bird looks drunk !!

rich

please help,,

young bird, only 3 months old acting odd, disoriented, heads all over the place and struggling to fly and when he lands he thumps into ground, when it attemps to eat food goes every where, yet bird " looks" in immaculate condition feather wise

whats up any ideas

thans in advance Rich

please help,,

young bird, only 3 months old acting odd, disoriented, heads all over the place and struggling to fly and when he lands he thumps into ground, when it attemps to eat food goes every where, yet bird " looks" in immaculate condition feather wise

whats up any ideas

thans in advance Rich

Is it the only bird affected?: Quarantine immediatly!!!!

bird now issolated,, my birds are free to come and go out of dove cote, regards pmv  how do i go about vaccinations , do i need to catch all my birds and jab them, or is there an oral vaccination

thanks

bird now issolated,, my birds are free to come and go out of dove cote, regards pmv  how do i go about vaccinations , do i need to catch all my birds and jab them, or is there an oral vaccination

thanks

phone some one near you that has pigeons ,tell them you think you might have paramixo in your birds ,if they  are  willing to help they should know weather or not it is paramixo ,  make sure all clothes are washed before either of you get any contact with any other lofts including theirs ,and wash your foot wear in bleach water as well ,they  will help you inject your birds ,but if you can aford a vet then make sure he knows about pigeons ,other wise you will be throwing money away ,just remember paramixo is highly contageous and can be carried on any thing ,and even in the air ,so the chances are if it is paramixo ,the rest of your birds will have it ,get them injected it will help most of them ,

Guest puresoontjen

i think the same but could be  polynutris  its almost same symptoms

it could be any thing like that. he would be better off takeing to a vet that would know. ;) ASAP

Guest strapper

thanks

some info for you

http://www.chevita.com/en/pigeons/treatment-plan/specificinfections-paramyxovirosis.php

Guest strapper
wrong ,just ask any vet with knowledge of pigeons ,

the 1st thing you do is vaccinate upon suspicion of it....dont vaccinate the seriously ill birds but all others.

yes les you are correct m8 ;)

Paul, was told via Gordon Chambers that he does advise vaccination, again if it's already done. He says that if vaccinated or not, first thing is to vacinate them again.

Read a great debate on the Alberta Classic where the youngsters are jab three times, YES three time by the age of 3 - 5 months.

Some jab them as soon as leaving the nest, then a month later, and a month later again.