad race is unknown.

The Federation then had a rethink and went east mainly along the M8 route to avoid predators as far as possible. Returns were very good.

I believe the 2010 program was intended to go down the east route but to have a couple of races on the mainly east to west direction to allow the yearlings to fly over familiar territory and build some fitness before turning south.

Whatever happened last week we will never know but my opinion is that we are liberating much too close to the coast.

I hope I have answered your point.

In 2009 we started the youngbird program with a disaster from Lockerbie (this was a mainly west/centre route) ----reason for first bad race is unknown.

The Federation then had a rethink and went east mainly along the M8 route to avoid predators as far as possible. Returns were very good.

I believe the 2010 program was intended to go down the east route but to have a couple of races on the mainly east to west direction to allow the yearlings to fly over familiar territory and build some fitness before turning south.

Whatever happened last week we will never know but my opinion is that we are liberating much too close to the coast.

Thats covered it for me m8. have just asked the same question on other thread cos a never seen yer reply. Hope uget better results the morra. we dont see many birds comin over oorheeds doon here much now.

Guest vander mungo

mouth of the fourfh then mouth of the tweed how mutch closer can you get to the sea its a joke novice

mouth of the fourfh then mouth of the tweed how mutch closer can you get to the sea its a joke novice

You are probably right Mungo.

I would have preferred one race from Livingstone then turn south.

I was not at the AGM (completely forgot the date)so really should not comment any further.

Good luck to everyone today as far as the weather in the west is concerned we have missed the best of it. It's now much colder than previously.