GLASGOW FED OTTERBURN 02/08/08

GREENGRASS

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bart is dead right a quick call on the mobile and there should be no problems, to Greengrass Your pictures just confirms the forecast on Yahoo weather no probs with that. Jumping the gun gets you shot.

you mention in your earlier post glasgow members in the dark i was not sure if you meant the alexandria members under the dark clouds or the members in general, what info do you want, a call to every member from the race convoyer,controller,secterary, please tell us. every other week we get a call to say the birds are up such a time and the wind conditions etc. somehow last sat this was not enough for you, why. i was called at 13 55 to say birds were away at 13.40.  maybe we should just ask the sec to put it on libline and let all the members pay for info and no more calls to inform you the birds are up, i know which one i would rather have.

jumping the gun will not get you shot but jumping in front of it will (just had my red meat......... ;)  )

how did they know they were peregrines. did they attack from the air. also this implies that the people liberating were not able to see the attackers prior to liberation. from the pictures and personal experience at otterburn liberation site you would have a good chance of seeing raptors above you. nothing to give them cover. also if peregrines were attacking why did federations continue to liberate? a lot this does not add up.

think greengrass called it slaughterburn not otterburn

sure dundee fed will go before lanarkshire  we will get a clear run home  ;)

correct bart i think it was two years ago maybe three i sent 32 youngsters to otterburn full of confidence and this would have been their 5th race i think, anyway birds went up and i clocked in a few early ones with steady returns for a while then nothing for ages at clocks i was waiting on i think 10 birds but everybody else was over the moon at the great race we had with nearly all home and most waiting on one or two. i was waiting on 10 and hoped by the time i got home there would be most in the loft but nothing only got another 2 over the next few days. hence i gave the site the nickname "SLAUGHTERBURN"  

not all controllers are users of the computer. also transfer of information can also lead to variations on reality at times. issues and proposals like these should be brought up at agm`s and during the close season. discussed not argued and causing massive rifts about nothing. this week one fancier in the glasgow fed started complaining how he had heard from the horses mouth that the rain never stopped at otterburn on saturday. he stated he was putting a letter into the fed about the situation. when he was handed the photos on here he stood back and said nothing. last year he put a letter into the fed about another situation he had heard about from the horses mouth. he  was wrong again. i think he is confusing the openings on a horses body.

Open communicaton on this site will cause no harm , i already stated that not all race controllers have access,with whay to help communicate thisinformation or is it the fact that they have no interest in sharing information with the general members , causing fanciers anxiety due to lack of information on lib line , only stating phone back which can be numerous times .No one is digging out race controllers but they could possible use every form of communication to keep the members updated.

Guest bigda

why don't the race controllers sign up on this site and with the mobile thats is or can be supplied to them link up to the INTERNET and  post updates  the webmaster could open a site to accommodate them with  there own  password, to access the site for all to here or see,   this no word to  11 and no word 1-30 is not too  good a answer in this day and age a few TeXes to explain and some video link would not go a miss the day of the computer has arrived yous it :) :) :)

appoint someone to take the role at the agm. i agree with you about open communication 100%. i am also of the opinion that when individuals jump in on incorrect information gained whatever way they should be subject to the ridicule that they attempt to hand out. the situation that i refer to in glasgow is a classic. where some ill informed, ill prepared blow hard demands an audience with people wh have nothing wrong, to put them in their place. not acceptable. communication works two ways. acting with responsibility is all of our concern.

Who would have said we would have pigeons timing themselves in on a Saturday, times change and so should the role of the way the race controller communicates with other members , no one wishes the race to go wrong for someone to take a dig at individuals , just ways toimprove communication.

You appear to be missing point , this is not digging out race controllers only impoving communication , the point was that individuals with this facility could inform club members if required, or is it you feel this is to much work for one person and possible there should be a communication officer for each federation.

Guest bigda
race controllers are hard enough to find. why dont you take the job of communications officer for whichever organisation you fly with bigda.

thats all they ask, that they put it on this sight every half hour or so as they are not doing any thing else, and i am sure it would stop the boredome set in, if they told me what was really going down, and i of course would only tell those and such as those  :) :X :X :X

the race controller has enough on their plate. communication is a federation issue and should be an agenda item at fed level. as bigda`s post points out regardless of what they say he will not believe them "if they really told me what was going on" so the content of any post on here would not be believed.

It was based on experience, Johno. One of a number of liberations at Otterburn was attacked by peregrine(s) as recently as 2007. I think it may have been Fife or Dundee. Lanarkshire took rockets with them the following week, and launched prior to lib, a first in the UK I believe.

spot on, the kingdom fed went before us and got hit by peregrines... then we went and got the same! these raptors are not daft and they ceratinly know what a pigeon transporter is, well in there eyes McDonalds on wheels!!

were gonna try the rockets this year to hopefully prevent a strike, but then again with so many feds there this week how are we gonna prevent clashing!

thirteen feds say liberating at 30 min intevals would take 6 1/2 hours, cant see this happening so be prepared for worse on saturday.

spot on, the kingdom fed went before us and got hit by peregrines... then we went and got the same! these raptors are not daft and they ceratinly know what a pigeon transporter is, well in there eyes McDonalds on wheels!!

were gonna try the rockets this year to hopefully prevent a strike, but then again with so many feds there this week how are we gonna prevent clashing!

thirteen feds say liberating at 30 min intevals would take 6 1/2 hours, cant see this happening so be prepared for worse on saturday.

surely it would make sense for the feds from the west & east to liberate with their neighbouring feds, ie lanarkshire & glasgow as an example surely safety in numbers ;) ;)

Hi

How about Sunday

Cheers

Homer 49