british homing world

glenrandal

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

normally have mine via postman am on thursday ,not arrived yet ,have found out today ... local sorting office not delivered for 3 days , apparently didnt want any postal workers slipping whilst on their rounds ... health and safety eh.(dizzy)(dizzy)             andy.

we had our first post of the week yesterday (saturday) thought we hadn't had any bills through! then bang they all came together!

MY LOCAL SHOPKEEPER PHONED MENZIES (DISTRIBUTOR)  SATURDAY MORNING AND THEY SAID THEY HADN'T EVEN RECIEVED THEM YET  THERE MAY BE A REASON BUT STILL THINK IT IS A DISGRACE

davy this isn't a recent thing the last couple of weeks i've had problems for about the last 8 wks,it used to be in guaranteed friday morning not any more now it's monday before i'll get this weeks issue

went down to papershop to get mine not in wont be in until monday . went round to a clubmates house and he got his on thursday .think i will start getting it through the post this year.

I get mine posted but it hasnt arrived yet ! possibly down to the road conditions , havnt seen the postie for 3 days  :'(

davy this isn't a recent thing the last couple of weeks i've had problems for about the last 8 wks,it used to be in guaranteed friday morning not any more now it's monday before i'll get this weeks issue

if you are having problems for 8 weeks or so .ask newsagent where they are in the picking order at delivery company i used to work for menzies who deliver bhw they used to come to our warehouse on a thursday night ready for the shops on a friday morning they were 9 times out of 10 short of bhw so the last shops to be picked used to go without dont forget the picking orders used to go from lowest number to the highest so higher your shop box number the less chance you have of getting 1 on the proper day hope this helps just an idea :-/

if you are having problems for 8 weeks or so .ask newsagent where they are in the picking order at delivery company i used to work for menzies who deliver bhw they used to come to our warehouse on a thursday night ready for the shops on a friday morning they were 9 times out of 10 short of bhw so the last shops to be picked used to go without dont forget the picking orders used to go from lowest number to the highest so higher your shop box number the less chance you have of getting 1 on the proper day hope this helps just an idea :-/

the shop i order mine from they order 6 bhw and 6 rp mine and the local lads rp no problem thats there every friday morning just bhw like hit or miss some weeks they are there next week dont even get a copy

i do think they don"t print enough for some reason like i said the courier used to turn up with at least 3 or 4 short a week i did ask them why .they just said thats all there was there to collect in bundles from the printers. :-/dont forget these were pre orders and they were still short . :-/and yes the racing pigeon was rarely short so thats why i think they just did not print enough.

just a word of warning i had the bhw delivered to my address but very rarely delivered on time plus this is works out very dear to have it arrive after friday

Started having my BHW delivered about 12 months ago after having the same problems with the local shop failing to get it in at all some weeks,I must say its only failed to turn up on a Thursday  a handfull of times since having it delivered.