SNFC Falaise 18th July

sapper756

Well ladies and gents, next weekend sees the last old bird SNFC race from Falaise. Would like to pose the following questions, and would be interested in your replies ;)

1. Are you sending to this race?

2. How many are you sending?

3. What are the sex of the birds you intend to send?

4. What will be the nest condition of the birds on day of basketing? Wednesday 16th July.

5. What is the distance to you from Falaise?

THANX ;)

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes i'm sending , 2 x  2 year old hens , 1st hen has flown 2 races over 400 miles this year already and is sitting on a 10 day old youngster, the 2nd hen was at the snfc nebury race and is sitting 12 days on eggs , Falaise is 586 miles 546 yards to her , so will hope for the best and hope we get a good day for them.

Been training 5 cocks and 7 hens to choose from. Sitting eggs between 12 and 17 days on basketting night, 1x3-yold, 8x2-yolds and 3 yearlings 507 miles to me. Lets hope they get up early for a change. Good Luck to all sending.

Been training, 7birds, 3 cocks and 4 hens.

all the hens will be 10/11 day eggs at basketing ;) as will 2 of the cocks, the other cock will be feeding a 3day old youngster.

Falaise is 523miles to me.  

Good luck to all who are sending ;)

one cock for me sitting 16 day eggs

flew eastbourne although it arrived next morning

three  single tosses from t in the park balado and one from armadale in the last week let it rest from now until wednesday

then hope for the best good luck to you all

Guest Gareth Rankin
one cock for me sitting 16 day eggs

flew eastbourne although it arrived next morning

three  single tosses from t in the park balado and one from armadale in the last week let it rest from now until wednesday

then hope for the best good luck to you all

Bart i thought you were an Cliff Richard fan so what are you doing attending T in the park. ;) ;) ;) ;D

Guest Gareth Rankin
cliff richard i will throw myself of a cliff if i don,t time from falaise ;)

anyway i heard about your singing last week for your wife's birthday  :P  :X

Have a feeling that you will have no need to visit any cliff's next weekend from Falaise. ;)

Oh !  Boy i must of been very good if word has got round about my singing. 8) 8) I can see a new career in the music industry for me. ;D ;D

Guest Gareth Rankin

Sending 3 cocks and 3 hens all sitting around the 13 to 14 days.

Hopefully there will be a great entry from the boys in the west as Lanarkshire members have the chance to duplicate for the first time. :) :)

Been training, 7birds, 3 cocks and 4 hens.

all the hens will be 10/11 day eggs at basketing ;) as will 2 of the cocks, the other cock will be feeding a 3day old youngster.

Falaise is 523miles to me.  

Good luck to all who are sending ;)

Decided to send 6, 2 cocks and 4 hens, the other cock just doesn,t look good enough tonight, so he will have to wait till next year ;)

4 or 5 to pick from, 1cock & 3 hens

cock sitting 12 days at basketting

2 lesbian hens sitting 4 eggs, been slipped 2 small youngsters today, their first of the year

1 4 year old hen 14 day eggs

My only predicament is whether to send a 2 year old hen, she was my 3rd bird from Alencon, homing on the Tuesday. Her cock got himsef lost from Hastings the same weekend as Alencon, and I was amazed that when this hen returned from Alencon she went straight on her nest and has sat those eggs tightly for over a week when I gave her a newly hatched y/b and now she is like a demon on that baby, her condition is good, but I am not sure how she is mentally. Do I try and take advantage of this situation or do I put her by for next year?

Any advice anyone?

Falaise is 601 miles to me, so at least its a short race this time ;D

The decision has been made, she has gone to the race, so time will tell if i've made the right decision or not :o

Good luck with your hen. Strike while the iron is hot, if you didn't send her you would always wonder what if. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.