Worming with eqvalan

philb

WORMING USING EQVALAN

Can anyone tell me the dosage per 2 litre of water and how long you give this to birds, also when is the best time to do this eg after the moult ,before pairig/racing

cheers Philb

it normally has a measure on syringe what it comes in 1 measure mixed in2 a paste with a small amount ov warm water then  added to 1 gallon for 2 days m8  ;)

Why don't you use the right stuff. Moxidectin is the latest and best wormer for pigeons. If it is hair worm you have, you will need to treat twice to get them cleared. I have even known of cases where a thrid treatment was needed. That is yet another case where the microscope comes into it's own.

Why don't you use the right stuff. Moxidectin is the latest and best wormer for pigeons. If it is hair worm you have, you will need to treat twice to get them cleared. I have even known of cases where a thrid treatment was needed. That is yet another case where the microscope comes into it's own.

Can i get it from the vet or do you know of another outlet?

Didn't ever think of using a horse wormer for my birds......each to their own !!!!

Hi everyone, firstly i have kept horses since i was a little girl and used nothing other than eqvalan to worm my show jumping horses, since marrying my husband i have been strongly involved with pigeon racing as the pigeon sport has been in his family for many many years.

I have previously worked at a pigeon pharmacy and have advised many customers with their pigeon health concerns to great success.

Although many fanciers do use eqvalan to worm their racing pigeons i wouldn't recommend it

I do however understand that each fancier have their own opinions and i do not want to knock any fancier who uses the product but personally my advice would be ''stay away''

Guest frank dooman

Eqvalan contains Ivermectin as its active ingredient. The equest gel's active ingredient is Moxidectine

yes your 100% correct it was the gel i used to use before i found moxidectine(sheep dip)