GLASGOW FED OTTERBURN 02/08/08

GREENGRASS

BELOW ARE SOME PHOTOS TAKEN JUST BEFORE AND DURING THE LIBERATION OF THE GLASGOW FEDERATION BIRDS ON SAT LAST. HOPE THE PICTURES HELP THE ALEXANDRIA FANCIER WHO IS CONVINCED THERE WAS RAIN AT THE LIB POINT ALL DAY. HOPEFULLY THIS FANCIER WILL STAND AT THE AGM FOR THE POSITION OF CONVOYER.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BELOW ARE SOME PHOTOS TAKEN JUST BEFORE AND DURING THE LIBERATION OF THE GLASGOW FEDERATION BIRDS ON SAT LAST. HOPE THE PICTURES HELP THE ALEXANDRIA FANCIER WHO IS CONVINCED THERE WAS RAIN AT THE LIB POINT ALL DAY. HOPEFULLY THIS FANCIER WILL STAND AT THE AGM FOR THE POSITION OF CONVOYER.

No chance he will still see the rain cloud ?????

Whilst waiting for the birds on Sat. from Otterburn one half of the Alexandria area had a sky that was black the other half had torrential rain (some 3 miles apart) Live At Loch Lomond can confiorm that, the forecast I saw for Otterburn was cloudy . I saw the Lanarkshire lads had regular updates on the site well done to their controller and convoyer and whoever relayed the information the Glasgow fed members just sat in the "Dark" waiting.

Whilst waiting for the birds on Sat. from Otterburn one half of the Alexandria area had a sky that was black the other half had torrential rain (some 3 miles apart) Live At Loch Lomond can confiorm that, the forecast I saw for Otterburn was cloudy . I saw the Lanarkshire lads had regular updates on the site well done to their controller and convoyer and whoever relayed the information the Glasgow fed members just sat in the "Dark" waiting.

your forecast for otterburn was spot on then check the photos above or were you wanting your birds liberated into clear blue skies and bright sunshine........?????  like i said look forward to your application for the convoyer`s position and if you are struggling for a seconder just let me know.

what would be your suggestion then, all fanciers to call the convoyer to say dont put them up yet its dark  clouds overhead here. all these weather experts available after the races, then they announce they never had any doos away...................now you know why the game is in such a bad way up here.

i doubt this person will stand for any positions because to do that you need a backbone and the above post is that of a spineless troublemaker unfortunately all feds have them and they are why the better officals ask themselves "why do i bother" and eventually say enough is enough.

could you possibly give the fanciers the benefit of your immense knowledge and weather forecasting abilities on the morning of the next race and not days later i am sure it would be most appreciated.

how did the race go? what were the leading velocities and final returns?

we are there this saturday and our biggest fear is the peregrines!... well plus the weather at the moment.

did the glasgow fed witness any strikes by peregrines or hawks?

anyone who takes the time to look at the photographs will realise that the lib site is well elevated. it has no advantage to a peregrine to strike. i have personally liberated pigeons at this site on three occassions this year and have never seen a perigrine. i see peregrines everyday at the loft. there may well be other raprors around possibly marsh harriers huntng the moors that surround the liberation site. please also consider i am only talking about the area around the liberation site not the whole of northumberland.  

returns were mixed. most of chryston club had above average returns. i hear this was not the case in other clubs. reasons for this are anyones guess. clearly not the result of anything happening at the liberation or the race controlling. four seasons one day typical weather for our area. seems to be a shortage of mirrors.

What a factitious post from "I" where in my original post do you see a complaint from me regarding the liberation all I said was the weather was cloudy and so it was according to the pictures. I am not the original complainer as i did not go to Otterburn as more than half my young birds were lost from a toss at Harthill and the two races from Kelso I had good returns from Cockenzie.

I say to you I put your brain into gear before you open your mouth.Greengrass said in his post that someone had remarked it had been raining all day at the race point most certainly not I ,sorry me .Greengrass will probably know the chap I sat with he had 4 away - still waiting 2 out of 9 K1 and 2 out of 8 K2So if you are looking for someone pour your heart out to look for someone else rather than me.About the weather in Alex the sec.phoned to see what it was like by us, dark skies, he stated it was bucketing down 3 miles up the road.

To WulDon the velocity for Alexandria 910.468 not very fast for a race on a good day at 107 miles

anyone who takes the time to look at the photographs will realise that the lib site is well elevated. it has no advantage to a peregrine to strike. i have personally liberated pigeons at this site on three occassions this year and have never seen a perigrine. i see peregrines everyday at the loft. there may well be other raprors around possibly marsh harriers huntng the moors that surround the liberation site. please also consider i am only talking about the area around the liberation site not the whole of northumberland.  

It was based on experience, Johno. One of a number of liberations at Otterburn was attacked by peregrine(s) as recently as 2007. I think it may have been Fife or Dundee. Lanarkshire took rockets with them the following week, and launched prior to lib, a first in the UK I believe.

may i say again look at the photos. according to other convoyers the liberations were subject to annoyance by "hawks rising from the ground" as far as i am aware there has never been an ariel attack witnessed at a liberation from the beacons liberation site at otterburn where these photos were taken on saturday. the liberation site is sitting above most of the surrounding countryside and offers no advantage to a peregrine. a peregrine looks for and uses natural advantage.

It was based on experience, Johno. One of a number of liberations at Otterburn was attacked by peregrine(s) as recently as 2007. I think it may have been Fife or Dundee. Lanarkshire took rockets with them the following week, and launched prior to lib, a first in the UK I believe.

Yes your right Ian Lanarkshire did have rockets with them for this race but they let them go right at the side of the transporter and frightened the lifes out of the y/b's

thats right square-peg was with the fife transporter,  2 feds got hit by the peregrines